• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman sassed for wearing western clothing.

That's Stacey Dooley. She made the documentary the clip is edited from back in spring 2012. Why reshow it now?

Her latest work is about the Cologne sex assault incidents. It's called "The Blame Game"

Why reshow it? Because I had never seen it before until I ran across it at another website I frequent.

I don't care how old it is. It shows exactly what is going down and will continue to go down once they get a foothold and try to change us and install their sharia laws once they do have a foothold.

Why reshow it? Because I had never seen it before until I ran across it at another website I frequent.

I don't care how old it is. It shows exactly what is going down and will continue to go down once they get a foothold and try to change us and install their sharia laws once they do have a foothold.

Well except it was 4 years ago and England has hardly degenerated into sharia rule since has it.

All it really is is fear-mongering. It's like showing a video of a Westboro Baptist Church protest and using it as evidence that America will be taken over by them.

In the video, the young lady was very clear that it was her old neighborhood in her old town - I didn't hear anyone say it was happening to every woman in Europe, although I would hope you would feel that just one neighborhood in one town is enough to be concerned.
For some background, the demonstration shown that Dooley attended (the demonstrators would probably say "barged into") took place in October 2011. "Umbrage" was taken by the protesters at the alleged strip search of two Muslim women, one (allegedly) being strip searched in her home, the other (again allegedly) at the police station. None of this is confirmed, the police stating only that "the operation in Luton on September 13 was carried out strictly in accordance with UK law and the level of resources used was proportionate".

All of it "happening" in the scope of the wife or the Stockholm suicide bomber being arrested on suspicion of having helped in the preparation of the attack there.

Whole protest lasted around an hour, was done by some 80 people and not supported by the wider Muslim community in Luton.

One need also know that Luton has about 15 pct Muslims and came to questionable prominence when 7 years ago British soldiers returning from Iraq were boo-ed and jeered there on their home coming parade, again the wider Muslim community as incensed at the radicals as those were at the soldiers.

Tense as the atmosphere will tend to become, the place is by now an attractive rallying point for Britain First, the local Nazi organisation priding itself in "mosque invasions" and "Christian Patrols" and being about as helpful towards "defusing" as the KKK marching into Harlem from one side and the BP's marching from the other.

That's another side of the coin which Dooley has also covered in a separate sequel.

Not to pre-empt Manc Skipper but the question indeed arises of "why now?" And to what avail? Appearing on youtube over 3 years after the actual demonstration and nearly as long a time after first being aired on BBC? Not to mention the additional delay of almost two years before making its way into here.

As I asked in another thread of similar nature and aim, "is this news"?

Why, if this is supposed to demonstrate "current", not just for the hell of it have a re-run of the video (posted on DP some weeks ago as well) supposedly showing women being dragged into the Cologne subway to be raped?

Where that video had been circulating the net for years before New Years night 2015/2016 and did not show the Cologne subway at all?

What, if not to increase tensions or re-create them where they're subsiding, is the purpose of crap like this? How does the OP who has just come across this well known incident find the acumen to know what's in store for everybody when it took him/her this long to finally come across something that even the reporter has probably almost forgotten by now?

What does s/he know about Luton at all?

Well except it was 4 years ago and England has hardly degenerated into sharia rule since has it.

All it really is is fear-mongering. It's like showing a video of a Westboro Baptist Church protest and using it as evidence that America will be taken over by them.

No. It is really showing the then vs the now...which hasn't change for the better. Westboro members don't go around killing people. Nor raping children or women. The whole point of islam is to take over the world to be one religion. Theirs.
The vid showed the future. Came true, didn't it?

No. It is really showing the then vs the now...which hasn't change for the better. Westboro members don't go around killing people. Nor raping children or women. The whole point of islam is to take over the world to be one religion. Theirs.

Neither are these people. They're just protesting. Distastefully, yes.

You can excuse it if you like. Just like I will speak out against it. Agree to disagree, I guess.

but but but but .......it's on the net and we all just done seen it today. And and and and stutter splutter...............they wuz protesting against women running around in "skimpy". The whole Shariah ridden town I tellsya.

Youtube be true and wot doubts apologizing be.

;)

You can excuse it if you like. Just like I will speak out against it. Agree to disagree, I guess.

I'm not excusing it. I'm saying that holding it up as an example of what Muslims are like is an absolutely retarded thing to do, given that

a) the video covers a very small minority of people
b) who are no closer to their goal of instilling shariah law in the west then they were 5 years ago

You can irrationally fear Muslims if you like. Agree to disagree, I guess.

No. It is really showing the then vs the now...which hasn't change for the better.
Oh yeah? So, tell us, when were you last in Luton?

And how do you reconcile being as knowledgeable on past, present and future as you think, when it took you nigh on 5 years to come across a piece of "news":roll: this old.

Heck, with the speed with which you process information, everyone's crapped and buried it by the time you finally get it.

The met office's forecast is clairvoyance pure compared to this.

Wow. I guess I pushed some buttons, huh?

For some background, the demonstration shown that Dooley attended (the demonstrators would probably say "barged into") took place in October 2011. "Umbrage" was taken by the protesters at the alleged strip search of two Muslim women, one (allegedly) being strip searched in her home, the other (again allegedly) at the police station. None of this is confirmed, the police stating only that "the operation in Luton on September 13 was carried out strictly in accordance with UK law and the level of resources used was proportionate".

All of it "happening" in the scope of the wife or the Stockholm suicide bomber being arrested on suspicion of having helped in the preparation of the attack there.

Whole protest lasted around an hour, was done by some 80 people and not supported by the wider Muslim community in Luton.

One need also know that Luton has about 15 pct Muslims and came to questionable prominence when 7 years ago British soldiers returning from Iraq were boo-ed and jeered there on their home coming parade, again the wider Muslim community as incensed at the radicals as those were at the soldiers.

Tense as the atmosphere will tend to become, the place is by now an attractive rallying point for Britain First, the local Nazi organisation priding itself in "mosque invasions" and "Christian Patrols" and being about as helpful towards "defusing" as the KKK marching into Harlem from one side and the BP's marching from the other.

That's another side of the coin which Dooley has also covered in a separate sequel.

Not to pre-empt Manc Skipper but the question indeed arises of "why now?" And to what avail? Appearing on youtube over 3 years after the actual demonstration and nearly as long a time after first being aired on BBC? Not to mention the additional delay of almost two years before making its way into here.

Why, if this is supposed to demonstrate "current", not just for the hell of it have a re-run of the video (posted on DP some weeks ago as well) supposedly showing women being dragged into the Cologne subway to be raped?

Where that video had been circulating the net for years before New Years night 2015/2016 and did not show the Cologne subway at all?

What, if not to increase tensions or re-create them where they're subsiding, is the purpose of crap like this? How does the OP who has just come across this well known incident find the acumen to know what's in store for everybody when it took him/her this long to finally come across something that even the reporter has probably almost forgotten by now?

Thank you for the detailed background.

They believe a woman who doesn't cover herself from head to toe is asking to be sexually assaulted. Completely contrary to Western beliefs.

Just verbally sexually assaulted is just fine no?

They dont go around doing it because they know the law will punish them harshly and they will lose their compy lives. And the whole point of Christianity is also to convert everyone and take over the world... that is why Christianity has missionaries. Now in the old days, those missionaries had troops to help them.. but at least we Christians (for the most part) have moved away from that aspect.

Just verbally sexually assaulted is just fine no?

Are you aware of this video Pete? In order to receive the kind of attention they were looking for, the people who made this video walked around black neighborhoods in NYC.

They dont go around doing it because they know the law will punish them harshly and they will lose their compy lives. And the whole point of Christianity is also to convert everyone and take over the world... that is why Christianity has missionaries. Now in the old days, those missionaries had troops to help them.. but at least we Christians (for the most part) have moved away from that aspect.

Good thing I don't follow any organized religion.

For some background, the demonstration shown that Dooley attended (the demonstrators would probably say "barged into") took place in October 2011.

the question indeed arises of "why now?" And to what avail? Appearing on youtube over 3 years after the actual demonstration and nearly as long a time after first being aired on BBC? Not to mention the additional delay of almost two years before making its way into here.

You make it sound like these kind of wacko Muslim protests haven't occurred since 2011.

And what about the tasteless London Feb 2015 protest that over 3000 British Muslims took place in? One month had passed since 17 people died in the Charlie Hebdo attack, and 3000 Muslims showed up to protest drawing cartoons of Muhammad.

The words “Charlie and the abuse factory” and “learn some manners” were written on signs held by demonstrators. A number of speakers addressed the crowd while there were communal prayers before a delegation took a petition signed by more than 100,000 British Muslims to 10 Downing Street.

Although I'll give them credit, they've learned not to use signs such as "Police Go To Hell" and "Behead Those Who Insult the Prophet", such as were used at protests in the past.
------
As far as Luton goes, Muslims have been convicted of using Luton as an Isis recruiting center. In fact an entire family of 12 from Luton, upped and moved to Syria to join Isis. Good riddance, now if Britain could only get the other countless radical Islamists living in there country to do the same. And then those scary Britain First guys can stop scaring the pants off you.

Last edited:
This woman is told she is going to hell and is trying to seduce someone because she is wearing her usual attired as she walks along the street of her hometown in the midst of a protest by muslims chanting "UK police go to hell" and other such things.
Indefensible, but is it any worse than the abuse Muslim women get for their choice of clothing? Presumably the principle should work both ways.

There's a really simply but unpopular solution

it's ban the burka

not the hijab, but the burka

and

most free western muslim women AGREE

the burka is a symbol of oppression

period

I've seen this kind of stuff before in other videos.

Who do these guys think they are? The Muslim Morality Police?

I rather think they're like the Christians who have told me I was going the hell because I wasn't a Christian. I just laugh but when they told my four-year old daughter that her daddy was going to hell I got very irritated.

Yup. Hellfire and brimstone where scorpions crawl all over you and sting you but you don't die and you yell and scream in pain forever and ever and ever. That's what they told me when I was about 8. I refused to go to church after that. When I got older, I told them to kiss my hiney when they came knocking at the door telling me the same story if I did not come back to church.

They don't bring in the sheep. They scare them off. Their costumes aren't that great anyway.

wolf-sheeps-clothing.jpg

T

Meanwhile...look for about 200,000 to be arriving on our shores after this election. Get yer hijabs ready.

:shock: wheres that number coming from? Mind you this is the country where the expected immigration rates from Romania and Bulgaria exeed the population of both countries so we cant be too carefull:lol:

Last edited:
That's Stacey Dooley. She made the documentary the clip is edited from back in spring 2012. Why reshow it now?

Her latest work is about the Cologne sex assault incidents. It's called "The Blame Game"

I agree the video does get repeated a lot. That said, I have a friend who had the unfortunate experience of having to go to Luton, not that long ago; and he could only describe it as a complete ****hole!

There's a really simply but unpopular solution

it's ban the burka

not the hijab, but the burka

and

most free western muslim women AGREE

the burka is a symbol of oppression

period

I fully agree with that distinction. The Burka has NO place in Western society.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2006/oct/06/politics.uk

From an old article by Jack Straw, the ex Foreign secretary:

"It's really nice to meet you face-to-face, Mr Straw," said this pleasant lady, in a broad Lancashire accent. She had come to my constituency advice bureau with a problem. I smiled back. "The chance would be a fine thing," I thought to myself but did not say out loud. The lady was wearing the full veil. Her eyes were uncovered but the rest of her face was in cloth"

Last edited:
I fully agree with that distinction. The Burka has NO place in Western society................~
The irony here lies in the fact that, if one actually goes by the book, it has no place in Muslim society either. Even the demand for women to cover their head (hair) only found entry into religious stipulations to account for customs far predating Islam.

Niqabs find no mention in it at all either.

Back
Top Bottom