• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women and Wearing Hats.....

Well, but in terms of whether it's silly for it to be in the sex and sexuality forum, of course it belongs here. He even asked guys if it added to a woman's sex appeal. You even admitted that it's why it's in this sub-forum. I understand that women might not be wearing it to be sexual, and obviously hats are not necessarily sexual, but it doesn't require a woman trying to be sexual for the hat to be sexual (to a guy that sees her).

I think it's because he can't think about women without relating it to something to do with sex. That's my opinion. If the woman was overweight or ugly, he wouldn't think of it as "sexual." I'll bet he doesn't think men wearing hats as "sexual" either.

Well, most men aren't big fans of make-up, but we wear it because WE think we look better with it. If I liked something and some guy said he didn't like it, that would certainly not stop me from wearing it, and if I didn't like something but some guy did, same situation, so I respectfully disagree.

I disagree. Many times, even though I often say I don't like makeup, I'll say my wife looks particularly nice and then she'll remind me she's wearing makeup. I'd imagine most guys don't like too much/obvious makeup.

I think it's because he can't think about women without relating it to something to do with sex. That's my opinion. If the woman was overweight or ugly, he wouldn't think of it as "sexual." I'll bet he doesn't think men wearing hats as "sexual" either.

Well, no, he probably doesn't think of hats on their own as sexual. But he's talking about a hat on a woman accenting certain features, just like a particular dress might add to their sex appeal. He even asked if it adds to a woman's sex appeal.

Well, no, he probably doesn't think of hats on their own as sexual. But he's talking about a hat on a woman accenting certain features, just like a particular dress might add to their sex appeal. He even asked if it adds to a woman's sex appeal.

He wouldn't be alone if he said they did. I think they do. Looks like lots of guys do.

Well, most men aren't big fans of make-up, but we wear it because WE think we look better with it. If I liked something and some guy said he didn't like it, that would certainly not stop me from wearing it, and if I didn't like something but some guy did, same situation, so I respectfully disagree.

Well, if I was dating someone, and they specifically said they didn't like something, I wouldn't wear it around them. Just as if they said they liked something I wore, I'd make a point of wearing it.

Now, if it's something I personally don't like, then it wouldn't matter, it would never get worn.

Well, if I was dating someone, and they specifically said they didn't like something, I wouldn't wear it around them. Just as if they said they liked something I wore, I'd make a point of wearing it.

Now, if it's something I personally don't like, then it wouldn't matter, it would never get worn.

I feel that way about both. If I really liked something and my boyfriend or husband said he didn't like it, I think I would still wear it. I'm sure HE would have plenty of items that I didn't like but he would still wear anyway. :lol:

Fine. YOU don't. If you don't want to participate in a thread about males finding hats attractive, I'd be more than happy to pour you a tall mug of GTFO.

The OP addresses women first and at greater length. Go back and read it.

I feel that way about both. If I really liked something and my boyfriend or husband said he didn't like it, I think I would still wear it. I'm sure HE would have plenty of items that I didn't like but he would still wear anyway. :lol:

It's those Hawaiian print shirts, isn't it? :wink:

I don't always dress for fashion. More like rarely. But when I do, knowing one is attractive to the opposite gender (or otherwise, as the case may be) is always an ego booster.

So all women have to respond? Good to know.

Say, can you give me a PM when anyone makes a thread asking for opinions from males, white people, spiritual/Christians, sports enthusiasts, libertarians, people who voted for Bush, downhill skiers, accountants, people who drive black cars, people who live in the southeast, college graduates, people that are allergic to peanuts...

Who cares what he thinks. He is inconsequential. I will continue to voice my opinions on this matter and any others when the desire strikes me. :shrug:

Rarely does one dress for fashion without thinking of being attractive to the opposite sex. Just my opinion.

Well GG.....that's because, you have what they call. Common Sense! ;)

Moderator's Warning:
Folks, a couple of you need to chill. It would be really silly to get infracted for something in a thread about HATS now wouldn't it....

Why is this in the sexuality section? How is this about sex? It's about style. :roll:

Still wondering why this thread is in the sex and sexuality section. Same with the women and tattoos thread. What do either of these things have to do with sex and sexuality?

It seems to do with a fetish, which is can play a role in sex.

It's those Hawaiian print shirts, isn't it? :wink:

I LOVE my 'ugly shirts' as the wife calls them! the one with the Corona beer bottles on them is my fav!

Out here in Oklahoma many females wear hats... mostly because skin cancer isn't the least bit attractive...

Moderator's Warning:
Folks, a couple of you need to chill. It would be really silly to get infracted for something in a thread about HATS now wouldn't it....

:lamo :lamo :lamo

DSCN0096%20-%20edit.jpg

Twenty or so years ago I remember reading an article that said that when women wear a hat, it draws attention to their face. I tend to agree.

Did a quick search.

>"...It is unlikely that the hat will ever die as an accessory as it offers far too much potential for drawing attention to the face. Fashion designers are aware of this and every so often exploit this fact in the hope that fashion followers will adopt the hat...."<
The Wearing of Hats Fashion History

>"Yes, they are in style and can complement most dress outfits. Hats will draw attention to the face and to your hair style and neck area. The more dramatic the hat, the more attention will be drawn to this area. However, if this is one of your best fashion areas, then by all means buy and wear large hats. These hats can take attention away from other problem areas you may not want people to focus on."<
Are wide hats in fashion for large sized women?

>"...One thing you should know about hats is that when you are shopping for a hat, you should pick a hat that matches the proportions of your face.
You will be wearing your hat quite closely to your face and so the hat will draw attention to the features of your face. If your face is small, you should wear a small hat. If your face is wide, your hat should have a wide brim.

A small hat on a wide face will make the face look wider; a big hat on a small face will drown the face...."<How To Wear A Hat : Best Bets : UpNorthLive.com

As a native Texan. I have seen some killer looking cowgirls in my day. So obviously, I like women in a Stetson or Bailey...and especially if they are 100% beaver... ;)

Well, you live in the right city. :D

This is true. Although I think the military prison might be more interesting than the big house residents.

Back
Top Bottom