• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Women in Combat, Yeah or Nay?

Should women be in combat?...Pat Benatar or Gwen Stefani?

• Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • I'm Just A Girl

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
I must say that i don,t agree with women in combat at all it can put a hell of a lot more pressure on the male troops.
IE; if a female soldier got caught by the enemy and there ws a squad of her troop nearby they are going to go in after her more than they would after a male (any man worth his salt would) hence possibly blowing any cover that they had and maybe getting a full troop killed rather than just the one captured.

There is bound to be more emotions if women fought in combat alongside males.

FISHX said:
I must say that i don,t agree with women in combat at all it can put a hell of a lot more pressure on the male troops.
IE; if a female soldier got caught by the enemy and there ws a squad of her troop nearby they are going to go in after her more than they would after a male (any man worth his salt would) hence possibly blowing any cover that they had and maybe getting a full troop killed rather than just the one captured.

There is bound to be more emotions if women fought in combat alongside males.

Wrong. They wouldn't go after a female soldier if they wouldn't go after a male soldier. They wouldn't send more soldiers on a rescue mission for a female soldier than they would for a male soldier.

Each MOS has specific qualifications. If a female can meet those requirements, there's no reason why she can't do the job. Gender shouldn't even be an issue, 'cause honestly, for the most part at least, everyone else is just another troop.

I think i didn,t really word that very well what i was trying to say is that a group of male soldiers hear a woman scream they will dive straight in (not saying sent in) without thinking it is natural instinct whereas if it was a male they are more likely to think and suss the situation out first.

FISHX said:
I think i didn,t really word that very well what i was trying to say is that a group of male soldiers hear a woman scream they will dive straight in (not saying sent in) without thinking it is natural instinct whereas if it was a male they are more likely to think and suss the situation out first.

If a soldier hears another soldier screaming, regardless of gender, they are going to rush to help them. Ever hear the expression "brothers and sisters in arms"? It's kinda like a Three Musketeers things....all for one and one for all.

It is a natural HUMAN reaction.....if you hear someone yelling in distress or pain or whatnot, you're either going to run to help, or you're gonna run away like a little b**** to save your own hide. Gender doesn't know those boundaries.

Last edited:
FISHX said:

The military, its training programs, and those who have joined up should be given more credit than this.

Back
Top Bottom