• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wonder why cops are hated

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
How can we not understand how people would mistrust cops and demonstrate mightily for reform? Why are we ALL not NUTZ about this?

Los Angeles, CA – Exposing the double standard between police and civilians, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday that no criminal charges will be filed against the eight LAPD officers responsible for nearly killing an innocent woman and her daughter. Although the cops ambushed the unarmed women without warning and fired over 100 bullets without provocation, the district attorney justified the case of mistaken identity due to the fact that the officers involved were afraid and incompetent.At 5 a.m. on February 7, 2013, Margie Carranza and her mother, Emma Hernandez, were delivering newspapers throughout a residential neighborhood in Torrance when eight LAPD cops suddenly opened fire. As Carranza suffered cuts from the flying glass, Hernandez was shot twice in the back while trying to protect her daughter. One bullet exited just above Hernandez’s collarbone, while the other bullet struck her lower back, near her spine. A fragment of shattered glass also flew into her eye.
After firing 107 bullets at the innocent women, the LAPD cops ordered them out of the vehicle and immediately realized their mistake. Instead of a 33-year-old black man, two Hispanic women exited the pickup truck and demanded to know, “Why did you shoot at us?”

Read more at No Charges for Cops Who 'Accidentally' Fired 107 Bullets at an Innocent Mom and Daughter
E]

This is insanity.

How can we not understand how people would mistrust cops and demonstrate mightily for reform? Why are we ALL not NUTZ about this?

This is insanity.

What the ****ing ****. That's BS.

Well, if there is a threat, do the police defend themselves or defend other people? this would be like when you see a person going near houses and maybe looking like they are trying to get in, yes? why are they going door to door? this would mean they are looking for someone and they appear to be suspicious to the point of endangering the neighborhood.

No doubt the cops saw them in los angeles and supposed that there were more of them? often, you get women in gangs, but these mean more gangsters, of course. women are attracted to men in power, and men love it when the women come along, so, there was a subconscious undertone that there would be more in the back.

Then, we can blame the media. anyone that has watched dead presidents understands how quickly things go down? due to the media they were probably scared and thought that they would be bigger than hte imminent problem by accosting the van with bullets, yes? i mean, who knows what they were under the influence of?

This is insanity.

the district attorney justified the case of mistaken identity due to the fact that the officers involved were afraid and incompetent.

The "afraid and incompetent" defense. Now, that's a new one.

"I shouldn't be prosecuted for having shot someone. I was afraid and incompetent." Sure, that will convince a jury.

Im originally from Torrance and I can tell you the cops there (along with the rest of the LAPD) are the worst in the country.

The whole story behind this incident was a former cop went on a rampage because he claimed that he was unjustly let go by the LAPD so he vowed he would kill cops. He managed to kill about 2-3 cops before he shot himself after he was surrounded and the LAPD attempted to burn him alive.

While he was on the loose, there were reports of him driving a pickup truck. One day, these moronic cops from the Torrance PD spotted a truck and started shooting at it. But inside was a mother and daughter delivering newspapers. Not only was the truck the wrong make, it was also the wrong color!

Im originally from Torrance and I can tell you the cops there (along with the rest of the LAPD) are the worst in the country.

The whole story behind this incident was a former cop went on a rampage because he claimed that he was unjustly let go by the LAPD so he vowed he would kill cops. He managed to kill about 2-3 cops before he shot himself after he was surrounded and the LAPD attempted to burn him alive.

While he was on the loose, there were reports of him driving a pickup truck. One day, these moronic cops from the Torrance PD spotted a truck and started shooting at it. But inside was a mother and daughter delivering newspapers. Not only was the truck the wrong make, it was also the wrong color!

but they were driving a truck: GUILTY

ready ... fire ... aim!

Los Angeles, CA – Exposing the double standard between police and civilians, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday that no criminal charges will be filed against the eight LAPD officers responsible for nearly killing an innocent woman and her daughter. Although the cops ambushed the unarmed women without warning and fired over 100 bullets without provocation, the district attorney justified the case of mistaken identity due to the fact that the officers involved were afraid and incompetent.At 5 a.m. on February 7, 2013, Margie Carranza and her mother, Emma Hernandez, were delivering newspapers throughout a residential neighborhood in Torrance when eight LAPD cops suddenly opened fire. As Carranza suffered cuts from the flying glass, Hernandez was shot twice in the back while trying to protect her daughter. One bullet exited just above Hernandez’s collarbone, while the other bullet struck her lower back, near her spine. A fragment of shattered glass also flew into her eye.
After firing 107 bullets at the innocent women, the LAPD cops ordered them out of the vehicle and immediately realized their mistake. Instead of a 33-year-old black man, two Hispanic women exited the pickup truck and demanded to know, “Why did you shoot at us?”

Read more at No Charges for Cops Who 'Accidentally' Fired 107 Bullets at an Innocent Mom and Daughter
E]

This is insanity.

I know many will think this statement is partisan hackery at its best but...the bold and underlined part? Yeah....Thanks Director Comey for letting those that have power flaunt the law with no repercussions and showing others in power that they too can do the same.

"I shouldn't be prosecuted for having shot someone. I was afraid and incompetent." Sure, that will convince a jury.

It's worked for decades for the Clintons. Yes, some cops are afraid and they shouldn't be cops. Some cops are incompetent and shouldn't be cops. But only a total fool or a liberal, I know that's redundant, would justify hatred for a group.

Keep in mind that the unions exist to protect the incompetent, the brutal, the lazy, and the corrupt police officers.

This is insanity.

Yes 107 rounds fired into a newspaper carrier. Those folks have been served and protected.

It's worked for decades for the Clintons. Yes, some cops are afraid and they shouldn't be cops. Some cops are incompetent and shouldn't be cops. But only a total fool or a liberal, I know that's redundant, would justify hatred for a group.

Keep in mind that the unions exist to protect the incompetent, the brutal, the lazy, and the corrupt police officers.

Hatred of all the individuals that belong to a group because some members of the group do horrible things is wrong.

Hatred for the institution that continuously enables some members of their group to do horrible things without punishment is completely understandable.

This is insanity.

So, because LAPD has chicken **** cops and this Prosecutor is a moron.... all cops around the country are not to be trusted?

I guess because Chicago has the worst murderous violent group of black people in the country, I should stay away from black people in my own community, because how can I trust them?

So, because LAPD has chicken **** cops and this Prosecutor is a moron.... all cops around the country are not to be trusted?

I guess because Chicago has the worst murderous violent group of black people in the country, I should stay away from black people in my own community, because how can I trust them?

Please note my signature line. Just received Bob's permission to use his great post. Explains my position perfectly. In case that's not clear enough, though, I don't think that at all. But one can understand why some people would.

We cannot give cops a license to kill under certain circumstances and not vigorously police them when they fall short. This group of guys fell Oh-so-woefully short. So did their PD. So did the prosecutor. This should not happen.

No need to convince a jury at all when the (criminal) case is never ever going to see a courtroom. This was the district attorney's lame excuse not a defense attorney's brilliant idea.

I don't know the basis for the District Attorney's decision not to prosecute, but I do know a lot more went into it than the author of that article mentioned. The article struck me as anything but objective reporting.

Sure, the Clintons have a habit of shooting people out of fear and incompetence, "liberals", meaning anyone who disagrees with your point of view, are all stupid, and if only the cops didn't have unions to protect the incompetents, none of this would happen.

In this parallel universe, however, the one we refer to as the "real world", none of the above is even remotely true.

No need to convince a jury at all when the (criminal) case is never ever going to see a courtroom. This was the district attorney's lame excuse not a defense attorney's brilliant idea.

and a lame excuse it was, one of the lamest.

This is insanity.

Look no farther than the liberal democRATS . How many families of murdered police officers are invited to speak at the DNC ? :roll:

Reminds me of 'affluenza'.

I don't know the basis for the District Attorney's decision not to prosecute, but I do know a lot more went into it than the author of that article mentioned. The article struck me as anything but objective reporting.

Really? Seriously? Like maybe the driver stuck her hand out the window with her index and thumb forming a gun and shouted bang-bang-bang really loud?? Or maybe bang-bang–bang-bang-bang REALLY fast and they all thought she had an automatic weapon?? Think they left that out?

Look no farther than the liberal democRATS . How many families of murdered police officers are invited to speak at the DNC ? :roll:

What?!

Yep. The cops that shot up the wrong car must be Democrats. That explains everything.

This is insanity.

My jaw is on the floor. Unreal.

Incompetent? Yes. They fired 107 rounds and scored one nonfatal hit. At the wrong people. Driving a truck of the wrong make and color from what they were looking for.

Afraid and incompetent? Damn right. Extremely incompetent, and unbelievably stupid. American cities are not supposed to be war zones or free fire zones.

All involved are just lucky they couldn't shoot straight. Dear and fluffy Colonel Cooper, what astonishing incompetence.

That the system is going to protect them is appalling.

Had any ordinary citizen done such a thing based on such an obviously flawed suspicion, rest assured they'd be doing time for assault with a deadly weapon at a MINIMUM, and be subject to civil liability as well.

Really? Seriously? Like maybe the driver stuck her hand out the window with her index and thumb forming a gun and shouted bang-bang-bang really loud?? Or maybe bang-bang–bang-bang-bang REALLY fast and they all thought she had an automatic weapon?? Think they left that out?

As a lawyer who grew up in L.A. and lives here, I know a little about the L.A. County D.A.'s office. The lawyers who work there are not crooks and idiots--far from it. A rabble-rousing article by someone with unknown credentials is hardly a detailed analysis of what went into the decision not to prosecute these cops. I don't know what was involved in the D.A.'s decision not to prosecute them for that shooting, and I doubt you do either. I remember this incident, but I never saw any discussion of what crimes the police might have been charged with. Prosecutors often find it hard to prove the intent crimes require, and it's not obvious to me what evidence there was that these cops intended to shoot at two innocent women.

The article stated the facts, while youre just going on pure, biased guesswork. The DA will always protect the cops and would have only been forced to press charges if the women were killed and if there was an outcry. But since they weren't killed then they decided to bury it. There has always been collusion with the DA and the cops and they will protect their own, history has shown it time and time again.

Please note my signature line. Just received Bob's permission to use his great post. Explains my position perfectly. In case that's not clear enough, though, I don't think that at all. But one can understand why some people would.

We cannot give cops a license to kill under certain circumstances and not vigorously police them when they fall short. This group of guys fell Oh-so-woefully short. So did their PD. So did the prosecutor. This should not happen.

All of those bolded statements are true.

However, what can a street cop in Virginia do about cops in LAPD and how their case is handled by the prosecutor there?

He can do just about as much as my black friend Jay here in my town can do about black people murdering other black people in Chicago.

And that is.... Jack ****.

Back
Top Bottom