• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women to become Navy SEAL's and Army Rangers

So you do expect less from men in military service. Thanks for making your disdain for them clear.

Now there is a standard lowered!!!!!!

So you do expect less from men in military service. Thanks for making your disdain for them clear.

Do you care to tell how I'm wrong? Every last time women were invited to the military ranks throughout history rape became a serious problem far worse than anything seen in society itself.

Do you care to tell how I'm wrong? Every last time women were invited to the military ranks throughout history rape became a serious problem far worse than anything seen in society itself.

Are you saying that's a valid argument to bar women from being part of the military?

Are you saying that's a valid argument to bar women from being part of the military?

Yes, I am. In fact, I will go so far as to say it was used as a reason to bar women before.

LOL, how many of these women have double D's?
------------

I don't know about the women applying for special forces.
But in the general female population.....not enough.

Yes, I am. In fact, I will go so far as to say it was used as a reason to bar women before.

Well that's a sad, sad, thing. You apparently have so little respect for military men that you can't expect them to behave like rational adults in the real world. That's just insulting. I, and pretty much everyone else in the private sector routinely work with women. This does not cause us to indiscriminately rape every female around us. Why you would expect so much less from military men is beyond me. Frankly it's an attack on our soldiers, and you really ought to be ashamed of yourself. :shrug:

So will a beer belly. That's a spectacularly stupid argument to make.

Don't see to many beer bellies any more in grunt units.

I wonder if females have to meet the same minimum body fat standards as the males ? That's right, that wouldn't be politically correct.

For males, the formula is % body fat = 86.010 x log10(abdomen - neck) - 70.041 x log10(height) + 36.76, and for females, the formula is % body fat = 163.205 x log10(waist + hip - neck) - 97.684 x log10(height) - 78.387.

We've already had at least one woman pass the Q Course. If they can cut it without the standards being lowered, then what's the huge deal?

I'd like to see a source on that. I've been through part of the Q Course, and I really don't think that's the case. I can't even think of a reason she'd be there in the first place.

Long as the women meet the same standards as the men, that's all that matters to me.

Don't see to many beer bellies any more in grunt units.

No you won't, because the men and women who apply for such jobs are generally in good shape. You also probably aren't going to see a lot of double d's from female grunts, but you were happy enough to make that assumption, weren't you? Bottom line: if a woman is capable of completing the relevant training, why do you have a problem with that?

No you won't, because the men and women who apply for such jobs are generally in good shape. You also probably aren't going to see a lot of double d's from female grunts, but you were happy enough to make that assumption, weren't you? Bottom line: if a woman is capable of completing the relevant training, why do you have a problem with that?

Because they are either going to lower the standards for all or have a double standard where females standards are lower than male standards.

That's the way liberal social engineering experimentation works in the military. Always has and always will.

American soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen always bleed and die every time liberals have used the U.S. military for social engineering experimentation.

Because they are either going to lower the standards for all or have a double standard where females standards are lower than male standards.

That's the way liberal social engineering experimentation works in the military. Always has and always will.

American soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen always bleed and die every time liberals have used the U.S. military for social engineering experimentation.

Conspiracy bull**** aside: do you have a problem with women being accepted to such organizations if they meet the standards?

Well that's a sad, sad, thing. You apparently have so little respect for military men that you can't expect them to behave like rational adults in the real world. That's just insulting. I, and pretty much everyone else in the private sector routinely work with women. This does not cause us to indiscriminately rape every female around us. Why you would expect so much less from military men is beyond me. Frankly it's an attack on our soldiers, and you really ought to be ashamed of yourself. :shrug:

Believe what you will, but history and current stats are on my side. History makes it very clear that having women in the military is very bad idea and current events are showing it all over again. It really doesn't matter if you like that fact or not.

Conspiracy bull**** aside: do you have a problem with women being accepted to such organizations if they meet the standards?

You mean facts aside. Not many women are going to meet standards designed for men.

----------------

This may shock you, but there are certain posters who have a problem with EVERYTHING.

You mean facts aside. Not many women are going to meet standards designed for men.

I didn't say there are. I'm asking you what you think about the ones who can.

Believe what you will, but history and current stats are on my side. History makes it very clear that having women in the military is very bad idea and current events are showing it all over again. It really doesn't matter if you like that fact or not.

Again: you're arguing that men in the military are, and should be held to lesser standards re: rape than are men in literally every other context. You're insulting military men. If that's your best argument, that's a sad, sad, thing.

Again: you're arguing that men in the military are, and should be held to lesser standards re: rape than are men in literally every other context. You're insulting military men. If that's your best argument, that's a sad, sad, thing.

Jesus Christ, dude. It's not a matter of dispute, but a matter of fact. Men in the military when in war time or in peacetime have a higher tendency to rape women. I didn't say the facts were pretty and I surely didn't say I wanted to report on them, but they are the facts and they have been the facts since the beginning. People have to stop thinking modern times is the first time we allowed women in the military ranks and they really have to stop thinking they can solve this problem. Rape will always occur at a higher rate in the military than in society just like it has done in every instance throughout history when women were invited. There is no reason to shoot the massager, but to perhaps accept the fact that what you see around the world today is not new nor was it unexpected.

Jesus Christ, dude. It's not a matter of dispute, but a matter of fact. Men in the military when in war time or in peacetime have a higher tendency to rape women. I didn't say the facts were pretty and I surely didn't say I wanted to report on them, but they are the facts and they have been the facts since the beginning. People have to stop thinking modern times is the first time we allowed women in the military ranks and they really have to stop thinking they can solve this problem. Rape will always occur at a higher rate in the military than in society just like it has done in every instance throughout history when women were invited. There is no reason to shoot the massager, but to perhaps accept the fact that what you see around the world today is not new nor was it unexpected.

The point that I'm making (and that you're apparently missing) is that the unusual prevalence of rape in the military is not something that should be accepted as a valid reason to prevent women from joining the military, but rather a reason to deal with cultural aspects of the military that lead to rape. I think our military men can do better. Don't you?

The point that I'm making (and that you're apparently missing) is that the unusual prevalence of rape in the military is not something that should be accepted as a valid reason to prevent women from joining the military, but rather a reason to deal with cultural aspects of the military that lead to rape. I think our military men can do better. Don't you?

Facepalm..

No, I do not. You're just holding onto hope that you can do something that has never been done. I'm not foolish enough to play along with it.

Rape is already culturally unacceptable and still one in four women will get sexually assaulted in their lifetime and still rape is a higher occurrence in the military. Your plan can only do so much, and I believe it has already done as much as it will.

Last edited:
Google Capt. Kathleen Wilder.

Because of the ongoing spying by the NSA I decided to pull a fast one on Obama's NSA and Bing It.

Like I always worn people, never never use Wikipedia as a source. Wiki should only be used as a starting point for further research.

This is a old story regarding this Capt. Wilder.

>"Others know the full story but; Yeah, she wiggled in on a technicality and went through the officer's course.

Short story was she didn't pull her weight in the field portion of the old Phase III. "<

>"Before you freak on me this is from 1981!!!!

But has anyone worked with or know Capt. Kathleen Wilder? I would be interested to here a stroy or two.

I went through in 83. The stories I heard was it was a "joke" that went wrong.

I also heard she didn't make any of the ruck marches with the proper weight. It was more of a " guided tour" of the Q Course for her. We can thank her for getting one thing done, she closed the book on any other females attending the Q-Course.

She must have had some dirt on someone........."<

>" The one problem is I don't want to misremember a 10-year old conversation. As I recall - and this is subject to qualification since I learned this morning in a series of e-mails this morning with a partner that I couldn't remember a document my firm had created a few months ago when I was the one who had created it :rolleyes: - she was sleeping with one of the cadre, and I believe was found out on a ruck march or land nav exercise. The embarassment to the schoolhouse was considered worse than the embarassment to her and the particular cadre member, which may have led to her passing a certain exercise she didn't actually complete in a vertical manner.

Again, this is hearsay from a guy whose memory is failing. :(

Her not carrying the same weight is also something I recall as well, although I can't remember if that was less in the technical sense or the "real" sense. What I mean is, in a team exercise, if the book says everyone carries X equipment and a 35lb or 50lb ruck or whatever, she might have had that, but when it came to allocating all the extra team equipment, somehow, she never ended up with anything. So when it came to weighing rucks, there was technical compliance with the standards, but everyone else was forced to carry her weight. This I'm not as sure about, though; I may be conflating it with what happened in some of my schools like OCS, where most female OCs definitely didn't carry their weight. "<

>" I remember a 2LT Wilder wearing a maroon beret running around Bragg in '76-77? time-frame. Heard she was in the Group S-2 section.

In Sep79 I was a ROTC Cadet attending class 51-79 of Air Assault. I was the squad leader. Our squad had had several cadets and one CPT Kate Wilder. A whiny, self-centered, conniving, manipulative POS I have never before or since seen in my military career. We had to push her to do the minimum every hour of the day.

The course was not easy - but it is certainly not that hard.

I do not recall if she graduated, but looking at my copy of the orders, only 17 of us did. And she is not on them!

Later on, I read with dismay that she had "earned" a Green beret. Reading this thread has put things into perspective. Just wondering how her "libel" suits turned out? "<

Woman Is Termed Qualified For Green Beret Unit [Archive] - Professional Soldiers ®

Facepalm..

No, I do not.

Right. You go ahead and continue to insult our soldiers by expecting them to behave like animals. I'll continue to expect better of them. The next time you talk about the left bashing the military, remember this conversation, because you're the one who thinks so little of them as to accept rape as a common practice.

Right. You go ahead and continue to insult our soldiers by expecting them to behave like animals. I'll continue to expect better of them. The next time you talk about the left bashing the military, remember this conversation, because you're the one who thinks so little of them as to accept rape as a common practice.

Oh please, I'm not a conservative that has to protect the military. I will present any facts about the military I desire to present and in this case I believe it is necessary to protect women from foolishness like this.

Back
Top Bottom