• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women: Describe The Diff. U Feel About Yourselves Dressed To Kill vs. T-Shirt & Jeans

Re: Women: Describe The Diff. U Feel About Yourselves Dressed To Kill vs. T-Shirt & J

LOL - well look at the breakdown of his OP - he used 5 terms to describe 'dressing nice' - and all 5 have very different connotations. This post hacks into more of the male psyche rather than the female mind (everything's the same)

And then throw this in: my husband doesn't like it when I wear makeup (even if it's just a tiny, moderate amount to complete a business-outfit) . . . he doesn't like it when I wear dresses/skirts. He likes me in jeans and a t-shirt.

I occasionally like to dress up - a pretty dress, some heels - when we go out together . . . and he can't stand it. Go figure :roll: I end up with the one guy who doesn't like their woman to make an effort. Oh - but when he catches me at my worst wearing my scummy work clothes while building cabinets he thinks I'm being SEXY. LOL

Sounds like your hubby and I might be distantly related. :)

Re: Women: Describe The Diff. U Feel About Yourselves Dressed To Kill vs. T-Shirt & J

You're saying 'dolled up' - 'dressed for fancy occasion' - 'dressed to kill' - and 'dressed to the max' as if they're all the same thing.

None of these are the same thing to me - vastly different. I've dolled up, dressed for the fancy occasion, dressed for business, dressed sexy for a date - but I have never 'dressed to kill' and 'dressed to the max'

Most women do NOT 'dress to kill' and 'dress to the max' . . . very different realms of clothing/makeup are required for that.

Funny because when I first typed my other post, I wrote that I dress for work "drop-dead." :lol:

With apologies to all those who understand the difference between "celery" and "sage" and "fuschia" and "magenta," I think these subtle differences, which you have expressed so well, are going to be a struggle to understand.

Funny because when I first typed my other post, I wrote that I dress for work "drop-dead." :lol:

With apologies to all those who understand the difference between "celery" and "sage" and "fuschia" and "magenta," I think these subtle differences, which you have expressed so well, are going to be a struggle to understand.

LOL - you say 'dress for work' and I think of a classy woman in a well tailored suit:

Someone says 'dressed to kill' and I think Mrs. Smith at her 'real' job:

Dolled up is casual and fun - could be anything

Last edited:

My good friend told me last night she feels like two women when she goes all out to look her best. She goes to alot of events attended by some fairly wel off residents in this area. Typically she is a t-shirt / shorts person and very down to earth. I quizzed her on it and one thing stood out is she said women never tire of compliments on their looks. That struck me because she rarely "dolls up" and rarely wears any make up even going to work. I asked her if was ego and she said no, that is for men. I remember a couple women that truely believed they were a gift to the world but I always sensed a touch of bitterness in them when they were dressed to the max. I am not trying to figure the female mind but when an attractive women looks in the mirro without makeup she is still attractive yet she then will start the process of changing her naural beauty-I'm not sure I'll ever understand that.

I certainly don't feel like two different people; not sure what that's supposed to mean, but anyway I feel good when I wear nice clothes because I love them. Women like to wear things that are pretty. Being a man, you may not understand that since men tend to dress more for practicality purposes.

I don't get to "dress up" very often because I work at home, so I really enjoy it a lot. :)

Maybe I should clarify "dressed to the max and dressed to kill but I won't because the dumb asses here immediately take offense at anything that strikes and their little nerve center and dive immedialtely in to the "castrate all males" mode. I never intended the image of spike heels and black leather tampons you sickos. What does "dolled up" mean you dried up old hags? Does it infer stupidity? Describe what a man is wearing when he is dressed to kill......a tux with a Charles Manson hat?

Re: Women: Describff. U Feel About Yourselves Dressed To Kill vs. T-Shirt & Jeans

At home I'm an ultra-slob. I love old men's shirts with pockets, and my fave is hideous, an orange and brown plaid shirt I paid $5 for at Walmart going on ten years ago. Sadly, it has so many little holes now that I can't even wear it to the grocery store. It's great to be able to wipe your hands on your shirt and pants. :mrgreen:
At least you bought yours. I don't even know how many girls have stolen my shirts. :mad:

Maybe I should clarify "dressed to the max and dressed to kill but I won't because the dumb asses here immediately take offense at anything that strikes and their little nerve center and dive immedialtely in to the "castrate all males" mode. I never intended the image of spike heels and black leather tampons you sickos. What does "dolled up" mean you dried up old hags? Does it infer stupidity? Describe what a man is wearing when he is dressed to kill......a tux with a Charles Manson hat?

Wow - someone's having a bad morning.

Dolled up is cute - fun - for a casual date or any occasion in which you want to look nice without being a) dressed for the office b) dressed for a formal event like a galla.

I "doll" up all the time :shrug: I haven't lost any IQ points yet . . . but it'll happen, I'm sure - I'll put on my favorite pair of hot pink sandals and whooop - there it goes.

I really am interested in what the average guy thinks when they see these terms - and if you won't tell me I'll just go to my favorite sex-hub and ask the guys there - they're open to talk about anything related to hot women and sexy fashions. :lol:

In general: guys don't have to know because it does not matter to them - their girls either 'dress up' or 'they don't' - very simple. When you buy the shoes and pick out the outfits - it matters a lot. Especially when you're a working woman and need people to take you seriously in the office - or attend church functions, etc . . . savoir fair - a time and place for everything. These terms are specific for our sanity in life.

Last edited:

You're single, right?

Re: Women: Describff. U Feel About Yourselves Dressed To Kill vs. T-Shirt & Jeans

At least you bought yours. I don't even know how many girls have stolen my shirts. :mad:

Oh, I am a long-time thief, beginning with my grandfather's long-sleeved Oxfords with the shirttails. A few years ago I found an old snapshot of me wearing one with a mini-skirt, and he'd written on the back that he loved seeing me wear his shirt. All those years I felt a little guilty for nothing!

Oh, I am a long-time thief, beginning with my grandfather's long-sleeved Oxfords with the shirttails. A few years ago I found an old snapshot of me wearing one with a mini-skirt, and he'd written on the back that he loved seeing me wear his shirt. All those years I felt a little guilty for nothing!

Hehe.

Remember the 80's? Ties on girls were BIG. My sisters and I would borrow my Dad's ties all the time . . . He's get so pissed, it was funny. But those pencil-thin ties were perfect with a flared, plaid skirt and a white blouse.

Back
Top Bottom