• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women Abuse Worldwide Is 33%!!

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
LONDON (AP) — About a third of women worldwide have been physically or
sexually assaulted by a former or current partner, according to the first major
review of violence against women.

In a series of papers released on Thursday by the World Health Organization
and others, experts estimated nearly 40 percent of women killed worldwide were
slain by an intimate partner and that being assaulted by a partner was the most
common kind of violence experienced by women.

"Violence against women is a global health problem of epidemic proportions,"
WHO Director-General Dr. Margaret Chan said in a statement.

1/3 of the world is Muslim so that sounds about right.

Actually no, most of it occurs in non-Muslim Asia or Developed countries, Eastern Europe had the lowest rates when I had to research this subject.

Really, it seams like every day some Muslim guy is splashing acid on his daughter's face for being a whore.

A guy has to watch his family honor you know.

1/3 of the world is Muslim so that sounds about right.

You would be surprised how any are sexually assaulted or raped in North America and Western Europe.

Educate us.

Nearly 5 million women in the United States are assaulted, raped, or murdered by their male sexual partner every year. There are multiple rapes in this country every minute.

Well when I was researching it 16% of women have been raped or rape was attempted in the U.S..

Nearly 5 million women in the United States are assaulted, raped, or murdered by their male sexual partner every year. There are multiple rapes in this country every minute.

So, which one of you is going to admit that you're wrong?

Well I can cite mine:
U.S. Bureau of Justice. "Rape Statistics." Statistic Brain RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 June 2013. <http://www.statisticbrain.com/rape-statistics/>.

The bottom is also interesting:
Countries With Highest Rape Rates Rate / 100,000
Lesotho 91.6
Trinidad and Tobago 58.4
Sweden 53.2
Korea 33.7
New Zealand 30.9
United States 28.6
Belgium 26.3
Zimbabwe 25.6
United Kingdom 23.2

Being a stickler, I see. They're both right. The numbers are wrong. I don't know about you, but I hate wrong numbers. Sometimes 5 million and 25 million are the same thing. It's just the numbers that are wrong.

Well I can cite mine:
U.S. Bureau of Justice. "Rape Statistics." Statistic Brain RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 June 2013. <http://www.statisticbrain.com/rape-statistics/>.

The bottom is also interesting:
Countries With Highest Rape Rates Rate / 100,000
Lesotho 91.6
Trinidad and Tobago 58.4
Sweden 53.2
Korea 33.7
New Zealand 30.9
United States 28.6
Belgium 26.3
Zimbabwe 25.6
United Kingdom 23.2

You cite your claim with conflicting evidence? Which one are you going to stick with?

You cite your claim with conflicting evidence? Which one are you going to stick with?

Well they are different statistics my earlier was an overall percentage that is women/100,000.

Last edited:
Intimate partner violence is pervasive in
U.S. society. Nearly 25 percent of surveyed
women and 7.6 percent of surveyed men
said they were raped and/or physically
assaulted by a current or former spouse,
cohabiting partner, or date at some time
in their lifetime; 1

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/181867.pdf

All of you seem to be forgetting how many women don't report due to fear of violence from their rapist, so the number is actually probably higher

Back
Top Bottom