• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women who beat their children when not controlled?

Spanking is a very useful tool in the tool box, sometimes pain is the only teacher that works.

If your kid has some emotional disorder, perhaps.

If a kid is an average one, and the parent employs it correctly, a time out properly done will correct almost any misbehavior.

The dumbest comment I’ve encountered today, and that’s including watching a segment on tv of Trump talking to active duty military serving overseas about the great job he’s doing.

It's easy to say that a comment is dumb. What you won't be able to do in this situation is explain why.

My guess is that you are the anomaly.

That's true, and I'm happy to be one. That did not used to be the case, however. In any case, it's an argumentum ad populum fallacy.

If your kid has some emotional disorder, perhaps.

If a kid is an average one, and the parent employs it correctly, a time out properly done will correct almost any misbehavior.

Having the next progression available is extremely useful...I used a belt on a kid exactly once, but them knowing that the belt was possible was priceless.

It also solved the immediate problem, which was a great danger to the kid in question.

"IF IT SAVES A LIFE"

Last edited:
But you don't know there's anything bad here. You're just ragging on him, trying to get a rise and kind of making yourself look like an ass.

I think it's important to point out bull**** wherever, whenever folks try to sell it, to let them know it's not acceptable. I think the bull****ter is impolite. You think I'm impolite for calling him on it. You and I have very different worldviews.

And, I actually do know that being a soldier is bad, from extensive experience.

Having the next progression available is extremely useful...I used a belt on a kid exactly once, but them knowing that the belt was possible was priceless.

It also solved the immediate problem, which was a great danger to the kid in question.

"IF IT SAVES A LIFE"

If you are willing to share... what great danger is a kid facing that stopping to spank them will solve? If they are getting spanked they are not in any danger from whatever it previously was.

If you are willing to share... what great danger is a kid facing that stopping to spank them will solve? If they are getting spanked they are not in any danger from whatever it previously was.

My boy was running off for hours at a time going miles away as he was involved in criminal activity with a seriously disturbed friend....... If you dont approve of me using the belt on him I dont give two two ****s.

Stay In Your Lane!

NOTE: He is now an up and coming officer in USA currently in Afghanistan doing great things, and with an amazing wife.

Last edited:
My boy was running off for hours at a time going miles away as he was involved in criminal activity with a seriously disturbed friend....... If you dont approve of me using the belt on him I dont give two two ****s.

Stay In Your Lane!

I am not one that claims that it is child abuse... I just don't think it is necessary. I gave one of my two children one slap to the hiney because she tried to run out into traffic at two years old. One swipe and that was all... ever. Time Outs work just fine for the vast majority of kids.

Stay In Your Lane!

I absolutely and totally despise that expression. In case you're not aware, it's corporatespeak that information/knowledge hoarders use to say "stay off my turf". A variation of this is "You're in my lane".

It's easy to say that a comment is dumb. What you won't be able to do in this situation is explain why.
“Dumb” was actually much kinder than your comment deserved. Calling an American patriot serving his country a mercenary is utterly reprehensible.
That's true, and I'm happy to be one. That did not used to be the case, however. In any case, it's an argumentum ad populum fallacy.
Agreeing that you are an anomaly and then saying that those who believe you are an anomaly are wrong? How many of you are there in your head?

I am not one that claims that it is child abuse... I just don't think it is necessary. I gave one of my two children one slap to the hiney because she tried to run out into traffic at two years old. One swipe and that was all... ever. Time Outs work just fine for the vast majority of kids.

I am saying that even if you are right which is doubtful because this is a politically charged topic and we do very poorly at talking about these sorts of things honestly anymore.....WE USED TO BE BETTER........you need to be extremely careful here with your surity that you know how others should run their lives better than they do.

Stay In Your Lane!

NOTE: He is now an up and coming officer in USA currently in Afghanistan doing great things, and with an amazing wife.

And you believe hitting him changed that? You didn't provide any positive reinforcement for good behaviour?

And you believe hitting him changed that? You didn't provide any positive reinforcement for good behaviour?

Carrots and sticks are both required, we are talking about one stick here...the fact that you assume that this was all that was going on is a failure on your part,

Be Better

Carrots and sticks are both required, we are talking about one stick here...the fact that you assume that this was all that was going on is a failure on your part,

Be Better

Do you work in Human Resources? You're using one corporatespeak term after another. My comeback to managers that use the carrot and stick: Turn the carrot and stick into lawsuit stew. Just in case anyone wonders about my approach to corporal punishment: Limit it's use to once per YEAR. That way the kid knows when he has REALLY screwed up.

Do you work in Human Resources? You're using one corporatespeak term after another. My comeback to managers that use the carrot and stick: Turn the carrot and stick into lawsuit stew. Just in case anyone wonders about my approach to corporal punishment: Limit it's use to once per YEAR. That way the kid knows when he has REALLY screwed up.

I am so disappointed, we we jelling so well you and me.

Good parents don't need to spank... ****ty parents do...

In theory, I totally agree. In practice, anger and emotion can interfere. I deplore witnessing an angry parent physically dominate a child. Yes, children yearn and long from within. They come through us, live and learn with us. They do not belong to us. They have their own thoughts. Their futures lie in a place we cannot visit, not even in our dreams. We can strive to understand them. Seek not to mold them in our image.

Many of my words paraphrase the late philosopher and illustrator Kahlil Gibran. My dad strove hard to spare the rod. It made both him and I kinder, stronger and better people. If he had made it part of his toolkit to beat me, I don't think we would still play the game of life with each other with as much genuine love and warmth.

One phenomenon I have seen in third world countries is that households with weak men see the children being beaten by their mothers. Isn't it better that men control those women for the benefit of the children? When such people immigrate to the USA it's important for men to realize that they have an effective partner in law enforcement if they live in a conservative state. In liberal states, they involve CPS, which often results in the children trading one abusive woman for a different one employed by the state.

Have you looked into moving to Colorado City, AZ? You may find it to your liking.

I am so disappointed, we we jelling so well you and me.

Certain terms get on my nerves that's all. At least you're not telling us about your paradigm shift or how we are implementing tomorrow, today.

Certain terms get on my nerves that's all. At least you're not telling us about your paradigm shift or how we are implementing tomorrow, today.

I am a member of The Rebellion, certainly I loath Corporate PR Departments, however I have developed a new habit of using lefty speak against the abusive BUS DRIVERS TO UTOPIA.

Perhaps you pick up on that.

:2wave:

Have you looked into moving to Colorado City, AZ? You may find it to your liking.

Next time I'm out West, I will look you up there for lunch and you can show me around. How much do you pay in property taxes to Colorado City?

Last edited:
I am a member of The Rebellion, certainly I loath Corporate PR Departments, however I have developed a new habit of using lefty speak against the abusive BUS DRIVERS TO UTOPIA.

Perhaps you pick up on that.

:2wave:

You mean like this one?

maduro_bus.jpg

Your laughter doesn't bother me. You're still avoiding the point.

what point? that my boy is a warrior that will make terrorists an appointment with their 72 virgins?

what point? that my boy is a warrior that will make terrorists an appointment with their 72 virgins?

Your boy doesn't defend you, nor your freedoms. He kills people for money because corporations and people of influence want them dead. If you think that's a "good boy," maybe you'll give us your definition of good. You claimed he was good, I'm challenging that claim.

Back
Top Bottom