• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women get college credit for not shaving their armpits

Jaaaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Female Arizona State University students can receive extra credit for defying social norms and refusing to shave for 10 weeks during the semester.
Women and Gender Studies Professor Breanne Fahs, encourages her female students to cease shaving their underarms and legs during the semester and document their experiences in a journal.

Women Get College Credit for Not Shaving Their Armpits | Right Wing News

Another example of why the majority of college students these days are complete idiots and ill equipped to contribute to society.

No, it was one woman in a stupid course that got extra credit for that because she framed it as a womens' issue in a feminist course.

Now I am not saying that this wasn't stupid. It is stupid. Not shaving your armpits is not stance on principle, it is a failure in personal hygiene. But regardless. The answer here is to revamp the way student loans are granted, not make them guaranteed by the state, then a lot of these courses will die off. Why? Because banks won't loan to students who undertake college courses that are economical failures and feminist studies, bible studies, liberal arts etc are failures.

EDIT: Ur link is garbage. That website is clearly biased and crap. Stop reading those sites. You're just begging to be lied to.

Again, I think the whole thing stinks but that's a failure of the educational system and this unholy union between state and banks that gives students easy loans for college courses. Cut those and you solve 1/3rd of the problem in higher education and you stop adding to the student loans bubble. Which because it's guaranteed by the state, it's basically adding to the national debt.

Last edited:
Female Arizona State University students can receive extra credit for defying social norms and refusing to shave for 10 weeks during the semester.
Women and Gender Studies Professor Breanne Fahs, encourages her female students to cease shaving their underarms and legs during the semester and document their experiences in a journal.

Another example of why the majority of college students these days are complete idiots and ill equipped to contribute to society.

that's a cool social experiment.

it is funny watching the anti-intellectual crowd lose their minds over stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

No, it was one woman in a stupid course that got extra credit for that because she framed it as a womens' issue in a feminist course.

Now I am not saying that this wasn't stupid. It is stupid. Not shaving your armpits is not stance on principle, it is a failure in personal hygiene.

So you shave your armpits?

I wonder if they could get extra credit for letting their landing strip get overgrown into a dense jungle, too?

Right Wing news: outraged over what should be viewed as rather silly and inconsequential. Generalizing from one absurd incident to paint the entire university system as being taken over by kooks. No wonder most people who identify as right wing never graduated from a university.

Wrong.

Most students are, like everyone else, pretty decent human beings.

But there are a few losers who aren't worth the powder that it would take to blow them to kingdom come.

well look at the practicality of such a suggestion. such women will have FAR MORE TIME to study

well look at the practicality of such a suggestion. such women will have FAR MORE TIME to study

Not necessarily. Armpit hair-braiding is a time-consumptive art. ;)

Not necessarily. Armpit hair-braiding is a time-consumptive art. ;)

not getting asked out on dates or getting laid saves lots of time though!

Wrong.

Most students are, like everyone else, pretty decent human beings.

But there are a few losers who aren't worth the powder that it would take to blow them to kingdom come.

Since liberals took over our educational system their products have come out of college less and less open-minded. In other words brainwashed. As the commercial for Geico says, 'This isn't how any of this was supposed to work'. Except for the liberal idiots. Schools were target number one for their bull****.

Since liberals took over our educational system their products have come out of college less and less open-minded. In other words brainwashed. As the commercial for Geico says, 'This isn't how any of this was supposed to work'. Except for the liberal idiots. Schools were target number one for their bull****.

I see you are not a product of higher education.

You must be a wheel chair bound hermit to dig out stories like this......dude ...you really really need a life! :(

Aaand this is why I never took women's studies.

It's dominated by people with way too much insecurity and things to prove, and rather trite showings of superficial rebelliousness and over-sensitive egos.

I've picked up and cast off things that are "socially expected" of women's self-care of my own choosing, and with no fanfare or apology. I don't need to have hairy pits to prove what an awesome feminist I am. I don't need to apologize or make up for shaving them either. These are silly, inconsequential things that are up to personal choice, and until we start treating them as such, we're going to be stuck at this junction where how a woman looks trumps everything.

Because that's all this is. Changing your look -- in an institutionally condoned "rebellion," no less -- is "sticking it to the man." Shoot me. :roll:

Get out in the real world, do whatever suits you, ignore people who want to pick you apart, and just be a confident and well-adjusted person. Well-adjusted people don't put that much stock in their armpit hair. Be a real rebel -- stop sinking your worth into superficiality.

You must be a wheel chair bound hermit to dig out stories like this......dude .
..you really really need a life! :(

I find it hard to believe that you don't see how having this vital information will improve your life.

I felt a lot better right after I read it and I'm thinking about growing a beard.

Yes.

I don't like to have a jungle down there.

Well that aint normal to say the least for a man :)

Plus this whole "shaving" of armpits, legs and so on is a relative new thing and has nothing what so ever to do with hygiene. In fact it has to do with selling razors, specifically Gillette, who started marketing their products for this specific purpose many decades ago. It started in around 1901 when Gillette invented ... well lets rather say patented the double edged saftey razor and put them in US army field kits. They then started to market the razors as a beauty product especially for women so that they could shave their legs and arm pits. This finally caught on in the rest of the world after WW2 and has been a gravy train for Gillette ever since.

But as I said.. there is absolutely nothing hygienic about it.

I see you are not a product of higher education.

Washington University - St. Louis, MO. which was a wonderful school years ago. Your crystal ball needs to go in the dishwasher. WashU...William Danforth, brother of Senator John Danforth, was Chancellor from 1973-1995...when that school too, began a nosedive into liberalism.

Washington University - St. Louis, MO. which was a wonderful school years ago. Your crystal ball needs to go in the dishwasher. WashU...William Danforth, brother of Senator John Danforth, was Chancellor from 1973-1995...when that school too, began a nosedive into liberalism.

In your studies, were you perhaps exposed to ways of identifying logical fallacies, such as for example, generalizations?

Or was that before the entire university system was taken over by liberals who don't shave their armpits?

Well that aint normal to say the least for a man :)

Plus this whole "shaving" of armpits, legs and so on is a relative new thing and has nothing what so ever to do with hygiene. In fact it has to do with selling razors, specifically Gillette, who started marketing their products for this specific purpose many decades ago. It started in around 1901 when Gillette invented ... well lets rather say patented the double edged saftey razor and put them in US army field kits. They then started to market the razors as a beauty product especially for women so that they could shave their legs and arm pits. This finally caught on in the rest of the world after WW2 and has been a gravy train for Gillette ever since.

But as I said.. there is absolutely nothing hygienic about it.

Brushing your teeth is a relatively new thing.

I had my legs waxed once at the request of my-then girlfriend. I won't be repeating that experience for a while.

Anyway, that's besides the point.
When I said hygiene I mean it as hygiene not the in medical sense but in the more cosmopolitan sense. Like being groomed and proper. It also makes one more attractive, as a man, to have certain body parts better groomed.
I don't do it often, I do it whenever I feel it's time. Usually a few times a year but the number has been increasing year to year as my life is becoming more full.

I wonder if they could get extra credit for letting their landing strip get overgrown into a dense jungle, too?

Landing the plane can be quite an adventure!

great school.

In your studies, were you perhaps exposed to ways of identifying logical fallacies, such as for example, generalizations?

Or was that before the entire university system was taken over by liberals who don't shave their armpits?

Definitely before liberals stopped shaving their armpits and the bikini lines. Wait a minute, I'm not sure liberal EVER shaved their private parts...nor their armpits.

I've ALWAYS been able to detect illogical fallacies and generalizations. ALWAYS. Especially liberal lies and liars.

Back
Top Bottom