• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Working for Trump and getting screwed

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This from our friends at Politico

I Survived ‘Trump’ Magazine—Barely - POLITICO Magazine

we have heard about Trump screwing contractors who worked for him and lots about people who paid lots of money for the formula to wealth from his bogus TRUMP UNIVERSITY and now we get this. It seems that TRUMP MAGAZINE was no exception to the general rule that Trump put it to those who worked for him and treated them shabbily.

If this guy started out with a so called brand worth 3 billion dollars in his estimation, by election day he will be lucky if it is worth ten percent of that.

this is just a small taste of the article

One at a time, the magazine’s longtime staffers—including Jacobson’s personal assistant, who had been with the company since its first day—found new jobs and left the company. Rumors began circulating about the state of Trump, and nobody was optimistic.
That’s about when our paychecks started to bounce.
The first time it happened, it seemed like an accident, or maybe an oversight. The office accountant quickly issued a new payment and covered the fee for the check bouncing. But then it happened again. And this time, the company didn’t reissue a check. Instead, I was handed a brown paper bag filled with hundred-dollar bills to cover for the company’s lack of payroll funds.

Some way to run a business huh? And keep in mind this is not written by some outside reporter trying to score a hit on Trump getting their information second hand and from other sources. It comes from the horses mouth.

The receptionist gig paid a paltry $25,000 per year—barely minimum wage

new york minimum wage.jpg

Boy, it didn't take long for this "journalist" to be caught lying.

Personally, I had never been a fan of Donald Trump <------->and knew very little about the man.
Contradicting herself in the same sentence. "I don't care for someone I know very little about". Two degree+mounting student debt+desperately taking jobs off craigslist=will say and do anything for money. It's really obvious from the start this is a less than subtle hit-piece.

we have heard about Trump screwing contractors who worked for him and lots about people who paid lots of money for the formula to wealth from his bogus TRUMP UNIVERSITY and now we get this. It seems that TRUMP MAGAZINE was no exception to the general rule that Trump put it to those who worked for him and treated them shabbily.

If this guy started out with a so called brand worth 3 billion dollars in his estimation, by election day he will be lucky if it is worth ten percent of that.

Some way to run a business huh? And keep in mind this is not written by some outside reporter trying to score a hit on Trump getting their information second hand and from other sources. It comes from the horses mouth.

That won't be Clinton's problem. Their funds will have shot up.

View attachment 67205742

Contradicting herself in the same sentence. "I don't care for someone I know very little about". Two degree+mounting student debt+desperately taking jobs off craigslist=will say and do anything for money. It's really obvious from the start this is a less than subtle hit-piece.

Its amazing how you can ignore the mountain to complain about a relative molehill.

Its amazing how you can ignore the mountain to complain about a relative molehill.

Seeing as how I work in insurance I know that there's plenty of other lies. I figured I'd focus on the more obvious stuff that doesn't require an understanding of insurance. But if you like I can pick apart her lies about how her insurance claims too if you'd like.

Seeing as how I work in insurance I know that there's plenty of other lies. I figured I'd focus on the more obvious stuff that doesn't require an understanding of insurance. But if you like I can pick apart her lies about how her insurance claims too if you'd like.

What can I get for $25,000.00 - 30 years term - age 92, cancer survivor and heavy smoker?

View attachment 67205742

If that's the case, she has other options, perhaps a Connecticut strip club could hire her since she's based in NYC.

It's not a big deal. Donald Trump is a deadbeat. Everyone knows that but some don't care. Donald Trump says he always wins and we know that's bull**** but some don't care. And for the record, Donald Trump claimed his net worth is over $10 billion.
"Last July, Trump’s campaign famously claimed that his net worth was “in excess of TEN BILLION DOLLARS.” Nearly a year later, Trump’s campaign said the tycoon’s wealth has grown, but the only figure given for Trump’s net worth is “in excess of $10 billion.” There is no clarification about how much the current “excess” over the eleven-digit round number exceeds the old “excess.”
How Much Is Donald Trump Really Worth? - Fortune

None of the companies such as Forbes, Fortune, or Bloomberg find evidence of even half that. But, if he's lying, there are those who really don't care. Mr. Trump has said that if he kills someone he wouldn't lose a single one of what he calls "my people".

As for stiffing people, Mr. Trump has no shame.
"Sometime between 1979 and 1980, Trump hired a contractor to demolish an old building in midtown Manhattan to make way for Trump Tower. The contractor signed on workers from a local union and, to meet Trump’s tight deadline, also brought on 200 undocumented laborers from Poland dubbed the "Polish Brigade."

The Polish employees were off-the-books, working 12-hour shifts seven days a week for $4 to $5 an hour, with no overtime. Some workers were never paid what they were owed."
We Googled 'Trump Polish workers.' Here's what we found | PolitiFact

In the first Republican debate, Chris Wallace asked Mr. Trump about the people who lost over a billion dollars on his bankruptcies and Mr. Trump's non-answer was, "I made a lot of money in Atlantic City and I'm proud of that." People Donald screwed out of a billion dollars don't really matter. It's all about Donald. And, some people don't care.

Last edited:
There is a companion thread..."working for Bill Clinton and getting raped". I think it was started by the same person that started the "Working for Hillary Clinton in the State Department and getting Killed" thread.

Man its going to be a fun election.

The horses mouth? I've never heard of Carey Purcell. The disgruntled beginning disgruntled receptionist from decades back. Now obviously a non Trump supporter. Horses mouth would be Trump, Guccione, or possibly this guy Jacobson. Any word from them?

The horses mouth? I've never heard of Carey Purcell. The disgruntled beginning disgruntled receptionist from decades back. Now obviously a non Trump supporter. Horses mouth would be Trump, Guccione, or possibly this guy Jacobson. Any word from them?

The horses mouth meaning someone inside that magazine who has first hand knowledge based on real experience.

The horses mouth meaning someone inside that magazine who has first hand knowledge based on real experience.

New York minimum wage in 2006...

January 1, 2006 Increased from $6.00 to $6.75
Her salary was 25k per year.
So she was making 2 1/2 times the minimum wage but called it "barely above the minimum wage". Not only is it factually wrong, but it also has nothing to do with the story at all. What does her salary have to do with the story? Nothing.

2. Trump licensed his name to the magazine. That's it. Trump wasn't responsible for managing the magazine at all. It had nothing to do with Trump except have his name on it. It's no different than slapping any other endorsement on a product to increase it's value. So right there we know she's a self-entitled ignoramus who thinks she's deserving of millions of dollars out of college and no experience but also thinks she knows how businesses work when she clearly doesn't.

3. Sucks that she lost her health insurance but she didn't have four days. She had at least 15...
Employers are required to inform employees and dependents upon loss of coverage, in writing, by at least fifteen days before the coverage ceases.
Once again, caught in another lie. She's a flippant habitual liar who doesn't tell the facts so she's definitely got what it takes to work for CNN or MSNBC.

Trump magazine may have been merely a licensing deal for him, but it was also the aggregation of everything he held dear: a magazine with his name (and often his image) on the cover, a luxurious fantasy wrapped in cover shots of Trumpish opulence.
Sorry toots. It's just a licensing deal, and your desperate effort to make it seem more than that is just shameless and embarrassing. But since "shameless and embarrassing" is the new standard for the MSM I think she'll have a long bright future despite her obvious incompetence. If you're feeling raw about how you got treated you sue the person who was actually in charge of the managing of the magazine not Trump. Now go cry crocodile tears in front of someone who gives more than 0 ****s.

New York minimum wage in 2006...

Her salary was 25k per year.
So she was making 2 1/2 times the minimum wage but called it "barely above the minimum wage". Not only is it factually wrong, but it also has nothing to do with the story at all. What does her salary have to do with the story? Nothing.

$500 bucks a week living in New York City and working on Park Avenue!!!! Good luck with that.

2. Trump licensed his name to the magazine. That's it. Trump wasn't responsible for managing the magazine at all. It had nothing to do with Trump except have his name on it. It's no different than slapping any other endorsement on a product to increase it's value. So right there we know she's a self-entitled ignoramus who thinks she's deserving of millions of dollars out of college and no experience but also thinks she knows how businesses work when she clearly doesn't.

You put your name on it and use it to publicize yourself - you now own it in the sense that its yours and the public feels its yours and you are responsible for it.

3. Sucks that she lost her health insurance but she didn't have four days. She had at least 15...

Your human compassion is awe inspiring. :roll:

It's just a licensing deal, and your desperate effort to make it seem more than that is just shameless and embarrassing.

You put your name on it - its yours.

Last edited:
$500 bucks a week living in New York City and working on Park Avenue!!!! Good luck with that.
Which has nothing to do with the story. But she's the one pissing and moaning about "barely above minimum" wage. She's a liar.

You put your name on it and use it to publicize yourself - you now own it in the sense that its yours and the public feels its yours and you are responsible for it.
Yes that is Trump's error in so far as he's creating the perception that his name on it means he owns it. It's not factually correct but that's the box he put himself in when it comes to perceptions.
Your human compassion is awe inspiring. :roll:
I work in insurance. I hear a lot of sob stories that don't involve a person lying to gain sympathy.
You put your name on it - its yours.
Legally it's not true at all. You should ask any franchise owner.

Which has nothing to do with the story.

I was merely replying to what you brought up in your own post.

But she's the one pissing and moaning about "barely above minimum" wage. She's a liar.

In New York City working on Park Avenue - she has a very good point taking the environment and cost of living there into effect and looking beyond the strict minimum wage figure.

I work in insurance. I hear a lot of sob stories that don't involve a person lying to gain sympathy.

Great. I hope you are more sympathetic and helpful than your reaction to this story.

Legally it's not true at all. You should ask any franchise owner

Go back and read what I wrote and you will see the word LEGALLY was not my point. You put your name on it and use it to publicize yourself - you now own it in the sense that its yours and the public feels its yours and you are responsible for it.

Or that they are just more anti Trumpers just making stuff up.

These stories are based on people wanting to get money, yes? this means they will, in typical liberal fashion, say or do anything to get the money. if they are republicans, they will be more concerned with their own funds and would want to see someone they suppose is brining down the party, a typical view i suppose for liberal republicans living in the midst of a progressive city, they would have this type of thing brushed onto them.

Either way, the employees have to a political lean, and, therefore are very interested in every way as to what mr trump is doing. if they were wanting to bring trump down, for maybe they are women working in the office that feel offended - hell they could be liberal woman workers and still affect the ladies and gents of the republican party, it only takes a spark to get a fire going.

There is money at stake. there is fame at stake, there is the opportunity to play with the electoral system and 'white house operations' at stake. there is a motive for this type of biased behavior, and, therefore there is a need to analyze the facts properly.

When you have ANY business owner who employs thousands of people and has interests in many other businesses, then you will ALWAYS find some people who aren't happy for whatever reason. I've worked for small businesses that only employed between 3 to 16 people at any one time, and yet over a period of a few years you would find people who were happy with the job and people who weren't.

When you toss politics into the mix, with a woman who is so callous that she helped work to destroy the victims of her husband's sexual assaults, combined with a media filled with like-minded activist/ideologs, then you will witness a hand full of unhappy clients or employees whose stories are greatly exaggerated and exploited for political gain.

If the media wasn't made up of primarily activist/ideologs, then they would spend more time discussing the many scandals, lies, coverups, failed policies and corruption of the "other" candidate, but obviously they won't do much(if any) of that.....

Back
Top Bottom