• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Work place grievences

Mell

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What would you say are the most common ones?

What are your particular pet hates?

What would make you dissatisified with a job? Would you leave because of it?

What situations have tempted you to leave a job?

What situations have made you actually quit your job?

Depends on the job really.
My gripes have been all over the place.

I've had a couple guys try to blame me, when they were screwing around.
I don't play that ****.

People calling out, when you know their reason is bull crap.

People making the same money, with an easier job.

Supervisors and if I found better pay/stability.

Better pay/benefits, type of work and job stability.

Most of the time I've quit because I found a better job.

Only twice have I quit because I hated the work place.

First time was when I moved and my car broke down, keeping me from coming into work for a while.
My boss had a **** fit and said I needed to sleep at her house.
Screw that, I called her boss and he said he supported her fully.
So I told him, I quit.

Second time my boss was a racist ass wipe, sexually harassed both male and female staff.
I quit after about 9 months.

Second time my boss was a racist ass wipe, sexually harassed both male and female staff.
I quit after about 9 months.

I think, that one would certainly drive me out of there. I would probably try to ignore it, but after a while I would think it is just not worth being there, even though I would hate the hassles of looking for a new job.

I think, that one would certainly drive me out of there. I would probably try to ignore it, but after a while I would think it is just not worth being there, even though I would hate the hassles of looking for a new job.

Yea it got to be too much.

The job would of been a great career, which is why I stayed as long as I did.
I kick myself for leaving sometimes because I'd probably be earning double what I do now.

The owner was a total jack ass though.

Yea it got to be too much.

I kick myself for leaving sometimes because I'd probably be earning double what I do now.

I think, people in the long run actually end up better off financially, as well as everything else, if they work for a company with a good reputation for treating employees well. A company which appears to pay well, may leave its employees less well off than expected, because of screwing them around so much. At least, that is how I see it.

My boyfriend recently got a new job, after being made redundant from the last one. This new one pays less, but he is actually getting more money every month, just because they are fair about it. The last company used to tell the employees they do not need to do overtime if they are efficient, so thus avoided paying them for the overtime they all had to do. The current company is fair about the money and realistic about the overtime.

The new company are even heavily hinting about giving my boyfriend a more skilled role, when one becomes available. He has only been there for 5 months.

All that, after years of getting little respect at his last company.

I quit a job once because there were too many women in it. You can't work in a place where women outnumber men. It's innately hostile and high-strung.

Not to mention I need valuable water-cooler talk, especially around March Madness or NFL postseason time. I don't want to hear about your cousin's baby, or how the family liked your apple cobbler.

I quit a job once because there were too many women in it. You can't work in a place where women outnumber men. It's innately hostile and high-strung.

Not to mention I need valuable water-cooler talk, especially around March Madness or NFL postseason time. I don't want to hear about your cousin's baby, or how the family liked your apple cobbler.

Maybe you are a women hater. It is weird, but they do exist.

Probably crappy bosses or asshole co-workers would be the most common. "Crappy" and "asshole" being purely subjective terms, of course.

Micromanaging bosses and co-workers who "steal" other people's work, or lie about what they do or did.

I leave when I'm unhappy with a job, period. When the negativity related to the job outweighs the benefits, it's time to move on. I don't hang around in jobs that I despise unless I have little other choice but to do so. And sometimes I'm just biding my time.

As for what would make me dissatisfied... well, could be any number of things. A controlling, micromanaging boss is a big one. Really crappy work conditions. Outrageous expectations. Constant negative feedback and no positive (i.e., you can't do anything right) or a coworker who goes out of their way to make your life a living hell. I get along with just about everyone pretty well since I'm pretty ****ing laid back and easy going. But occasionally, there are just assholes that can consistently hit those nerves, and relish in doing so.

Anytime I have been tempted, I have left. I don't understand why people remain in jobs they hate for long periods of time.

Wow... that's a doozy. LOL I've had a LOT of jobs. And I've only been fired from two and laid off from one.

Let's see: (we'll leave out seasonal stuff that I just didn't return to)

I quit my job as a professional photographer at Hunter Mountain in NY because my boss was a total control freak dick who paid squat. But what caused me to walk off the mountain, pack my ****, and drive back to WV was when it was 40 below on the mountain and I was in the lift shack trying to get feeling back in my fingers and toes and he called up there (because he watched me with binoculars) and said that I wasn't "allowed" to go in the lift shack to get warm. When I told him that 1)My camera batteries wouldn't function unless they were warm and 2)I couldn't take pictures if I couldn't feel my fingers, he told me to "suck it up" and get back outside. I walked off the mountain, tossed the camera at him, told him to go to hell, and left the state.

I quit my job at the amublance service as an EMT when my bosses kept insisting that I lie on the trip sheets in order to commit Medicare/Medicaid insurance fraud. Not to mention that the hours (72 straight hours every week) and the pay sucked donkey balls. Combined with the fact that we were glorified taxi cabs and did more transport than actual emergency stuff. The abuse of the ambulance by the Medicaid/Medicare folks was more than I could tolerate.

Quit my job at the last river company I worked for in order to persue a different career.

Quit my job at Humana because I was offered another job with better pay and benefits and one of my co-workers had really gotten on my last nerve. Before I left, they actually offered to get rid of him in order to keep me, but they couldn't match the final bid on pay and benefits, and the new job was closer to family, so I left.

Quit my job at the company mentioned above (that I left Humana for), because I was offered a job with even more pay and better benefits at Sony. My "dream" job working on video games.

Quit my "dream job" at Sony because my boss was a micro-managing whore bitch. Really, really sucked that I sacrificed and lost so much in order to take that job and it was SUCH a great job, great environment - - except for HER. But, since she was my boss, there was no getting around having to deal with her constantly. And dealing with her constantly made my job miserable and the sacrifices I'd made weren't worth it. So I quit.

Quit a job in Alaska doing snorkeling tours because my boss was THE biggest asshole prick I have ever met in my life. And I've met a lot. I could do nothing right, *ever*. And he kept changing the "rules". One day he'd want something done this way, the next day another way. He told me that since I was new, ALL of the other employees were my "boss". I'd do what they'd tell me, it would be wrong, and I'm the one who would get **** for it. So, I quit. I mean, I **** you not when I tell you I've not EVER met a man I loathed as much as I loathed him. Egotistical, arrogant, asshole son of a bitch.

Mell said:
Maybe you are a women hater. It is weird, but they do exist.

I love women. I just love them more when they shut their mouths and cook.

''Anytime I have been tempted, I have left. I don't understand why people remain in jobs they hate for long periods of time.''
Sometimes I wonder if all jobs are unpleasant, and as long as one is not being blatently abused one just has to learn exterme patience with people. But, maybe I am being overly negative, because I have not experienced a job where people go to work in order to work, rather than participate in unhealthy work place politics.

''I love women. I just love them more when they shut their mouths ...''
I know how you feel, because I wish you would shut your mouth, you boring pain in the ass. This is the second thread I have seen you make comments like this on. Looks like you just want to irritate people or irritate me, for some reason of you own.

actually being expected to earn the pay they receive

being directed to do something the manager and employee both know is against law, rule or regulation
if you get caught, you get nailed and the manager who directed you skates
if you refuse, the manager screws with your career and insists you are not a 'team player'

can't imagine a job where there was no element of satisfaction
a job where the reward for staying on was not worth the crap; but i would always try to have another job in my pocket before i split

the ones where the reward was not worth the hassle

owner gave me a ration of **** because i was dating his daughter; left the job and continued to see his daughter
three months later i was able to personally deliver a check from my next employer, paying his invoice
it was $30,000 less than he had anticipated (that's 1972 dollars). i was the one who prepared the documentation to show the adjusted amount which caused the check to be short
so, i got to screw him and his daughter ... but i was wearing clothes when i laid it to him

from time to time i run into former co-workers who quit in a pique. now, they are still working while i have been retired since '03. sometimes, it is worthwhile to suck it up and tell yourself you are just trading time for money. do what you have to to become vested

Back
Top Bottom