• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Women: pick a side are you an adult or...

americanwoman said:
whats does a vegan eat besides veggies?

Well, right now I'm eating graham crackers and cinnamon rice milk...but I suppose you want more general stuff than that. :mrgreen:

For dinner tonight, I'm probably going to make seitan with brown rice and veggies, with a "chicken" vegatable sauce. Although I might make it "south of the border" and add some beans and chiles...haven't decided yet.

In general, I try to have one source of soy and one of beans a day. The soy's pretty easy if I get up early enough to have coffee, I just put soy milk in it.

I dunno, I'm a 22 year-old college student, I eat a lot of crap too. Today I had a veggie burger with fries. My favorite comfort food is mashed potatoes and gravy. When I live in Minneapolis, I went to a vegan pizza place a lot, but alas, Denver doesn't seem to be as interested as Minneapolis was.

Oh seitan, should probably explain what that is. It's also known as wheat meat. Basically, it's all the protein from flour, with almost none of the starch. My favorite vegan saying is: "Vegans worship seitan" :twisted:

americanwoman said:
Ok Kelzie I have to agree you should earn respect, but I have to ask would you go out with a man who didn't respect you until you earned it from him?

I wouldn't get serious with a guy that didn't respect me, because obviously something isn't working. But as to waiting to go out until he respected me, probably not. Although I would never be in a committed relationship with a guy that doesn't respect me. I view dating as a trial period. I certainly wouldn't expect their respect if they didn't know me.

Kelzie said:
Well, right now I'm eating graham crackers and cinnamon rice milk...but I suppose you want more general stuff than that. :mrgreen:

For dinner tonight, I'm probably going to make seitan with brown rice and veggies, with a "chicken" vegatable sauce. Although I might make it "south of the border" and add some beans and chiles...haven't decided yet.

In general, I try to have one source of soy and one of beans a day. The soy's pretty easy if I get up early enough to have coffee, I just put soy milk in it.

I dunno, I'm a 22 year-old college student, I eat a lot of crap too. Today I had a veggie burger with fries. My favorite comfort food is mashed potatoes and gravy. When I live in Minneapolis, I went to a vegan pizza place a lot, but alas, Denver doesn't seem to be as interested as Minneapolis was.

Oh seitan, should probably explain what that is. It's also known as wheat meat. Basically, it's all the protein from flour, with almost none of the starch. My favorite vegan saying is: "Vegans worship seitan" :twisted:

That intersting. I would love to not eat meat but it's so hard! I tried tofu once from a vegan friend and it was nasty. Yeah here in Omaha there is not much of a good choice other than meat. Whats up with that? Like we wouldn't want to eat healthy here or something.You have my respect there for being able to eat vegan--you go girl!

americanwoman said:
That intersting. I would love to not eat meat but it's so hard! I tried tofu once from a vegan friend and it was nasty. Yeah here in Omaha there is not much of a good choice other than meat. Whats up with that? Like we wouldn't want to eat healthy here or something.You have my respect there for being able to eat vegan--you go girl!

Was it just plain tofu? Cause that's gross. I like it if it's marinated, or in a sauce. But that's about it. You should try it again with some marinated tofu.

Thanks. I keep trying to tell people it's not that hard, but no one will believe me. :mrgreen:

Its not that eat lots of meat, but that one meal a day I do eat meat (I've been a veggie/fruit fan for a few years now. It keeps me thin), is that i enjoy it that much.

Its like crack, I keep coming back for more and more, its hard to control.

128shot said:
Its not that eat lots of meat, but that one meal a day I do eat meat (I've been a veggie/fruit fan for a few years now. It keeps me thin), is that i enjoy it that much.

Its like crack, I keep coming back for more and more, its hard to control.

And almost as bad for you...okay not almost, but still bad for you. :lol: Although, only one meal a day is pretty good. I'm not one of those crazy vegans who believes in all or nothing. If the best thing someone can do is give up beef and pork, then that's way better than nothing.

Its too bad no veggies I've had taste good with BBQ sauce

or this would be a much easier transition...

128shot said:
Its too bad no veggies I've had taste good with BBQ sauce

or this would be a much easier transition...

You should try some fake meat. Veggie burgers are kick ass. And Morning Star makes really good "chicken" wings that I used to eat until I noticed they had milk in it. And the best part? No wierd gristly things.

that cost alot of money in the long run for me.

Since all veggie burgers I'd have to have shipped to me.

128shot said:
that cost alot of money in the long run for me.

Since all veggie burgers I'd have to have shipped to me.

Why do you live in Antarctica? :lol:

Well, if are in a "I feel my state has a better climate than yours mood" yes, Minnesota is as close to antarctica as I get. :2razz:

Naw, i just don't live in a neighborhood that supplys this kind of food.

biggest city around me:fargo, which takes 45-1 hour to drive to and back..

128shot said:
Well, if are in a "I feel my state has a better climate than yours mood" yes, Minnesota is as close to antarctica as I get. :2razz:

Naw, i just don't live in a neighborhood that supplys this kind of food.

biggest city around me:fargo, which takes 45-1 hour to drive to and back..

Huh. Makes sense. Like I said, we can all do different things. I would be ostrecized from the vegan community because I don't pay attention to what I drink. Evidently, a lot of beer and wine companies use animal products to fine the alcohol. Just not a line I am willing to cross.

Hey kelzie lets get a cab again, :lol: . I promise to open the door for you, ;)

SKILMATIC said:
Hey kelzie lets get a cab again, :lol: . I promise to open the door for you, ;)

Oh god, it is way to late for me to think of something witty.

Umm...sure. As long as I can pay. :2razz:

That wasn't too bad. I've posted worse.

Oh god, it is way to late for me to think of something witty.

Umm...sure. As long as I can pay.

That wasn't too bad. I've posted worse.

Awwwweee now thats a keeper. When would you like to meet the parents? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom