• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women's Peace Group Launches Boycott Campaign of Israeli Ahava Cosmetics

Blunt

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
NEW YORK - July 21 - Following a dramatic, bikini-clad demonstration yesterday inside the beauty industry's annual major Cosmoprof conference in Las Vegas, the leading women's peace and justice group CODEPINK announces the launch of "Stolen Beauty," a boycott campaign against the Israeli cosmetics company, Ahava Dead Sea Laboratories. Through this campaign, CODEPINK plans to move the company -- which sells its products in upscale shops, spas and salons worldwide -- to end its exploitative, illegal practices and pressure Israel to end its violations of international law against Palestine and its people. "Ahava, which means 'love' in Hebrew, is hardly loving in what it's doing in the Occupied West Bank," said Nancy Kricorian, main organizer of the "Stolen Beauty" campaign. "With its misleading packaging, shady exploitation of West Bank resources and more, Ahava violates international human rights' laws and makes its profit on dirty products. By boycotting Ahava, one supports human rights and an end to a brutal occupation." CODEPINK, which in the past two months has already staged three demonstrations against Ahava in Israel and New York City (view photos and video here and of yesterday's actions here), recently sent a fact-finding mission to the Ahava headquarters in the Israeli settlement of Mitzpe Shalem in the Occupied West Bank. What they found made their skin crawl: its products produced on site in the Occupied West Bank are labeled of 'Israeli origin' even though, according to international law including the relevant UN Security Council Resolutions, the West Bank cannot be considered to be part of the State of Israel. The company also exploits occupied natural resources for profit, which is a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Women's Peace Group Launches Boycott Campaign of Israeli Ahava Cosmetics | CommonDreams.org
Shame on them I for one will not use their products. would you?

What the heck are they talking about?
The Dead Sea is not an occupied territory.

Shame on them I for one will not use their products. would you?

Make up is makeup.
If the product is good, it will soon be in my hands

I'm a man, and pretty strapped for cash. But I will look into buying some of these products as gifts to show my support for Israel.

Code Pink needs to support as much cosmetic intervention as possible for its membership.

Last edited:
I really don't think it matters.
Seeing the kind of females that belong to this organization, I don't think they were using cosmetics to start with.

If they ever synchronize their menstrual cycle Israel may be doomed.

But I will look into buying some of these products as gifts to show my support for Israel.

Buy makeup to show support for Israel? Jeez.

Why not be normal and just buy a Israeli flag lol

Seeing the kind of females that belong to this organization, I don't think they were using cosmetics to start with.

They are female of course they buy and use cosmetics.

What they found made their skin crawl: its products produced on site in the Occupied West Bank are labeled of 'Israeli origin' even though, according to international law including the relevant UN Security Council Resolutions, the West Bank cannot be considered to be part of the State of Israel.

OMFG!!!!! Bust out the crimes against humanities warrants

Last edited:
best_waterproof_mascara1.jpg

In a related move, new code pink spokesperson Constance Fatale announces their new endorsement contract with Maybeline. "It really made perfect sense", said Fatale, "since Maybeline has such an excellent track record when it comes to purchasing their experimental animals strictly from Hamas approved animal dealers". "Plus, their quality is unmatched" she added "so the Joos can just have their Ahava!"

Make up is makeup.
If the product is good, it will soon be in my hands

That was funny! Uh no I am not a transvestite. No I do not wear make up either. I believe we men should accept the fact that when we hit our fifties our faces end up looking like our testacles-saggy and wrinkly. Its the way nature it intended it to be.

On a more serious note, these boycotts are having the opposite effect.

Apparently what is happening is that groups in reaction to such suggested boycotts are going out and buying these products in volume as a counter-protest.

I suppose it is one's democractic right to boycott the products of nations they do not like.

Why do I have the feeling the people calling for the boycotts drive large suv's full of gas from human rights violating nations and have no qualms purchasing products from China and other "civilized" nations of the world?

Boycotts. We used to use that word for jock-straps when I played hockey.

That was funny! Uh no I am not a transvestite. No I do not wear make up either. I believe we men should accept the fact that when we hit our fifties our faces end up looking like our testacles-saggy and wrinkly. Its the way nature it intended it to be.
No it isn't.
Men wouldn't reach the fifties without the development of the health system.

No it isn't.
Men wouldn't reach the fifties without the development of the health system.

Speak for yourself. I reached my fifties without the health system thank you.
However I do not doubt I will be using it soon. I am beginning to drool.

p.s. smile before someone sticks a thermometer up your tuchus.

Yep. Ahava skin lotions are among the best available.

Well they had a booth at the CNE and there were some beautiful Israeli women selling that stuff and I was slapped twice in the head by my wife but honest I was not staring. Well yes I was.

On a more serious note, these boycotts are having the opposite effect.

Apparently what is happening is that groups in reaction to such suggested boycotts are going out and buying these products in volume as a counter-protest.

I hate it when people tell me to boycott things i like.
I remember shopping and running into some leaflet handing weirdos who was brandishing a note under my nose telling me to boycott Marks and Spencers and coca cola because its money was funding weapons and settlements. I blinked for two seconds and just said no and proceeded to walk into M&S and buy some coke.

Give me something Israeli that i don't buy and i'll happily boycott it :mrgreen:

Speak for yourself. I reached my fifties without the health system thank you.
However I do not doubt I will be using it soon. I am beginning to drool.

p.s. smile before someone sticks a thermometer up your tuchus.
You've misunderstood.
By health system I did not mean to the government health system, but to the system of health mankind has developed so far.
You brush your teeth in the morning, take a shower every day, and you live long.
Years ago, people would usually die around their 40s.

Pfft, I'm one of those men who boycotts all make-up. I think it's silly and clownish. I firmly believe that women don't need makeup. Ladies, be proud of your appearance, regardless, and show off what your mama gave ya!

(Donkeh also boycotts burkas and other head coverings, too. Except hats... I like hats. Well, not those freakin' Fidel Castro hats. Why the **** is that even a fashion statement?!?!?! D: )

Pfft, I'm one of those men who boycotts all make-up.
I used to believe that as well until a female woke up next to me in the morning.
While there are some women that have a natural beauty, make-up can only add.

I used to believe that as well until a female woke up next to me in the morning.
While there are some women that have a natural beauty, make-up can only add.

Oh that is harsh but i have to agree, i look a nightmare when i get up i cannot deal without some form of makeup. I don't cake it on but i will put something on.

Pfft, I'm one of those men who boycotts all make-up. I think it's silly and clownish. I firmly believe that women don't need makeup. Ladies, be proud of your appearance, regardless, and show off what your mama gave ya!

(Donkeh also boycotts burkas and other head coverings, too. Except hats... I like hats. Well, not those freakin' Fidel Castro hats. Why the **** is that even a fashion statement?!?!?! D: )

I like hijabs, beats me spending hours a day on my hair.

Meh, natural is okay if you have flawless skin

Buy makeup to show support for Israel? Jeez.

Why not be normal and just buy a Israeli flag lol
That's a fair question.

I'd just want to do my part to neutralized any possible damage these harppies might do to the company in question.

Code Pink needs to just start wearing Pink Burkas.

Back
Top Bottom