• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Women: pick a side are you an adult or...

Kelzie,
I have a sister who was vegan and a monster liberal. I have the most fun talking to her and messing with her about ISSUES. You remind me a lot of her just from reading some of the things posted on this site. So don't take offense if I pick at you it is all in fun. You say you dont allow dead animals in your house. Well I am from the real south how about if we bring it in alive and then kill and clean it in the house. I guarantee a tasty meal.:lol:

fyrefighter said:
Kelzie,
I have a sister who was vegan and a monster liberal. I have the most fun talking to her and messing with her about ISSUES. You remind me a lot of her just from reading some of the things posted on this site. So don't take offense if I pick at you it is all in fun. You say you dont allow dead animals in your house. Well I am from the real south how about if we bring it in alive and then kill and clean it in the house. I guarantee a tasty meal.:lol:

No worries. If I had a problem being picked on I wouldn't be here. :mrgreen: Just make sure you can take it as well as dish it out...

From the south huh? You must have a dog. What if I killed your dog and served it to you? Bet I could make it real tasty too...

I draw the line at eating my friends.

You friends with all animals? What about seafood and reptiles we eat them all down here.

fyrefighter said:
You friends with all animals? What about seafood and reptiles we eat them all down here.

If I had any enemies, it would be someone that I want to hurt in someway. I have no desire to hurt any life form that feels pain, therefore since they are obviously not my enemy, I'd call them my friend. Maybe not a very close friend...:mrgreen:

I dont eat enemies either.

fyrefighter said:
I dont eat enemies either.

But you do want to hurt them in some way. So, if you willingly cause pain to animals when you don't need to, they must be your enemy. So your dog is your friend, and you wouldn't hurt it, but would you kick someone else's dog?

No I don't cause them pain needlessly, its just something they must endure briefly before I bring them home to dinner.:mrgreen:

fyrefighter said:
No I don't cause them pain needlessly, its just something they must endure briefly before I bring them home to dinner.:mrgreen:

I'd say it's pretty needless. I mean, you don't need to eat meat. You just like to.

I like women. Thats all I have to say. And because they have to give birth I will pay for as many meals and open all the doors as they want and be the bread maker before I have to go through that ordeal. I think its only chivilrous to do such things but it is honorable to our ladies. I think they at least deserve those very small gentle gestures that they so deserve for going through birth.

In related news, Hannibal made me hungry. :mrgreen:

In my relationship, I do my best to make things equal regarding finances (although a bit of extra from one side is understandable if the other is cash-strapped). This drives my boyfriend half-insane - he practically thinks its sacrelige for a woman to pay for an evening out. However, I feel uncomfortable with the whole idea of men paying for me, all the time and think little of women who whine and whinge about having to be paid for, all the time. Why not just start charging per hour while you're at it?

Likewise, I don't care what sort of job my future husband has, so long as he's got one.

As for doors... pah. Men open them for me, I open them for men, depending on who reaches it first. It's not about gender, it's about common manners.

vergiss said:
In related news, Hannibal made me hungry. :mrgreen:

In my relationship, I do my best to make things equal regarding finances (although a bit of extra from one side is understandable if the other is cash-strapped). This drives my boyfriend half-insane - he practically thinks its sacrelige for a woman to pay for an evening out. However, I feel uncomfortable with the whole idea of men paying for me, all the time and think little of women who whine and whinge about having to be paid for, all the time. Why not just start charging per hour while you're at it?

Likewise, I don't care what sort of job my future husband has, so long as he's got one.

As for doors... pah. Men open them for me, I open them for men, depending on who reaches it first. It's not about gender, it's about common manners.

I agree with that. If I had a higher paying job, I'd pay for more of the expenses. If my boyfriend did, I'd let him pick up the tab more if he wanted.

Kelzie said:
I agree with that. If I had a higher paying job, I'd pay for more of the expenses. If my boyfriend did, I'd let him pick up the tab more if he wanted.

Would you pick up the tab if he ordered steak?

americanwoman said:
Can't we be independent and still get the respect we deserve?

Why do we deserve respect?

Kelzie said:
Why do we deserve respect?

Because you're human - you deserve the same respect as a man.

Except that you, Kelzie, deserve a little extra for being so wonderful. ;)

Naughty Nurse said:
Because you're human - you deserve the same respect as a man.

Except that you, Kelzie, deserve a little extra for being so wonderful. ;)

Man, your logic is undebatable. :mrgreen:

Any fool can be a human though. I only respect those who act like one.

Kelzie said:
Man, your logic is undebatable. :mrgreen:

Any fool can be a human though. I only respect those who act like one.

Girlfriend, you get all the R-E-S-P-E-C-T I can offer.

americanwoman said:
For one we have to give birth

And this is deserving of respect because? It's a biological function. And not all women want to have kids. Are you saying they shouldn't be respected?

Kelzie said:
And this is deserving of respect because? It's a biological function. And not all women want to have kids. Are you saying they shouldn't be respected?

No I think all women should be respected, not only because we have to give birth, but because we are strong individuals who don't necessarily need a man but can pull our own weight in the world. Giving birth does demand some respect because I don't think a man could handle that or having a period.
Most women, not all, deserve respect because we are what some men fear-Strong individuals who won't take their ****

btw- not tryin to be rude or anything but what does a vegan eat?

americanwoman said:
No I think all women should be respected, not only because we have to give birth, but because we are strong individuals who don't necessarily need a man but can pull our own weight in the world. Giving birth does demand some respect because I don't think a man could handle that or having a period.
Most women, not all, deserve respect because we are what some men fear-Strong individuals who won't take their ****

btw- not tryin to be rude or anything but what does a vegan eat?

I think no human being should be respected just because they are. Respect is a very heavy word. Somebody has to earn my respect. Just being born with human DNA doesn't cut it. And if men were the ones to get pregnant, I don't think they'd have much of a choice of handling it or not. Just like us.

Vegans eat food. Why, what do you eat? :mrgreen:

Ok Kelzie I have to agree you should earn respect, but I have to ask would you go out with a man who didn't respect you until you earned it from him?

Back
Top Bottom