• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women's March event canceled over concerns of being 'overwhelmingly white'

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
More anti-white RACISM from the RACE-OBSESSED left....so now, just being a WOMAN (aka:"X chromosome only" ) does not make one "enough of a woman, to represent women."

eyes crossed puppet.jpg

Organizers of a Women’s March rally slated for Northern California next month have canceled the event, saying they were concerned that participants would have been “overwhelmingly white."

In a news release, organizers for the march in Eureka – about 270 miles north of San Francisco – said Friday the "decision was made after many conversations between local social-change organizers and supporters of the march.”

“Up to this point, the participants have been overwhelmingly white, lacking representation from several perspectives in our community,” the news release continued.

“I understand wanting a diverse group. However, we live in a predominantly white area … not to mention how is it beneficial to cancel? No matter the race people still want their voices heard.”

— Amy Sawyer Long
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/or...GMPkcHYK_sNyoOAShucH698pawirVIIwaNicIRPV9QXws

It turns out one, a couple or some of the lead organizers have baggage. I guess there will be a different event under new organization eventually.

It's GREAAAAT to see them eat their own.

I care about racism now and it's liberals who are racist!

anti-white RACISM

Not for your benefit: I don't buy into the full length of the "institutional racism" thing, but the idea of racism against white people mattering in any context that affects us here?

:lamo

Fwiw, the OP misrepresents what happened. Some lead organizers have questionable (racist) pasts. The event needs new lead organization and that will happen under a new event.

Not for your benefit: I don't buy into the full length of the "institutional racism" thing, but the idea of racism against white people mattering in any context that affects us here?

Please explain the "context" that makes RACISM against ANYONE "not matter", here, or anywhere else. :lamo

Fwiw, the OP misrepresents what happened. Some lead organizers have questionable (racist) pasts. The event needs new lead organization and that will happen under a new event.

I didn't cancel the event, over "too many white people", which is ECXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

Please QUOTE what I "misrepresented"....QUOTE...not pull out of your arse.

anti-white RACISM

Please explain the "context" that makes RACISM against ANYONE "not matter", here, or anywhere else. :lamo

I said that it was not for your benefit. I said that because I knew what you would say, right down to the CAPSLOCK!

I said that it was not for your benefit. I said that because I knew what you would say, right down to the CAPSLOCK!

And I knew you would utterly fail to defend your RIDUCULOUS EQUIVOCATION, right down to the CAPS/FONT comments.

I didn't cancel the event, over "too many white people", which is ECXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

Please QUOTE what I "misrepresented"....QUOTE...not pull out of your arse.

No, that’s what the headline says. It is not accurate.

More anti-white RACISM from the RACE-OBSESSED left....so now, just being a WOMAN (aka:"X chromosome only" ) does not make one "enough of a woman, to represent women."

Organizers of a Women’s March rally slated for Northern California next month have canceled the event, saying they were concerned that participants would have been “overwhelmingly white."

In a news release, organizers for the march in Eureka – about 270 miles north of San Francisco – said Friday the "decision was made after many conversations between local social-change organizers and supporters of the march.”

“Up to this point, the participants have been overwhelmingly white, lacking representation from several perspectives in our community,” the news release continued.

“I understand wanting a diverse group. However, we live in a predominantly white area … not to mention how is it beneficial to cancel? No matter the race people still want their voices heard.”

— Amy Sawyer Long
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/or...GMPkcHYK_sNyoOAShucH698pawirVIIwaNicIRPV9QXws

If you read the article, the headline is deliberately worded in order to fan the flames of hatred on the right. Another way to word it could be: "Women's march cancelled over insufficient diversity." The article states that the concern was that there wasn't enough representation of other perspectives. Combined with some question of antisemitism in the leadership, it made sense to disband.

Of course, this more accurate account of the story would have generated far fewer clicks and less traffic leading to fewer advertising dollars. So better to frame it as anti-white racism by saying "too white," contribute to a false narrative that white people are under attack by liberals, generate a sense of anxiety and unease in your readership which they will pass on to their neighbors and offspring, and guarantee a captive audience into the future. I guess it is a smart move by Fox News? They generate a lot of money by skirting the line between 'news' and 'entertainment.'

Unethical as hell, though.

If you read the article, the headline is deliberately worded in order to fan the flames of hatred on the right. Another way to word it could be: "Women's march cancelled over insufficient diversity." The article states that the concern was that there wasn't enough representation of other perspectives. Combined with some question of antisemitism in the leadership, it made sense to disband.

Of course, this more accurate account of the story would have generated far fewer clicks and less traffic leading to fewer advertising dollars. So better to frame it as anti-white racism by saying "too white," contribute to a false narrative that white people are under attack by liberals, generate a sense of anxiety and unease in your readership which they will pass on to their neighbors and offspring, and guarantee a captive audience into the future. I guess it is a smart move by Fox News? They generate a lot of money by skirting the line between 'news' and 'entertainment.'

A distinction without a difference.

Yes....another way to say " because it's TOO WHITE" is to say because of a "lack of diversity".

RACISM remains RACISM.....

No, that’s what the headline says. It is not accurate.

Yeah; " concerns of being 'overwhelmingly white'' is completely different...in Leftist Liespeak, anyway.

Ms. Mallory, meanwhile, who is now co-president of the Women’s March group, has been criticized for attending an event by Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam who has been widely reviled for making anti-Semitic remarks. Ms. Mallory has called Mr. Farrakhan “the GOAT,” or “greatest of all time,” on social media.

The accusations of anti-Semitism, which were outlined in an article this month in Tablet, an online Jewish magazine, have prompted some women to reconsider their support for the group.

Some Jewish women have announced on social media that they will not attend the mass protest in Washington on Jan. 19 being organized by the Women’s March group. Last month, Teresa Shook, a white woman from Hawaii who created the first Facebook page proposing a march, called for the group’s leaders, who include Ms. Mallory and Ms. Perez, to step down.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/23/us/womens-march-anti-semitism.html

But in September, Sarsour said American Muslims shouldn’t “humanize” Israelis. There was no overwhelming response from the left to remind her that Israelis are actually human. American Jews who ignore this hatred are fooling themselves. Anti-Semitism is specifically about dehumanizing Jews until their murder makes sense.

In July, she tweeted birthday wishes at a fugitive cop-killer. This is not a woman who has done a lot of introspection and changed her views. Why stand with her?...

Why march with such women? And note: While “Black women, Native women, poor women, immigrant women, disabled women, Muslim women, lesbian queer and trans women” are all specifically mentioned in the “Unity Principles,” Jewish women are not. Meanwhile, anti-Semitic attacks account for more than half of all hate crimes in the US. Maybe it’s not a coincidence.
https://nypost.com/2018/11/04/dont-...s-march-unless-youre-good-with-anti-semitism/

Mallory later denounced the anti-Semitic statements. But Women's March chapters have continued to put pressure on movement leaders to step down, with one chapter disbanding over the issue.

The Chicago chapter responded to the controversy in March through a statement condemning "bigotry in all its forms."

"No universe exists in which it is acceptable to support anti-Semitic statements," the chapter wrote.

Sara Kurensky, a board member for Women's March Chicago, said the decision to cancel the upcoming march wasn't based on the recent controversy. But she called the opportunity to further distance the Chicago group from national Women's March leaders a "side benefit."

"That sort of infighting within the movement is very painful. It's very painful to watch," she said. "When a handful of leaders ... say something, they are not speaking for an entire movement."

Chicago organizers are planning another, as-yet-unspecified activity for Jan. 19.
https://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-chicago-womens-march-20181226-story.html

It's not about "too white". OP is white victim BS and marginalizing antisemitism. White nationalist behavior.

Yeah; " concerns of being 'overwhelmingly white'' is completely different...in Leftist Liespeak, anyway.

That's literally not what the concerns were. You are reading fake news.

Yes....another way to say " because it's TOO WHITE" is to say because of a "lack of diversity".

This thread is another way to get the issue out there because there's already a thread on this topic. "Racism" runs rampant!

That's an observation that "reverse racism" is being doubly promoted, not that the poster is racist.

Last edited:
I guess it is a smart move by Fox News? They generate a lot of money by skirting the line between 'news' and 'entertainment.'

Getting harder and harder nowadays to glean untainted/manipulated facts from many well known news sources, from all perspectives.

Getting harder and harder nowadays to glean untainted/manipulated facts from many well known news sources, from all perspectives.

I'm concerned with the ability for channels that hold themselves out as "news" stations to intermix "entertainment" shows in with news segments, often without differentiating the two. I suppose on the one hand it encourages people to do their own research on salacious sounding headlines. But too many people don't bother and just believe everything they hear or read.

"Lack of diversity" is not racism. It is lack of diversity. This implies a desire for a group of mixed races, genders, and backgrounds, and when this couldn't be attained, the march was abandoned.

"Too white" implies a desire for less people of a particular race, and that if there were fewer (or no) people of that race, then the march wouldn't have been abandoned. That is racism, and is not what happened.

A desire for diversity is not the same thing as discrimination against a racial majority.

I'm concerned with the ability for channels that hold themselves out as "news" stations to intermix "entertainment" shows in with news segments, often without differentiating the two. I suppose on the one hand it encourages people to do their own research on salacious sounding headlines. But too many people don't bother and just believe everything they hear or read.
The mixing of commentary with news reporting has become much more common over the last decade or more due to the need of capturing an audience in a world with more and more “sources” becoming available seemingly daily. I don’t have or want a Facebook account, but my wife routinely talks with old school friends and people she grew up with and tells me about changes/updates to the platform so I’m not completely ignorant of the social networking site however, I was surprised and dismayed to learn that about 40% of Americans get at least a portion of the news they absorb through Facebook. The kind of folks you referred to (I call them sheeple) who accept whatever they’re told have always existed in our society, but as a much smaller portion back when news sources were clearly defined and not as abundant. Now it’s all about grabbing an audience and holding them by whatever means necessary, and that has made it even easier to fool the gullible and lazy among us. Sadly, I don’t think it’ll ever get better.

The mixing of commentary with news reporting has become much more common over the last decade or more due to the need of capturing an audience in a world with more and more “sources” becoming available seemingly daily. I don’t have or want a Facebook account, but my wife routinely talks with old school friends and people she grew up with and tells me about changes/updates to the platform so I’m not completely ignorant of the social networking site however, I was surprised and dismayed to learn that about 40% of Americans get at least a portion of the news they absorb through Facebook. The kind of folks you referred to (I call them sheeple) who accept whatever they’re told have always existed in our society, but as a much smaller portion back when news sources were clearly defined and not as abundant. Now it’s all about grabbing an audience and holding them by whatever means necessary, and that has made it even easier to fool the gullible and lazy among us. Sadly, I don’t think it’ll ever get better.

Hopefully it can be mitigated through better education. I think a class on propaganda and how to spot it should be a mandatory part of secondary education.

This was begun with the end of the fairness doctrine and cemented with media consolidation. Fox also won a court case where they set the precedent of dishonesty being their right as a news outlet.

The real problem is that very few voters care about ethics in journalism. It's either because they don't realize how vital the truth is to a functioning democracy or they're not motivated to make it a campaign issue because they don't see the connection between the gross incompetence of our current leadership and the various propaganda channels that cover their asses with lies.

Hopefully it can be mitigated through better education. I think a class on propaganda and how to spot it should be a mandatory part of secondary education.
Would be better if more parents taught their children critical thinking skills/practices as part of the normal rearing process, as most of us at or past the half century mark had benefit of, but yes, I agree a course in school is better than nothing.

— Amy Sawyer Long
Women'''s March event canceled over concerns of being '''overwhelmingly white''' | Fox News

I do disagree with throwing exaggerated terms around towards any group of people.
But yeah, that's just a shame. Shoulda happened. If anyone questioned it at all during the event, someone should say "These are simply the women who live here"

Back
Top Bottom