• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

World’s biggest carbon removal machine ‘freezes over’ in Iceland

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Apparently it’s too cold to run the machine that’s supposed to stop global warming.

To quote a certain comedian “ that’s funny, I don’t care who you are.

“The company running the world’s largest carbon removal machine has been forced to make modifications to the equipment after freezing weather in Icelandcaused the technology to stop working.

Reactions: PoS
Apparently it’s too cold to run the machine that’s supposed to stop global warming.

“The company running the world’s largest carbon removal machine has been forced to make modifications to the equipment after freezing weather in Icelandcaused the technology to stop working.

We call it climate change now, because calling it "global warming" and then having to explain why an overall rise in average temperature didn't mean cold temperatures went away was a waste of time.

I would think the most difficult part of capturing CO2 would be all the water vapor.
It seems like Antarctica would be idea, with almost no water vapor.
without water vapor, one would only need to chill CO2 a little to collect it as dry ice.

New tech always requires tweaking.

I would think the most difficult part of capturing CO2 would be all the water vapor.
It seems like Antarctica would be idea, with almost no water vapor.
without water vapor, one would only need to chill CO2 a little to collect it as dry ice.
Actually, they first infuse it in water before pumping it deep in the basalt. I don't know the common process, but I think you could just use a centrifuge, and collect the CO2 at the outside. A spinning pipe would work well. N2 has a molecular weight of 18. O2 is 32. Argon is 40. CO2 is 44. Centrifugal force is our friend here. That 10% and greater difference will separate CO2 rather well.

Green Energy has more pratfalls than pitfalls it seems.

I never knew just how dangerous these things are and how often they fail.

In addition to the collapses, the breaks, the damage blades, there are over 11.5 wind turbine fires on average a year? Why dont we know about that?

I'm surprised Dyson hasn't invented an appliance for the living room.

In addition to the collapses, the breaks, the damage blades, there are over 11.5 wind turbine fires on average a year? Why dont we know about that?

They don't want you to know anything about them.

They don't want you to know anything about them.
Well I sure didnt know that!

TO say nothing of the use of fossil fuel generation to de-ice them in the winter time.....

Green Energy has more pratfalls than pitfalls it seems.

Yes, they need to stop buying parts made in China.

If these climate nuts were really serious about removing carbon in the air they'd just plant more trees instead of building machines that they have to mine minerals for and powered with fossil fuels.

The climate cult: where hypocrisy and idiocy meet.

It’s cold in Iceland?

If these climate nuts were really serious about removing carbon in the air they'd just plant more trees instead of building machines that they have to mine minerals for and powered with fossil fuels.

The climate cult: where hypocrisy and idiocy meet.
These carbon removal machines are all part of the "ways to make money from climate change hysteria." It's the Al Gore method to get rich quick by terrorizing people then telling them you can save them from certain doom.

These carbon removal machines are all part of the "ways to make money from climate change hysteria." It's the Al Gore get rich quick by terrorizing people then telling them you can save them from certain doom.
Agreed.

1.5 Celsius above cold would most likely still be cold
So they didn’t plan for “freezing weather “ when they put this machine in Iceland? lol

Must be colder than they expected.

And here come all the shitty moron trolls with their dumb factless comments.

So they didn’t plan for “freezing weather “ when they put this machine in Iceland? lol

Must be colder than they expected
It looks like the machine should be tweaked.

Back
Top Bottom