• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women: Agree or Disagree?

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters

Harshaw

Filmmaker ● Lawyer ● Patriot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Exactly as the subject line says. This question is for straight women. It doesn't really work for anyone else.

tumblr_m723kiALMF1rvb37ho1_500.png

A Well-Tailored Suit Is To Women What Lingerie Is To Men.

Last edited:
Exactly as the subject line says. This question is for straight women. It doesn't really work for anyone else.

No, not for me. I don't trust things that exist solely for displaying power.

I don't have a problem with a man who wears a suit to work, of course. But I'd rather see him in his plain clothes if I'm just getting to know him.

A man in well-fitting clothes of any type is nice to look at. But the suit isn't inherently better than a fitted T-shirt, to my eye.

What we wear is a form of social signalling, and I will notice if he's trying to use the suit to sway me, as opposed to it simply being what he has on because he just clocked out or whatever.

And I don't trust that at all. It tells me that he thinks relationships are about power. No thank you.

But I don't have much of a problem with that in my life. I use my own signalling as well.

Yup..

No, not for me. I don't trust things that exist solely for displaying power.

I don't have a problem with a man who wears a suit to work, of course. But I'd rather see him in his plain clothes if I'm just getting to know him.

A man in well-fitting clothes of any type is nice to look at. But the suit isn't inherently better than a fitted T-shirt, to my eye.

What we wear is a form of social signalling, and I will notice if he's trying to use the suit to sway me, as opposed to it simply being what he has on because he just clocked out or whatever.

And I don't trust that at all. It tells me that he thinks relationships are about power. No thank you.

But I don't have much of a problem with that in my life. I use my own signalling as well.

I don't even own a suit and have had no problem with my dating or relationships. Was ZZ Top wrong? ;)

Disagree. Who made that poster? Men's Wearhouse?

Shoes are much more important anyway.

I do agree that a well-tailored suit is very sexy. I don't think it's just limited to suits, though. It's looking put together to me that's very attractive.

This isn't attractive because it's sloppy.

8b65506d0695c4f6f204e6f66674a0d0.jpg

This is attractive:

f2345c57c63750feae1d5b89c43143af.jpg

I don't wear suits too often but when I do my wife seems eager to tear it off me. Either the suit turns her on or she hates it that much. Either way it works out well for me. Keeping the suit. ;)

If she already knows you for some time and only ever sees you wearing casual, and then she sees you wearing a fine suit, then that makes an impact.
Otherwise not much of a difference in my experience.

To the poll: Disagree. I like suits, but I don't think it's on par for how much men seem to like lingerie. Although, for that matter, I don't think lingerie has universal appeal for men either. ;)

I can totally dig jeans and a t-shirt. Or jeans with a button down shirt. (501s being my favorite jeans.)

A nice pair of slacks and a sport shirt can be pretty mmmm too. LOL

Eh, suits are fine, professional but not sexy. Tight tee-shirt, low-slung jeans. Yum.

Back
Top Bottom