• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Work proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Light

The Light of Truth
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Dear DP mods,

When I'm travelling, my work requires me to connect to them using a VPN that I install on my computer. In the case that the VPN doesn't work, they have a web portal that I can use which acts as a de facto web proxy once I login.

Should I decide to login to DP, will this result in my account being banned? If so, I can avoid DP while I am doing work related stuff. I just wanted to clarify with the mods how that whole thing works.

Muchos gracias :)

Unless there is something suspicious going on I highly doubt anything would happen.

You'll have to hear it from them, but it shouldn't be a problem. I log in on different computers in different places all the time. I think the only thing the software looks for is multiple users from one IP.

Dear DP mods,

When I'm travelling, my work requires me to connect to them using a VPN that I install on my computer. In the case that the VPN doesn't work, they have a web portal that I can use which acts as a de facto web proxy once I login.

Should I decide to login to DP, will this result in my account being banned? If so, I can avoid DP while I am doing work related stuff. I just wanted to clarify with the mods how that whole thing works.

Muchos gracias :)

I think the problem is creating multiple accounts, not posting from multiple IP. Any time someone posts from a different computer or device, the IP will change.

You could risk, although doubtful, that someone has a created an account on the same VPN then it would flag you. If that happens, send a 'contact us' from a link at the bottom right and it will be taken care of.

Perfectly okay to log in from all sorts of different IP addresses, as long as you're logging into just one name.

Thanks everyone!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom