• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman Who Sat on Toilet for Two Years Still 'Very Sick'

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Daily I read many newspapers. Sometime I come across some unusual reports which deserve broader coverage. Here is my latest find:

Woman Who Sat on Toilet for Two Years Still 'Very Sick' | Fox News

March 27, 2008

WICHITA, Kan. – A woman who may have spent nearly two years in a bathroom, sitting on the toilet so long that the seat adhered to sores on her body, remains hospitalized and in pain from medical procedures, family members said Wednesday.

Pam Babcock, 35, was found stuck to the toilet in late February after her boyfriend, Kory McFarren, 37, called authorities to say something was wrong with her. Police believe she sat on the toilet for about a month.

Pat Bollinger, the woman's aunt, said she calls daily to the hospital to ask how Babcock is doing and asks every day to talk to her. Babcock has agreed to talk to her only once for about 10 minutes, she said.

During that one call, Babcock spoke little and mostly listened as Bollinger recounted happy family memories — time spent swimming, camping and boating — from the year Babcock lived with them in Arizona when she was in fifth grade.

Babcock has not spoken about her bathroom ordeal, said Bollinger, the family spokeswoman.
"I didn't bring up anything," Bollinger said. "I just let her know how much I loved her and cared for her."

Babcock's relatives said that no family members have been allowed to see her at the hospital, that they know little of her medical condition and that she spends much of her time sleeping at the hospital's intensive care unit.

"Her wounds are still serious. ... She is not out of the woods by any means. She is a very sick girl," Bollinger said.

Via Christi hospital officials refused Wednesday to give an update on the woman's condition.

McFarren told authorities that Babcock feared leaving the bathroom and may not have left it in two years, although he said he was unsure how long she was in there. He said that he took her food and water daily.

He said that he repeatedly asked her to come out but that she usually replied "maybe tomorrow."

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," McFarren told The Associated Press this month. He could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

How did she have a boyfriend if she was sitting on a toilet for 2 years? I almost suspect some kind of abuse.

You know what - I was JUST thinking about her the other day. Not sure why.

Babcock's relatives said that no family members have been allowed to see her at the hospital, that they know little of her medical condition and that she spends much of her time sleeping at the hospital's intensive care unit.

Pat Bollinger, the woman's aunt, said she calls daily to the hospital to ask how Babcock is doing and asks every day to talk to her. Babcock has agreed to talk to her only once for about 10 minutes, she said.

I find it mildly grating that NOW the aunt is trying to be involved - it shocked me that a special needs adult was so abandoned and I'm no less bothered by it now.

I'm glad the hospital is keeping them away - they did not care, clearly.

I hope she recovers.

How did she have a boyfriend if she was sitting on a toilet for 2 years? I almost suspect some kind of abuse.
Yeah, something's not kosher here!

Daily I read many newspapers. Sometime I come across some unusual reports which deserve broader coverage. Here is my latest find:

March 27, 2008

Sure thing...

Sure thing...

I have been on line for about 25 years......... and being retired gave me lots of time to explore the net in areas of interest..........Wanna find something....I mat be able to point you in the right direction........... Here is a sample

I often use Google feature ‘Scholar’ and Public Data Explorer………There also are dozens of specialty search engines like:
*** Internet Archive
*** DirectSearch
Which can help one find a more detailed way of finding specialty search engines
Infomine is good… And if you want to maximize you search there are specialty engines:
Specialized Search Engines
and:
Specialty Search Engines
https://searchenginewatch.com/sew/news/2048856/other-specialty-search-engines
Want to search government files and information:
20 Specialty Search Engines and Web Databases for Public Administrators »
And for power search and tips:
20 Specialty Search Engines and Web Databases for Public Administrators »

And I have several more filed away in my Favorites list………….

How did she have a boyfriend who didn't call 911 after having her sit there for a month? I suspect some kind of stupidity.

Woman Who Sat on Toilet for Two Years Still 'Very Sick' | Fox News

March 27, 2008

WICHITA, Kan. – A woman who may have spent nearly two years in a bathroom, sitting on the toilet so long that the seat adhered to sores on her body, remains hospitalized and in pain from medical procedures, family members said Wednesday.

Pam Babcock, 35, was found stuck to the toilet in late February after her boyfriend, Kory McFarren, 37, called authorities to say something was wrong with her. Police believe she sat on the toilet for about a month.

During that one call, Babcock spoke little and mostly listened as Bollinger recounted happy family memories — time spent swimming, camping and boating — from the year Babcock lived with them in Arizona when she was in fifth grade.

Babcock has not spoken about her bathroom ordeal, said Bollinger, the family spokeswoman.
"I didn't bring up anything," Bollinger said. "I just let her know how much I loved her and cared for her."

"Her wounds are still serious. ... She is not out of the woods by any means. She is a very sick girl," Bollinger said.

Via Christi hospital officials refused Wednesday to give an update on the woman's condition.

McFarren told authorities that Babcock feared leaving the bathroom and may not have left it in two years, although he said he was unsure how long she was in there. He said that he took her food and water daily.

He said that he repeatedly asked her to come out but that she usually replied "maybe tomorrow."

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," McFarren told The Associated Press this month. He could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

That story stinks . :lamo

How did she have a boyfriend who didn't call 911 after having her sit there for a month? I suspect some kind of stupidity.

I think the boy friend was stuck on her............

Is she a bear?

I'll get my coat.

I read you name and giggled...........very creative I must say..........

BTW

The women who post here are so much in touch with the real world and with a sense of humor too.........

If men only bothered to listen.........

It's not like it's on the census form.

We really have no idea how many people are sitting in bathrooms, suffering...

Are people questioning the original case? Or just doubting the information given in this follow-up?

The follow up seems sensible.

The original case is extreme... but so was the story about the 400 lb woman who had to be cut away from her couch after she died because her body had bonded to it while she was alive - for years - and immobile. So was the story about the child who was abandoned in a crib while wearing his PJ's and his vomit had eaten away all his skin when sepsis eventually set in and ultimately killed him.

Crazy **** happens . . . and sadly it's often the mentally ill who are neglected and suffer.

I suppose it's been a while since the original case occurred, but it did make national news when it happened. Tragic.

Back
Top Bottom