• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Working on being a better person

presluc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
These are a few traits I think define a good person one of these I have a little difficulty with, perhaps there's one that catches the eye of a poster out there..

1 BE STRONG BUT NOT ARROGANT
2 BE HUMBLE WITHOUT FEAR
3 BE KIND BUT NOT WEAK
4 BE SUCCESSFUL BUT NOT A SNOB
5 BE RESPECTFUL BUT DON'T LAY DOWN FOR NOBODY
6 KEEP YOUR PRINCIPLES BUT DON'T FORCE THEM ON OTHERS
7. BE YOURSELF WHILE WORKING ON THESE TRAITS.

Well that's my list as I said I have had some trouble with one of these can you guess which one?

If any poster wishes to add to this list they are more than welcome:peace

Ladies and Gentlemen I await your comments and views on this thread.

Does working on these traits make you a traitor? :lol: Jk.

Does working on these traits make you a traitor? :lol: Jk.

Ah, an attempt at humor , ah well my threads have been used for worse.lol:peace

These are a few traits I think define a good person one of these I have a little difficulty with, perhaps there's one that catches the eye of a poster out there..

2 BE HUMBLE WITHOUT FEARReal whipping cream makes the best biscuits though. 2 cups flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 1 /2 cups cream, mix together, knead 6-7 times, roll out into a 1/2" thick slab, cut the biscuits, dip them in butter, then bake until golden.
3 BE KIND BUT NOT WEAK

Well that's my list as I said I have had some trouble with one of these can you guess which one?

#5 uses a double negative. that could be improved

That's a good list.
I think I would add: Be patient without compromising your own values.

#5 uses a double negative. that could be improved

I suppose I should add write better to my list. true it is a double negative..

However the two traits I have a problem with are linked is not #5 it is #2 and #3 as the old song says it is difficult to be humble for too often people mistake being humble and kind for weakness and fear many I have known in my life found out this was an error for being humble does not mean one afraid, and being kind does not make one weak.:peace

That's a good list.
I think I would add: Be patient without compromising your own values.

A good addition it matters not to me who gets credit for a good idea only that it is a good idea.

However being patient without compromising your own values in todays society although would be a good trait , it would be most difficult to keep.:peace

1 BE STRONG BUT NOT ARROGANT ,
2 BE HUMBLE WITHOUT FEAR
3 BE KIND BUT NOT WEAK

l have been trying to remove my ego to feel more peaceful and avoid hurting the other people

2 BE HUMBLE WITHOUT FEAR
3 BE KIND BUT NOT WEAK

8) Look at women's breasts without staring.

l have been trying to remove my ego to feel more peaceful and avoid hurting the other people

You can't do that , there's too many people feeding your ego cause you are a good person , people like me and many others .:peace

2 BE HUMBLE WITHOUT FEAR
3 BE KIND BUT NOT WEAK

Aka be a moderate. ;)

Depend's on the size doesn't it .lol:peace
lulz

I've noticed an inverse correlation between breast size and will power.

lulz

I've noticed an inverse correlation between breast size and will power.

I've noticed that too, it seems the bigger the breast size, the smaller the will power.lol:peace

You can't do that , there's too many people feeding your ego cause you are a good person , people like me and many others .:peace

thx presluc but
good people shouldnt need to get their ego fed in my opinion

thx presluc but
good people shouldnt need to get their ego fed in my opinion

Need to ,,no.

However I always thought feeding an ego is not a need but a gift for being a good person, like you..:peace

Back
Top Bottom