• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women Aren't Allowed To Think Differently

Yes he said the things he said and she is trying to interrupt them to mean what she wants it to mean. She is projecting her own bias into what his words mean. That is exactly what she is criticizing others for.

I bet the impression that you think I'm defending what Trump said. I am not doing that. I am saying he didn't say what she claims he said.

If he has sexual fantasies about his daughter he has not said it. If he has touched women against without their consent he has not said that either.

Just like I agree that Streisand did not say all women trump voters.

People on both sides are filling in the blanks. Typically in a way that favors their personal bias. She challenged people for doing that and I challenged her back on the same grounds. Judging by her snark and ad hominems I dont think she liked being asked to live up to the same standard that she demanded of others

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

what part about just grabbing women by their ******s did you not understand? Are you saying he just grabs them after asking permission?

What she said was ambiguous. She may or may not of been talking about all women who voted for Trump. It's the kind of statement the liberal media would not a lot conservative say without a follow up question that demanded the conservative to quantify exactly who they were talking about. Plausible deniability from the media is only given to dems.

No, its not ambiguous and she definitely didn't make that claim about all of them because she literally used the word "a lot of women." She never said all Trump voting women don't think for themselves. She also never said that women should just all vote like an unthinking collective for liberals. The only ones trying to make this ambiguous are conservatives.

No, its not ambiguous and she definitely didn't make that claim about all of them because she literally used the word "a lot of women." She never said all Trump voting women don't think for themselves. She also never said that women should just all vote like an unthinking collective for liberals. The only ones trying to make this ambiguous are conservatives.
How do you know when she said a lot of women she was referring to the women who voted for trump? All women would indicate she was referring to the ones that voted for Hillary too. Her statement isn't clear. Its ambiguous. She might mean all women who voted for trump which is a lot of women, not all women.

I dont pretend to know what she meant. She needs to clarify who she was talking about but I won't hold my breath waiting for the media to challenge her statement. They won't do it. They enjoying having the ambiguity to dance around things as you and others are doing in this thread.

She very obviously meant that "a lot of women", meaning the ones who voted for Trump (not the ones who voted for Hillary), are nothing but mindless bots of their husbands. I would tend to guess that almost no woman is a mindless bot who is forced to vote for someone just because of their husband. Unless, of course Streisand meant that "a lot of women" who voted for Trump because of their religion are mindless bots. In that case, how dare she make such a claim. Shame on her for insulting other's religious beliefs. She would wholeheartedly defend a Muslim's religious beliefs.

How do you know when she said a lot of women she was referring to the women who voted for trump? All women would indicate she was referring to the ones that voted for Hillary too. Her statement isn't clear. Its ambiguous. She might mean all women who voted for trump which is a lot of women, not all women.

I dont pretend to know what she meant. She needs to clarify who she was talking about but I won't hold my breath waiting for the media to challenge her statement. They won't do it. They enjoying having the ambiguity to dance around things as you and others are doing in this thread.

For all we know she was referring to "a lot of women" who voted for Hillary did so because of their husbands. Yeah, right. Is that what these lefties actually want us to believe?

For all we know she was referring to "a lot of women" who voted for Hillary did so because of their husbands. Yeah, right. Is that what these lefties actually want us to believe?
Exactly right, I was even considering raising that same point. What she said could be taken that way. Given her history it's unlikely but If we dont inject our opinions and look at her words, they are ambiguous and could mean many different things.

Knowing her history it's likely she meant women who voted for trump. What's laughable is the people defending her are the same people who attack conservatives not for what they say but what they think they mean. They are constantly accusing the right of talking in code and blow some mythical whistle. They refuse to acknowledge any doubt about what was meant but are criticizing people who are putting bans words into a likely context.

I really cant decide if they are being dishonest or so blindly partisan they cant see past their tribalism. I suspect it's a combination of both. I'm guilty of it too but at least some of us make an effort not to be. That's more than I can say about many of them.

Exactly right, I was even considering raising that same point. What she said could be taken that way. Given her history it's unlikely but If we dont inject our opinions and look at her words, they are ambiguous and could mean many different things.

Knowing her history it's likely she meant women who voted for trump. What's laughable is the people defending her are the same people who attack conservatives not for what they say but what they think they mean. They are constantly accusing the right of talking in code and blow some mythical whistle. They refuse to acknowledge any doubt about what was meant but are criticizing people who are putting bans words into a likely context.

I really cant decide if they are being dishonest or so blindly partisan they cant see past their tribalism. I suspect it's a combination of both. I'm guilty of it too but at least some of us make an effort not to be. That's more than I can say about many of them.

I wish they would just be honest and move on. I mean, that is what many lefties elsewhere and here on DP have said all along, that "a lot of women" who voted for Trump are just mindless drones who can't think for themselves. So, it's rather obvious that when Streisand says this she is just mimicking what many of them believe and it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out who she was referring to. In fact, they say the same thing about men too. Oh yeah, I need to clarify that by saying men who voted for Trump. Republicans and conservatives can't possibly be voting because they believe in smaller government, less taxes, the second amendment, are pro-life, or because of any other policies of the right. They're all just a bunch of mindless drones who can't think for themselves. And, many of these same lefties believe that Trump is president because white supremacists voted for him. News flash, it wasn't white supremacists in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania who elected Trump president and this is where Trump won. Pretty much most of the other states made no difference.

Last edited:
I wish they would just be honest and move on. I mean, that is what many lefties elsewhere and here on DP have said all along, that "a lot of women" who voted for Trump are just mindless drones who can't think for themselves. So, it's rather obvious that when Streisand says this she is just mimicking what many of them believe and it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out who she was referring to. In fact, they say the same thing about men too. Oh yeah, I need to clarify that by saying men who voted for Trump. Republicans and conservatives can't possibly be voting because they believe in smaller government, less taxes, the second amendment, are pro-life, or because of any other policies of the right. They're all just a bunch of mindless drones who can't think for themselves. And, many of these same lefties believe that Trump is president because white supremacists voted for him. News flash, it wasn't white supremacists in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania who elected Trump president and this is where Trump won. Pretty much most of the other states made no difference.
I try to avoid the partisans. I try to stick with some very cool lefties here and very cool righties. I sidestep the rest (once in awhile I poke them for my own sadistic amusement)

I do try to bridge the 2 sides at times by showing even the most partisan of them that their is an alternative perspective that's rational but conflicts with their conclusions.

I try to avoid the partisans. I try to stick with some very cool lefties here and very cool righties. I sidestep the rest (once in awhile I poke them for my own sadistic amusement)

I do try to bridge the 2 sides at times by showing even the most partisan of them that their is an alternative perspective that's rational but conflicts with their conclusions.

I try to do that as well but you are much better at it than I am. I find myself all too often poking them for my own sadistic amusement and it makes me look far more right than I really am, mostly because the left is moving so far left it makes me look like I'm not moderate at all. Anyone who defends Trump in any way, shape, or form is branded an extremist. I do really enjoy posting with moderates here on DP but I can count them on one hand.

According to Barbara Streisand all women should think with one collective thought and not have differing opinions. Anyone who thinks differently than the collective must have been brainwashed by their husbands or be subservient to the them. Only one thought process is allowed.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...d-dont-believe-enough-thoughts-173815126.html

Do you have a link to her saying more? Because what she actually said and what your thread title says and what in your OP are not what she said at all.
"
“A lot of women vote the way their husbands vote; they don’t believe enough in their own thoughts.

her statement is actually 100% true . . the phrase subjective phrase "a lot" could be argued vs some/many but thats about it. But again its nothing close to your dishonest thread title and OP claim:lamo
Wow another lie of yours totally exposed and destroyed . . . if you can support your OP claim and thread title ill stand corrected but im guessing you cant

instant fail LMAO

Back
Top Bottom