• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Woodward a red herring?

R

robweber2

is it possible that Woodward has cut a deal to be the journalistic "liason" for the Fall Guy that will eventually take the blame for the CIA leak, perhaps to try to impede the case against Libby? it's intriguing to me that Woodward has said the reason he waited to divulge what he knew was to avoid being subpoenaed, yet has criticized the leak investigation as unimportant. seems like a possible subpoena is fairly important. his past comments don't seem to congeal very well with his current position. granted, in this crazy political world, we don't even know what "is" is, but it's something to consider...

robweber2 said:
is it possible that Woodward has cut a deal to be the journalistic "liason" for the Fall Guy that will eventually take the blame for the CIA leak, perhaps to try to impede the case against Libby? it's intriguing to me that Woodward has said the reason he waited to divulge what he knew was to avoid being subpoenaed, yet has criticized the leak investigation as unimportant. seems like a possible subpoena is fairly important. his past comments don't seem to congeal very well with his current position. granted, in this crazy political world, we don't even know what "is" is, but it's something to consider...

I simply love it, ..& Woodward is going to see & feel the wrath of the media & the democratic party that will turn on him in a second because he may unwittingly be a boon for Scooter Libby's defense team.

It seems that laws never ever have to apply to journalists, & the news media at large. Somehow THEY are always exempted from prosecution, & major investigations as they being seen as the purveyors of truth, & the protectors of free speech when in fact, ..THEY are the biggest leakers of sensitive information themselves that ENJOY seeing others prosecuted for the same sins that THEY commit, & in fact are probably MORE responsible for!

Perhaps yet, it is time to start investigating & prosecuting the medias role, & stop assuming that THEY deserve the benefit of doubt because purveyors of truth & fact,.. they are not, & they damn sure are not neutral with regards to their OWN political leanings!;)

The media is excellent at helping to support the polls that define Bush as not being held in favor these days; ..but the media wants no part in their own BELIEVABILITY, & the fact that the majority holds THEM in contempt & distrust!

Last edited:
Stu Ghatze said:
It seems that laws never ever have to apply to journalists, & the news media at large. Somehow THEY are always exempted from prosecution, & major investigations as they being seen as the purveyors of truth, & the protectors of free speech when in fact, ..THEY are the biggest leakers of sensitive information themselves that ENJOY seeing others prosecuted for the same sins that THEY commit, & in fact are probably MORE responsible for!

Perhaps yet, it is time to start investigating & prosecuting the medias role, & stop assuming that THEY deserve the benefit of doubt because purveyors of truth & fact,.. they are not, & they damn sure are not neutral with regards to their OWN political leanings!;)
Judith Miller spent around 85 days in jail for protecting her source.

Personally I don't care if Valerie Plame was outed by "Scooter" Libby or Howard Dean. Somebody did, and they deserve justice. If Woodward is telling the truth, then he's not a red herring, he's a valuable witness toward figuring out who actually did this!

I think Woodwards actions are very odd and suspicious. I don't know what angle he is working or if he just wants a new book deal. The GOP that once hated him is now celebrating him. It doesn't effect libbys fate though.

Back
Top Bottom