• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman sassed for wearing western clothing.

The irony here lies in the fact that, if one actually goes by the book, it has no place in Muslim society either. Even the demand for women to cover their head (hair) only found entry into religious stipulations to account for customs far predating Islam.

Niqabs find no mention in it at all either.

Yea....I'm aware of the historical development. It has gained traction by recent radical adherence and heavy influence by some of the more tyrannical regimes. Although for me, it is important that we show and share our discord as vociferously possible.

Yea....I'm aware of the historical development. It has gained traction by recent radical adherence and heavy influence by some of the more tyrannical regimes. Although for me, it is important that we show and share our discord as vociferously possible.
Oh, I don't want those types of apparel in my country either. And seeing how the religion does not prescribe them, their wearers are devoid of any justification like religious rights and thus equally devoid of any excuse.

I fully agree with that distinction. The Burka has NO place in Western society.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2006/oct/06/politics.uk

From an old article by Jack Straw, the ex Foreign secretary:

"It's really nice to meet you face-to-face, Mr Straw," said this pleasant lady, in a broad Lancashire accent. She had come to my constituency advice bureau with a problem. I smiled back. "The chance would be a fine thing," I thought to myself but did not say out loud. The lady was wearing the full veil. Her eyes were uncovered but the rest of her face was in cloth"

I too would find it uneasy speaking to someone I couldn't see

and there is ZERO need for it because it is cultural not religious and we must never condone nor support it

Back
Top Bottom