• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
BBC NEWS | Business | World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

More cash to augment Mugabe's Swiss Bank Account.

If Zimbabwe is over $1 Billion in debt with no hope of being able to repay, what on earth is the reason for further adding to that debt.

There has been little to no change in the way Zimbabwe is being governed simply because Mugabe and his thugs will not permit any change other than a public display of pretending to unite with the Opposition.

Almost as crazy as Obama stealing from US taxpayers and giving money to those thieves who caused problem in first instance.
What a crazy world we live in.

Link

If Zimbabwe is over $1 Billion in debt with no hope of being able to repay, what on earth is the reason for further adding to that debt.

There has been little to no change in the way Zimbabwe is being governed simply because Mugabe and his thugs will not permit any change other than a public display of pretending to unite with the Opposition.

Almost as crazy as Obama stealing from US taxpayers and giving money to those thieves who caused problem in first instance.

I agree with what you wrote until you decided to go all partisan and stick Obama's name in there. Obama is not doing anything differently then what Bush began doing, and McCain promised to do.

I agree with what you wrote until you decided to go all partisan and stick Obama's name in there. Obama is not doing anything differently then what Bush began doing, and McCain promised to do.

In other words, you're saying there's no difference between Bush, McCain, and The Messiah.

We already knew that.

Too bad we're getting the kind of short change we can believe in.

Link

Leaving aside the unrelated comments about President Obama, I noticed this in the article you linked:

BBC news said:
The World Bank said the relatively small amount of money was "a first step". More could be forthcoming when Zimbabwe begins to clear its arrears.

"The first task is to see how Zimbabwe can get on with debt reduction," said the World Bank's Toga Gayewea McIntosh.

Zimbabwe's finance minister, Tendai Biti, said the government would work with the World Bank on a debt reduction plan.

I removed a bit from the middle there to be clear up front.

It sounds to me like the World Bank is trying to get them some money to help get them started fixing things, but requiring them in return for that aid to get it's debt problem under control. Nothing inappropriate to that I can see. Sometimes people and countries need a bit of help getting started on the path to fixing themselves. I know I did at some points of my life.

Win Mugabe.
:2bow:

One Hundred Trillion Zimbabwe Dollars (notice the anti-counterfeit measures on it):

Zimbabwe_%24100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

The amount of them you would need to buy a round of beer for your friends:

Zimbabwe_Restaurant.jpg

I would imagine that Zimbabwe has the only paper currency on earth where the paper its printed on is worth more than the currency itself.

Last edited:
One Hundred Trillion Zimbabwe Dollars (notice the anti-counterfeit measures on it):

Zimbabwe_%24100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

The amount of them you would need to buy a round of beer for your friends:

Zimbabwe_Restaurant.jpg

I would imagine that Zimbabwe has the only paper currency on earth where the paper its printed on is worth more than the currency itself.

No since every single currency in the world is backed by well, nothing, its true for everyone, more or less.

Zimbabwe is just the extreme case

Back
Top Bottom