• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women are most attractive at 31

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Personally I think this is a load of crap.

London (ANI): Women are at their attractive bets when they are 31-that's the precise age when, according to a survey, they are considered most beautiful.
The poll of 2,000 men and women, commissioned by the shopping channel QVC to celebrate its Beauty Month, found that females in their early thirties are seen as more attractive than younger girls as they are more confident and stylish.
The research concluded that beauty is as much about personality as appearance.
It was defined as being confident by 70 per cent, having good looks by 67 per cent and being stylish by 47 per cent.
Almost two thirds of women surveyed - 63 per cent - agreed that "with age, comes beauty".
The same number said that as they get older, they care less about what others think of the way they look.
And 51 per cent said as they age they shed their insecurities and feel prettier.
The survey also found that men now spend more on their looks than women-their monthly bill including gym and hairdressers is 119 pounds, compared to girls' 105 pounds.
"This research shows what many have always suspected - real beauty is about more than just good looks, but a combination of confidence, style and personality too," the Scotsman quoted Sue Leeson, marketing director of QVC, as saying.
"We know that treating yourself to something that makes you feel good, experimenting with hairstyles, and knowing the make-up to wear that makes you look your best will enhance your confidence and make you feel at your peak," she added.

Women are most attractive at 31 - IndiaVision News

Last edited:
I don't recall there being a countdown for the date that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson turned 31.

Well - woot! I'm 30 as of today.

Rock on good-looking-middle-aged-college-military-wife-with-many-offspring

Rock on.

Personally I think this is a load of crap.

London (ANI): Women are at their attractive bets when they are 31-that's the precise age when, according to a survey, they are considered most beautiful.
The poll of 2,000 men and women, commissioned by the shopping channel QVC to celebrate its Beauty Month, found that females in their early thirties are seen as more attractive than younger girls as they are more confident and stylish.
The research concluded that beauty is as much about personality as appearance.
It was defined as being confident by 70 per cent, having good looks by 67 per cent and being stylish by 47 per cent.
Almost two thirds of women surveyed - 63 per cent - agreed that "with age, comes beauty".
The same number said that as they get older, they care less about what others think of the way they look.
And 51 per cent said as they age they shed their insecurities and feel prettier.
The survey also found that men now spend more on their looks than women-their monthly bill including gym and hairdressers is 119 pounds, compared to girls' 105 pounds.
"This research shows what many have always suspected - real beauty is about more than just good looks, but a combination of confidence, style and personality too," the Scotsman quoted Sue Leeson, marketing director of QVC, as saying.
"We know that treating yourself to something that makes you feel good, experimenting with hairstyles, and knowing the make-up to wear that makes you look your best will enhance your confidence and make you feel at your peak," she added.

Women are most attractive at 31 - IndiaVision News

Probably not too far wrong.

Oh, young girls are pretty. There's certainly something to be said about a face and figure that have not yet suffered much wear and tear, care and worry.

But, (and this goes double for men, too), beneath that surface prettiness is usually an unattractive shallowness... a sense that their soul is only an inch deep. Granted that there are exceptions, but spend fifteen minutes holding conversation with many 20-somethings and you feel like you dipped your toes into a very shallow pool. Someone in their thirties is more likely to be "deep water" under the surface.

Younger women are sort of like parfait... nice for an appetizer or dessert, but for the main course you want red meat you can sink your teeth into, and for that you usually have to go over 30. :mrgreen:

Women are at their attractive bets when they are 31-that's the precise age when, according to a survey, they are considered most beautiful.

Nah.
I was most attractive at around 24-26.
I spent my teens pregnant, and it took me a few years to come back from that.
It's been slowly- very slooooowly- downhill since my mid-20s.
In the stripping world, a woman over 30 is over-the-hill.
Not that she still can't dance and make money, but she's past her prime and unlikely to be a top earner, no matter what she does or what she looks like.
Guys go there to see young girls.
Guys everywhere would rather see young girls.

Now, if you're talking about "attractive" in some sense other than or as well as physical, I'm with you: people in their 30s tend to be more compelling, intellectually speaking, than those in their teens and 20s.

Last edited:
Eh, I don't think so.
I think I am the peak of my attractiveness physically now.
It's just gonna go downhill from there.

Eh, I don't think so.
I think I am the peak of my attractiveness physically now.
It's just gonna go downhill from there.

You don't know that.
Nobody ever knows how they'll age, beforehand.
I was thinking I was at "the peak of my attractiveness" since I was fifteen years old, and that it was only going to go downhill from there. I was wrong, though.
When it actually starts to go downhill, you'll know.
You'll really know.
And you'll only know in retrospect what the "peak of your attractiveness" was.

You don't know that.
Nobody ever knows how they'll age, beforehand.
I was thinking I was at "the peak of my attractiveness" since I was fifteen years old, and that it was only going to go downhill from there. I was wrong, though.
When it actually starts to go downhill, you'll know.
You'll really know.
And you'll only know in retrospect what the "peak of your attractiveness" was.

Hey cupcake, post a photo! (and I want to mention you are one of those quality cupcakes! Not those cheapos)

Rock on.
Happy birthday, i thought i read some where women are at their most fertile and peak of hornyness in their 30's.cheer's

Happy birthday, i thought i read some where women are at their most fertile and peak of hornyness in their 30's.cheer's

*does a little dance*

Shimmy Shimmy ya shimmy yeah shimmy yo.

Well, they're definitely not at their most fertile, physiologically speaking.
It's well-established that female fertility peaks in the early-to-mid 20s, and declines thereafter (and really begins to decline at an accelerated rate after 35).

I have heard that a lot of women experience a higher sex drive in their 30s, but that has not been my personal experience, and- unlike fertility, hormone levels, and egg quality- is rather unquantifiable anyway.
I mean, studies are basically just taking women's word for it that they're hornier in their 30s, right? :shrug:
Maybe they just don't remember their teens and 20s all that well.

Well, they're definitely not at their most fertile, physiologically speaking.
It's well-established that female fertility peaks in the early-to-mid 20s, and declines thereafter (and really begins to decline at an accelerated rate after 35).

I have heard that a lot of women experience a higher sex drive in their 30s, but that has not been my personal experience, and- unlike fertility, hormone levels, and egg quality- is rather unquantifiable anyway.
I mean, studies are basically just taking women's word for it that they're hornier in their 30s, right? :shrug:
Maybe they just don't remember their teens and 20s all that well.

Recent study reports that women don’t have to worry about their fertility and child birth as it has been found that women fertility is higher only in their thirties. // women don’t have to worry about their age, as age is not found to be a constraint for conception of babies. Researchers have found from compiling various data that the fertility rate of women as well as man as increased considerably. The fertility rate of women in early 30’s was found to be 994 live births per 1000 women and was the highest compared to other age groups.

Fertility increased in Thirties ( Recent study reports that women don?t h...)
U.K. Study: Women in Thirties 'Most Fertile'
Women in their thirties continue to have the highest fertility rate, a population study has found.

U.K. Study: Women in Thirties 'Most Fertile' -- News -- FertilityAuthority.com

i guess the horneyness part is debateable though

Um... look at the very, very top of the page you linked to.
It says "advertisement".
It's an ad for something or other.
And it's a blatant falsehood.
There is no reputable medical authority that denies that fertility decreases in the 30s.
It is a well-established fact.

Total BS. Just look at Raquel Welch. She looks better now that she ever did:)

Isn't she pure beauty?

Rock on.
You're gonna have to show me proof of those outstanding gens, girl. Pic plz. :mrgreen:

Oh...and Happy Belated Birthday!

Rackel...oh...sorry...Raquel Welch IS beautiful...and still fine after all these years. If she wore that cavewoman loin cloth today she's still have men young and old buying her poster.

Last edited:
IMO, 31-year-old women look most attractive to 31-year-old men, 20-year-old women look most attractive to 20-year-old men, and 14-year-old-girls look most attractive to 14-year-old boys. It's all relative.

It could be that the survey ended up with 31 because that's the average age that appeals to the most age groups. 65-year-old-women probably don't look most attractive to 65-year-old men, but they've already matured past earlier age attractions.

Wait, what?

In another finding, 63% of women surveyed were over the age of 40.

IMO, 31-year-old women look most attractive to 31-year-old men

Yeah, you think that because you're not 31 yet. ;)
As a previous poster said, nobody was waiting for Brittney, Miley, or any other sexy teen celebrity to "turn 31".
And as I said, in strip clubs, there are all ages of customers, but only one age of dancers: young.
Over 30 is old in that business. Nobody prefers to see that crap.
No matter how old the customer is, he'd rather see a woman in her 20s, or better yet, late teens.
Didn't you see that movie The Wrestler? It actually gives a pretty accurate portrayal of what it means to age out of the business (the stripping business, anyway; not sure if their portrayal of the wrestling business was also accurate. It seemed plausible).
Although in fact Marisa Tomei was around 46 when she played that role, it seemed to me she was playing a slightly younger woman- late 30s, perhaps- who was still simply becoming too old to make money doing the only thing she knew how to do.

Last edited:
IMO, 31-year-old women look most attractive to 31-year-old men, 20-year-old women look most attractive to 20-year-old men, and 14-year-old-girls look most attractive to 14-year-old boys. It's all relative.

It could be that the survey ended up with 31 because that's the average age that appeals to the most age groups. 65-year-old-women probably don't look most attractive to 65-year-old men, but they've already matured past earlier age attractions.

I don't agree with this.

Before I met my wife, I was 16 and on the hunt for a woman in her 30's.
Maturity is very attractive.
Age hasn't been a big deal to me, hardly ever.

When I was 11, I wanted 'em 18.

When I'm 41, I'll want 'em 18.

When I'm 91, I'll want 'em 18.

J. Howard Marshall did it right.

Back
Top Bottom