• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman screams at camera

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Kimberly Guilfoyle, a top Trump campaign official and Donald Trump Jr’s girlfriend, has given a full-throated speech supporting the president at the opening of the Republican national convention. Guilfoyle was mocked by critics for her loud and enthusiastic speech, which was delivered to an empty room. She shouted a lot of her speech, prompting comparisons to a “North Korean propaganda lady” and a SoulCycle instructor.

What do you think of her speech?

Kimberly Guilfoyle, a top Trump campaign official and Donald Trump Jr’s girlfriend, has given a full-throated speech supporting the president at the opening of the Republican national convention. Guilfoyle was mocked by critics for her loud and enthusiastic speech, which was delivered to an empty room. She shouted a lot of her speech, prompting comparisons to a “North Korean propaganda lady” and a SoulCycle instructor.

I was not put off by her style which probably would have worked in a venue with a sympathetic audience (it did lack much of its emotional energy in the empty room though), but it was pretty devoid of content with its rather generic appeals to American nationalism.

Do you want low energy or enthusiasm?

I was not put off by her style which probably would have worked in a venue with a sympathetic audience (it did lack much of its emotional energy in the empty room though), but it was pretty devoid of content with its rather generic appeals to American nationalism.

I watched the DNC speeches and found them to be generic, full of platitudes, fear mongering, and chock full of 1/2 truths.

I expect the RNC to be much of the same.

I watched the DNC speeches and found them to be generic, full of platitudes, fear mongering, and chock full of 1/2 truths.

I expect the RNC to be much of the same.

Truth be told, I do as well.

Well this was more along the lines of the “Howard Dean 2004 Iowa caucuses” screaming and enthusiasm- desperation and fear coming through as excessive unbridled enthusiasm.

Did JFK have low energy as he managed to give some of the best political speeches in history without raising his voice?

Did JFK have low energy as he managed to give some of the best political speeches in history without raising his voice?

Or Obama who is extremely effective because he is so measured and rational

Weird how much she looks like Melania Trump- without the Eastern European accent. Even down to the hairstyle. Is that the new look now, kinda like the Jennifer Aniston look back in the 1990s?

Weird how much she looks like Melania Trump- without the Eastern European accent. Even down to the hairstyle. Is that the new look now, kinda like the Jennifer Aniston look back in the 1990s?

Wonder if she also has a cement rose garden now?

Sorry. Last night was movie night for me as will be the rest of the RNC. These people tell mostly lies.

The style was a really unfortunate one, born of a dumb person making a bad decision. She knew the hall would be empty, she knew that speech was written specifically for an audience. She’s the media pro in the group, she should have adjusted.

At least she didn’t cry like Dumb Jr.

you weren't there, were you? It's okay.
Jack Kennedy did not speak in whispered, hushed, or even normal tones.
He was no rip roarin' cheerleader;
he did raise his voice as he exhibited confidence and strength.
good atcha' ya' Peter

Apparently screaming the speech subliminally transmits the fear she wants to instil in her audience.

Well this was more along the lines of the “Howard Dean 2004 Iowa caucuses” screaming and enthusiasm- desperation and fear coming through as excessive unbridled enthusiasm.

I suppose the Debbie Downers at the DNC are better for America?

Decaf should be on her grocery list ...

It's fun to see a convention made up almost entirely of Trumps or people ****ing a Trump.

Nah, it's not a cult.

Back
Top Bottom