• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women are most attractive at 31

I don't agree with this.

Before I met my wife, I was 16 and on the hunt for a woman in her 30's.
Maturity is very attractive.
Age hasn't been a big deal to me, hardly ever.

I'm the opposite.
I was always and only attracted to guys my own age.
I know that's kind of unusual for a girl; a lot of my friends, in their teens, were interested in guys in their 20s. College guys. It was a status symbol to have one.
I wasn't interested in that.
My first husband was my age; my second husband is also my age.

Possibly, if I ever have to look for a third husband, it won't matter quite as much anymore if he's a few years older or younger.
I think the thing was that a lot of what I had in common in the past with both of my husbands was cultural stuff- liking the same music, the same styles, etc.
Those things are important when you're a teenager, at least they were to me.
I didn't feel like an older guy would understand me or the things I was into.
Or he'd have outgrown it already.
I wanted to have fun with somebody my own age, not hang around with some jaded old fart who would make fun of everything I liked and who'd already done everything i wanted to do.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite.
I was always and only attracted to guys my own age.
I know that's kind of unusual for a girl; a lot of my friends, in their teens, were interested in guys in their 20s. College guys. It was a status symbol to have one.
I wasn't interested in that.
My first husband was my age; my second husband is also my age.

Possibly, if I ever have to look for a third husband, it won't matter quite as much anymore if he's a few years older or younger.
I think the thing was that a lot of what I had in common in the past with both of my husbands was cultural stuff- liking the same music, the same styles, etc.
Those things are important when you're a teenager, at least they were to me.
I didn't feel like an older guy would understand me or the things I was into.
Or he'd have outgrown it already.
I wanted to have fun with somebody my own age, not hang around with some jaded old fart who would make fun of everything I liked and who'd already done everything i wanted to do.

By that time I had already settled down for the most part and was looking for a long term mate.
The girls I dated were incredibly immature.
It was driving me crazy.

By that time I had already settled down for the most part and was looking for a long term mate.
The girls I dated were incredibly immature.
It was driving me crazy.

I was incredibly immature (and remained that way until my mid-20s, and am still kind of immature for my age, which is 35).
I was mostly into partying, and I wanted a guy who would do that with me (but not some old burn-out who'd already been partying for 20 years; nobody wants that, except other old burn-outs).

It's kind of sad for my kids, but also not: it's not like they were abused or anything.

I was incredibly immature (and remained that way until my mid-20s, and am still kind of immature for my age, which is 35).
I was mostly into partying, and I wanted a guy who would do that with me (but not some old burn-out who'd already been partying for 20 years; nobody wants that, except other old burn-outs).

It's kind of sad for my kids, but also not: it's not like they were abused or anything.

Partying became not fun after I got a real bad high once.
After that each time I toked up, it didn't feel right.

So I pretty much quit and watching my friends get blasted while I didn't, made it not fun anymore. :(

Partying became not fun after I got a real bad high once.
After that each time I toked up, it didn't feel right.

So I pretty much quit and watching my friends get blasted while I didn't, made it not fun anymore. :(

Yeah, I finally got done with it, too.
Just not as early as you did.

I'm not sure how hard you partied but I was usually an weekend runner with the occasional getting blasted on a school day.

Drank a lil bit, not much of a fan of alcohol though.

I was pretty much a career partier, from late adolescence to about age 27, at which point I quit everything all at once, and began the life I have now.

I act and feel younger than I am, because I missed out on my entire 20s while I was busy living la vida loca.
Before that, i kind of missed out on my teens, too, because i was busy having kids and doing other things besides the normal things that teenagers do, such as school.
So, for instance, i just learned to drive a car recently. And I only recently started keeping money in a bank account. Stuff like that.
I'm learning stuff in my 30s that most people learn in their teens or 20s.

That's why I say, I'm a little bit immature. :lol:

Last edited:
I was pretty much a career partier, from late adolescence to about age 27, at which point I quit everything all at once, and began the life I have now.

I act and feel younger than I am, because I missed out on my entire 20s while I was busy living la vida loca.
Before that, i kind of missed out on my teens, too, because i was busy having kids and doing other things besides the normal things that teenagers do, such as school.
So, for instance, i just learned to drive a car recently. And I only recently started keeping money in a bank account. Stuff like that.
I'm learning stuff in my 30s that most people learn in their teens or 20s.

That's why I say, I'm a little bit immature. :lol:

Well, you're not supposed to act a certain way really.
As long as you aren't hurting anyone, it's all good.

Well, you're not supposed to act a certain way really.
As long as you aren't hurting anyone, it's all good.

I agree. :thumbs:

I think, if anything, I mostly only hurt myself, without knowing it at the time.
But it's all good now.

Susan Sarandon, any age after 40.

Total BS. Just look at Raquel Welch. She looks better now that she ever did:)

So I'm almost there? 1 year, 2 months to go. Of course, I look younger, so how does that factor in? I get carded for R movies.

Yeah, you think that because you're not 31 yet. ;)
As a previous poster said, nobody was waiting for Brittney, Miley, or any other sexy teen celebrity to "turn 31".
And as I said, in strip clubs, there are all ages of customers, but only one age of dancers: young.
Over 30 is old in that business. Nobody prefers to see that crap.
No matter how old the customer is, he'd rather see a woman in her 20s, or better yet, late teens.
Didn't you see that movie The Wrestler? It actually gives a pretty accurate portrayal of what it means to age out of the business (the stripping business, anyway; not sure if their portrayal of the wrestling business was also accurate. It seemed plausible).
Although in fact Marisa Tomei was around 46 when she played that role, it seemed to me she was playing a slightly younger woman- late 30s, perhaps- who was still simply becoming too old to make money doing the only thing she knew how to do.

10, I hate to burst your bubble but the people that visit strip clubs are not the only folks on the planet and there are plenty of people out here that are looking for real beauty rather than some skank down to the strip club.

Just cause you worked in one does not mean the world has to revolve around strip clubs and yes people do want and do see people that are not "young", skinny or any other thing you have in your mind that equals attractive.

When I was 11, I wanted 'em 18.

When I'm 41, I'll want 'em 18.

When I'm 91, I'll want 'em 18.

J. Howard Marshall did it right.

You are gonna need lots and lots of luck with that as you have no skills nor charm. :)

No, just lots of money.

You are gonna need lots and lots of luck with that as you have no skills nor charm. :)

Well just that you have to say that is pretty sad. :(

Susan Sarandon, any age after 40.

Oh you are so right about Susan Sarandon. She has this sexual thing about her that I cannot even begin to describe. She just exudes (word? spelling?) that something. She is very hot.

10, I hate to burst your bubble but the people that visit strip clubs are not the only folks on the planet and there are plenty of people out here that are looking for real beauty rather than some skank down to the strip club.

Just cause you worked in one does not mean the world has to revolve around strip clubs and yes people do want and do see people that are not "young", skinny or any other thing you have in your mind that equals attractive.

The discussion is about sexual aesthetics, although it sort of veered off into a feel-good never-never land where men want to @#$% old ladies because of their great personalities.

Although I gave that the nod- and mentioned that I, too, find people in their 30s more intellectually compelling than teenagers- I do not believe that the vast majority of men (or women) find women in their 30s more aesthetically sexually appealing than women who are younger than that.

While you are free to disagree, your opinion is not very well-articulated and seems to be based on nothing in particular, so I will disregard it in favor of my extensive personal observations of and experience with the topic at hand.

Well just that you have to say that is pretty sad. :(

It's really best that I was distracted with my own stuff half the time they were growing up; they tend to find my full, undivided attention oppressive and smothering. I have anxiety disorder, after all, and they've always been the primary focus of it.
They had less structure and supervision growing up than many kids these days, but more than I did. More than most kids of my generation did.
I tend to think the amount of direction, structure, and supervision children and teens are subjected to these days is excessive; I wanted them to grow up to be independent and self-sufficient, and they are, for the most part.

I think how very comfortable she is in her own skin is the greatest part of it. She's actually self-assured, not arrogant, intelligent, well-spoken - and that's just the inside stuff. I also perceive her to be quite beautiful.

Oh you are so right about Susan Sarandon. She has this sexual thing about her that I cannot even begin to describe. She just exudes (word? spelling?) that something. She is very hot.

When I was 11, I wanted 'em 18.

When I'm 41, I'll want 'em 18.

When I'm 91, I'll want 'em 18.

Yeah, that's the thing though... when I was 11, I definitely did not like them 18. Even when I was 14, I would've taken a 14-year-old girl over an 18-year-old one in a heartbeat. Whereas now that I actually am 18 it's the opposite.

So maybe it's not relative for some people, but so far it definitely has been for me. Obviously there's a threshold... somewhere between 25 and 35 would be my guess. But that's why I'd guess that men past 50 or so would prefer 31-year-old women to younger ones; hence, the study.

Then again, maybe there's a distinction between "attractive" and "sexy". The study only attempted to measure the former.

And allegedly that comes down to men being most aroused by what they see. I prefer a man who is sensual on all levels, not just sight.

It's really best that I was distracted with my own stuff half the time they were growing up; they tend to find my full, undivided attention oppressive and smothering. I have anxiety disorder, after all, and they've always been the primary focus of it.
They had less structure and supervision growing up than many kids these days, but more than I did. More than most kids of my generation did.
I tend to think the amount of direction, structure, and supervision children and teens are subjected to these days is excessive; I wanted them to grow up to be independent and self-sufficient, and they are, for the most part.

Your own stuff? You mean partying? Did your kids see you drunk and high? I mean when people have kids are they not suppose to kinda put that partying stuff aside for the good of the kids? No kid wants to see mommy or daddy falling down drunk or hitting a crack pipe.

Your own stuff? You mean partying? Did your kids see you drunk and high? I mean when people have kids are they not suppose to kinda put that partying stuff aside for the good of the kids? No kid wants to see mommy or daddy falling down drunk or hitting a crack pipe.

I was a stripper for most of the time my kids were growing up, and I was sporadically a habitual drug user for all of that time, as well. Yes.
These are not new revelations. I've been quite open about them for all the years I've been a member of this forum.
Would you please attempt to remain on topic?
If you find my life more interesting than the topic at hand, you're free to start another thread.

Back
Top Bottom