• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Works for Me, But I’m Undemanding: The Trump Agenda for the 2nd Term

The part where they dare to imagine an end to the devastation of the Trump years. Let's hope it comes soon!

Devastation? SO you call the pre pandemic results devastation? Amazing how our country of 330,000,000 people has out preformed many of the European countries with recoveries from COVID 19 and have a lower death percentage without Universal Healthcare. Guess if I get the virus I am happy I live in this country not England, France, Canada!

Devastation?? You are getting exactly what you radicals want, a shutdown economy to stop the spread of the virus so you can have poor economic results and devastation to blame on the President. I will be voting for Trump in November and you will be voting for more massive nanny state economic policies and gloom and doom for hte American people. Nothing at all positive in the Biden Agenda but rather handouts to people who have that entitlement mentality and won't appreciate something they haven't earned

Devastation? SO you call the pre pandemic results devastation?

I hate to break it to you but the election is happening post-pandemic. We're not riding the Obama expansion anymore, Trump's disastrous pandemic response has made sure of that.

I hate to break it to you but the election is happening post-pandemic. We're not riding the Obama expansion anymore, Trump's disastrous pandemic response has made sure of that.

Yes, it is and we are in the midst of a recovery but keep ignoring the reality that your ideology is nothing but gloom, doom, politics of personal destruction. You keep focused on what you perceive was the Obama recovery that was rejected by the Electorate and I will keep posting positive information. Your support for Universal healthcare and the nanny state has terrible world results vs. our own country

8/19/2020 Cases Deaths Percentage to infections

France 248158 30544 12.3%

England 326614 41433 12.7%

Canada 125969 9090 7.2%

Sweden 87072 5817 6.7%

Germany 237082 9341 3.9%

Denmark 16242 621 3.8%

United States 5,850,278 180375 3.1%

Access Denied

Your support for Universal healthcare and the nanny state has terrible world results vs. our own country

I support the Affordable Care Act, which is the current health system in the United States. Sounds like you're endorsing it, too!

I support the Affordable Care Act, which is the current health system in the United States. Sounds like you're endorsing it, too!

Of course you do as you prefer having someone else provide for you vs. earning it yourself. Why would I endorse a system that has such poor death percentages from this virus? Your state is also among the worst don't you have basically universal healthcare?

Cases deaths Percentage
Massachusetts 125216 8901 7.1%

United States 5,850,278 180375 3.1%

Of course you do as you prefer having someone else provide for you vs. earning it yourself. Why would I endorse a system that has such poor death percentages from this virus?

You were just touting the U.S. a moment ago! The ACA is apparently the best system in the world.

You were just touting the U.S. a moment ago! The ACA is apparently the best system in the world.

I was posting U.S. results vs the world and we do NOT have Universal Healthcare in this country, Obamacare has been scaled back and even with Obamacare we had over 30 million uninsured. You keep buying the nanny state rhetoric which is rampant in your state, I prefer earning what I have and obviously appreciate it more than when something is given to me.

In 2018 there were less 20 million people enrolled in ACA and that is out of a population of 330 million. You can tout that until hell freezes over but that a puny response and shows that the American people get it, you probably never will nor will your state

I was posting U.S. results vs the world and we do NOT have Universal Healthcare in this country, Obamacare has been scaled back and even with Obamacare we had over 30 million uninsured.

The Affordable Care Act supported the modernization of local public health infrastructure, it's been guiding the development of the nation's health care work force for a decade, and it underpins key aspects of how care is delivered, particularly in primary care settings and in hospitals. And yes, it got coverage for millions of people. The American health system (i.e., the ACA) has offset at least some of the damage from the Trump administration's botched federal response to the public health crisis. We're fortunate for that.

The Affordable Care Act supported the modernization of local public health infrastructure, it's been guiding the development of the nation's health care work force for a decade, and it underpins key aspects of how care is delivered, particularly in primary care settings and in hospitals. And yes, it got coverage for millions of people. The American health system (i.e., the ACA) has offset at least some of the damage from the Trump administration's botched federal response to the public health crisis. We're fortunate for that.

The affordable care act was rejected at the ballot box in 10-12-14-16 and the results are on full display as I posted. Your need for the nanny state probably has more to do with potential personal gain than action positive results for individuals. It destroys incentive and is just another entitlement program that isn't appreciated by individuals. Why don't you tell us what your personal gain would be from Universal Healthcare?

The American healthcare is on full display with a 3.1% death rate per infection and millions of recoveries. You continue to do what the left always does, promotes gloom and doom hoping that the nanny state gets reimplemented. I posted the link to the Trump agenda for his second term. Compare that to the Biden Agenda and tell me which one is truly positive and will be accepted by the American people? You keep ignoring the value Americans have for individual freedoms and choice.

I missed it to, please point to the policy decisions and legislation to do that? Personal responsibility doesn't exist in your world, does it? Makes it rather hard for someone living in TX!

Not my fault you are willfully deaf, dumb, and blind. Nope, love living here in Texas, nice try at a set of insults, but they only reflect on your own lack of character.

Trump Campaign Announces President Trump's 2nd Term Agenda: Fighting for You! | Donald J. Trump for President

JOBS

Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months
Create 1 Million New Small Businesses
Cut Taxes to Boost Take-Home Pay and Keep Jobs in America
Enact Fair Trade Deals that Protect American Jobs
“Made in America” Tax Credits
Expand Opportunity Zones
Continue Deregulatory Agenda for Energy Independence

ERADICATE COVID-19

Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020
Return to Normal in 2021
Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States
Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics

END OUR RELIANCE ON CHINA

Bring Back 1 Million Manufacturing Jobs from China
Tax Credits for Companies that Bring Back Jobs from China
Allow 100% Expensing Deductions for Essential Industries like Pharmaceuticals and Robotics who Bring Back their Manufacturing to the United States
No Federal Contracts for Companies who Outsource to China
Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World

Ok, let the debates begin, anyone else notice the difference between the positive Republican Agenda and the gloom and doom liberal agenda??

My response from another thread:
https://www.debatepolitics.com/2020...ump-second-term-agenda-29.html#post1072519009

To add:
"Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020"
Why didn't anyone else ever think of that? Just do it.

The affordable care act was rejected at the ballot box in 10-12-14-16 and the results are on full display as I posted. Your need for the nanny state probably has more to do with potential personal gain than action positive results for individuals. It destroys incentive and is just another entitlement program that isn't appreciated by individuals. Why don't you tell us what your personal gain would be from Universal Healthcare?

The American healthcare is on full display with a 3.1% death rate per infection and millions of recoveries. You continue to do what the left always does, promotes gloom and doom hoping that the nanny state gets reimplemented. I posted the link to the Trump agenda for his second term. Compare that to the Biden Agenda and tell me which one is truly positive and will be accepted by the American people? You keep ignoring the value Americans have for individual freedoms and choice.

Conveniently, you omitted 2018, when the House was taken over by Democrats and Trump's obsession with gutting the ACA was the prime reason.

I was posting U.S. results vs the world and we do NOT have Universal Healthcare in this country, Obamacare has been scaled back and even with Obamacare we had over 30 million uninsured. You keep buying the nanny state rhetoric which is rampant in your state, I prefer earning what I have and obviously appreciate it more than when something is given to me.

In 2018 there were less 20 million people enrolled in ACA and that is out of a population of 330 million. You can tout that until hell freezes over but that a puny response and shows that the American people get it, you probably never will nor will your state
First, we have over 180,000 deaths due to Corona in the U.S. that's about a quarter of the world deaths, even though we have 3-4% of the world population. That's abysmal.
Second, everyone is subject to Obamacare, even if you have employer provided HC. Those people have children that are covered up to age 26 and lifetime caps have been eliminated. Moreover, Obamacare gave more than 20 million people health coverage. About half of the increase reflects gains in private coverage, due to ACA policies such as subsidies for individual market coverage, reforms to the individual insurance market, letting young adults stay on their parents’ plans, and the individual mandate requiring most people to have coverage or pay a penalty. (Congress repealed the individual mandate effective in 2019.) The rest comes from increased Medicaid coverage, due primarily to the ACA’s Medicaid expansion to low-income adults but also to ACA policies making it easier for eligible people to enroll in Medicaid.

As a result, the uninsured rate fell dramatically.

Not my fault you are willfully deaf, dumb, and blind. Nope, love living here in Texas, nice try at a set of insults, but they only reflect on your own lack of character.

Lack of character? So sorry that actual results, basic civics, history and the Constitution get in your way of promoting liberal rhetoric because that is all it is, talk, no positive results. Results matter except to people like you with an agenda, why don't you be honest and tell us what that agenda is?

Lack of character? So sorry that actual results, basic civics, history and the Constitution get in your way of promoting liberal rhetoric because that is all it is, talk, no positive results. Results matter except to people like you with an agenda, why don't you be honest and tell us what that agenda is?

What a load of gibberish. You could not answer the initial question I posted, and since then all you have are personal attacks, meaning you have squat to defend your boy and his agenda. Your Dismissed....

What a load of gibberish. You could not answer the initial question I posted, and since then all you have are personal attacks, meaning you have squat to defend your boy and his agenda. Your Dismissed....

What initial question, I don't see this post of yours as a question but rather a personal attack. I have no problem defending "my boy" and have done so with actual results. I have also pointed out the hypocrisy of you and your true liberal ideology blaming Trump for the pandemic results after supporting the economic shutdown to stop the spread of the virus showing that it really was all about gaining political points due to economic data that was generated by the economic shutdown which you supported

I missed where the trump agenda mentioned killing off SS, Medicare, ACA, DACA or trumps new healthcare coverage he promised weeks ago....is this a partial list of trump objectives?:shrug:

Thank you, Trump has threatened to "accomplish" all of that, and I am appreciative you have pointed these additional examples of Trump's obsession
with concentrating wealth (= influence = the political control that it buys), but I worked earnestly at portraying "Trumpism" in the most favorable light,
considering he whined that last week's Dem convention was so "Dark", he did not recognize it as his own "American Carnage" branding.

The irresistible attraction to his cult of personality will keep anthropologists fascinated for the next 100 years if Trump doesn't destroy science and academia more generally. Joe Schapiro! Where are you, now? The nation needs you to take the "presidency test" for Trump. On his own, he's flunking, bigly.

First, we have over 180,000 deaths due to Corona in the U.S. that's about a quarter of the world deaths, even though we have 3-4% of the world population. That's abysmal.
Second, everyone is subject to Obamacare, even if you have employer provided HC. Those people have children that are covered up to age 26 and lifetime caps have been eliminated. Moreover, Obamacare gave more than 20 million people health coverage. About half of the increase reflects gains in private coverage, due to ACA policies such as subsidies for individual market coverage, reforms to the individual insurance market, letting young adults stay on their parents’ plans, and the individual mandate requiring most people to have coverage or pay a penalty. (Congress repealed the individual mandate effective in 2019.) The rest comes from increased Medicaid coverage, due primarily to the ACA’s Medicaid expansion to low-income adults but also to ACA policies making it easier for eligible people to enroll in Medicaid.

As a result, the uninsured rate fell dramatically.

Some posters consistently choose to embrace whatever most benefits the top 1/10 th of one percent, about 75,000 households,
and no one else, but just know they are right of center, libertarians?

Imagine being so programmed by the Koch Bros. and RW media you defend the prior "system".. lobbyist influence being so enormously
successful insurers only insured the healthiest individual payers, reserving waiver of pre-existing conditions inelegibility exclusively for their group
policy offerings.. confining RUGGED INDIVIDUALS in too many instances to employment not optimal from a career planning standpoint.

IOW, an ambitious, talented employee who happened to develop illness or have a premature baby, etc., after being hired, could not take the risk of
ever changing jobs out of concern for continuing insurance eligibility. How many RUGGED INDEPENDENT INDIVIDUALS MASTERING THEIR OWN DESTINY
could not risk striking out on their own, chained to group insurance?

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or colloquially as Obamacare, is a United States federal statute enacted by the 111th United States Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama on Mar 23, 2010...

PPACA's major provisions came into force in 2014. By 2016, the uninsured share of the population had roughly halved, with estimates ranging from 20 to 24 million additional people covered.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP] The law also enacted a host of delivery system reforms intended to constrain healthcare costs and improve quality. After the law went into effect, increases in overall healthcare spending slowed, including premiums for employer-based insurance plans.[SUP][7][/SUP]
The increased coverage was due, roughly equally, to an expansion of Medicaid eligibility and to changes to individual insurance markets. Both received new spending, funded through a combination of new taxes and cuts to Medicare provider rates and Medicare Advantage. Several Congressional Budget Office reports said that overall these provisions reduced the budget deficit, that repealing PPACA would increase the deficit,[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP] and that the law reduced income inequality by taxing primarily the top 1% to fund roughly $600 in benefits on average to families in the bottom 40% of the income distribution.[SUP][10][/SUP]

Thank you, Trump has threatened to "accomplish" all of that, and I am appreciative you have pointed these additional examples of Trump's obsession
with concentrating wealth (= influence = the political control that it buys), but I worked earnestly at portraying "Trumpism" in the most favorable light,
considering he whined that last week's Dem convention was so "Dark", he did not recognize it as his own "American Carnage" branding.

The irresistible attraction to his cult of personality will keep anthropologists fascinated for the next 100 years if Trump doesn't destroy science and academia more generally. Joe Schapiro! Where are you, now? The nation needs you to take the "presidency test" for Trump. On his own, he's flunking, bigly.

So your alternative is gloom and doom Biden/Harris and their entitlement growing ideology? You really have no understanding of the U.S. economy and the spirit of the American people do you? There is an irresistible attraction to the freedoms we have in this country and the ability to EARN our own wealth and not seek to take it from someone else. You keep buying the liberal ideology while ignoring the liberal results. Two of the Greatest economies and countries of the world in the past were Venezuela and Argentina, what happened to those countries when liberalism took over and the gov't got so big?

Why such loyalty to liberalism as I never see you posting any policies or results that make this country stronger or better? You actually believe giving people something taken from someone else generates true appreciation and true benefits? That is the entitlement mentality that you continue to promote. Feel sorry for people like you

What initial question, I don't see this post of yours as a question but rather a personal attack. I have no problem defending "my boy" and have done so with actual results. I have also pointed out the hypocrisy of you and your true liberal ideology blaming Trump for the pandemic results after supporting the economic shutdown to stop the spread of the virus showing that it really was all about gaining political points due to economic data that was generated by the economic shutdown which you supported
Question:
Now go back to your reply to the question..
Good Day....

Some posters consistently choose to embrace whatever most benefits the top 1/10 th of one percent, about 75,000 households,
and no one else, but just know they are right of center, libertarians?

Imagine being so programmed by the Koch Bros. and RW media you defend the prior "system".. lobbyist influence being so enormously
successful insurers only insured the healthiest individual payers, reserving waiver of pre-existing conditions inelegibility exclusively for their group
policy offerings.. confining RUGGED INDIVIDUALS in too many instances to employment not optimal from a career planning standpoint.

IOW, an ambitious, talented employee who happened to develop illness or have a premature baby, etc., after being hired, could not take the risk of
ever changing jobs out of concern for continuing insurance eligibility. How many RUGGED INDEPENDENT INDIVIDUALS MASTERING THEIR OWN DESTINY
could not risk striking out on their own, chained to group insurance?

I get it. There is a huge disconnect. There is a widespread belief by, well, almost everyone, that they are entitled to — have earned — whatever good hand they have been dealt by the market economy. This is reflected in the more or less universal belief of the affluent that they deserve what they have; you could see this in the rage of rentiers at low interest rates, because it’s the Fed’s job to reward savers, right? In 2016, the story was in part one of people in Appalachia angrily demanding a return of the good jobs they used to have mining coal — even though the world doesn’t want more coal given fracking, and it can get the coal it still wants from strip mines and mountaintop removal, which don’t employ many people.

So, those longing for the return to coal want is those jobs they “deserve,” where they earn their money — not government handouts, no sir.

A fact-constrained candidate wouldn’t have been able to promise such people what they want; Trump, of course, had no problem.

But is that really all there is? Working-class Trump voters do, in fact, receive a lot of government help — they’re almost totally dependent on Social Security for retirement, Medicare for health care when old, are quite dependent on food stamps, and many have recently received coverage from Obamacare. Quite a few receive disability payments too. They don’t want those benefits to go away. But they managed to convince themselves (with a lot of help from Fox News, etc) that they aren’t really beneficiaries of government programs, or that they’re not getting the “good welfare”, which only goes to Those People.

And you can really see this in the regional patterns. California is an affluent state, a heavy net contributor to the federal budget; it went 2-1 Clinton. West Virginia is poor and a huge net recipient of federal aid; it went 2 1/2-1 Trump, who has been trying to cut that aid.

I don’t think any kind of economic analysis can explain this. It has to be about culture and, as always, race.

Don't forget 10.2% unemployment.

Question:
Now go back to your reply to the question..
Good Day....

what question, I support the Trump second term agenda and look forward to Republicans sweeping the Congress and getting it done. I answered that post claiming that I have seen no evidence that he is going to KILL OFF MEDICARE AND SS, couldn't care less about the other two, ACA is a joke and DACA will be handled with immigration reform and elimination of sanctuary cities. Why do you believe everything the left tells you when the reality shows different results than the rhetoric?

Medicare and SS need to be reformed, no question about it, Congress has borrowed from the fund for decades and never paid it back, FIT and CIT never were intended to fund those programs and it wasn't Trump that put them on budget so Congress could use the money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom