• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman rescued after falling in toilet trying to get phone

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A woman who accidentally dropped her cellphone into the hole of an outhouse in a national forest and fell in while trying to retrieve it had to be rescued by firefighters in Washington state.

Brinnon Fire Department Chief Tim Manly said the woman, who was at the top of Mount Walker in the Olympic National Forest northwest of Seattle, had been using her phone when it fell into the toilet on Tuesday, The Kitsap Sun reported.

Manly said she disassembled the toilet seat and used dog leashes to try and get the phone and eventually used the leashes to tie herself off as she reached for it. That effort failed and she fell into the toilet headfirst.

“They didn’t work very well and in she went
,” Manly said.
==================================================
People clutch their phones as if they were life preservers. In this case she needed one but no luck.

All in all, a pretty shitty story for all involved.

On the plus side, she'll now be more comfortable in DP's Middle East forum.

If she was stuck in there any longer they would have made a fundraising video for her, like this:

Never leave the punt for the pole.

A woman who accidentally dropped her cellphone into the hole of an outhouse in a national forest and fell in while trying to retrieve it had to be rescued by firefighters in Washington state.

Brinnon Fire Department Chief Tim Manly said the woman, who was at the top of Mount Walker in the Olympic National Forest northwest of Seattle, had been using her phone when it fell into the toilet on Tuesday, The Kitsap Sun reported.

Manly said she disassembled the toilet seat and used dog leashes to try and get the phone and eventually used the leashes to tie herself off as she reached for it. That effort failed and she fell into the toilet headfirst.

,” Manly said.
People clutch their phones as if they were life preservers. In this case she needed one but no luck.

She is a ****ing MacGyver

I'm gagging thinking what that must have been like.

I know those phones can be expensive, but damn...I would have let it go.

I can't think of anything (not living) that I would go into one of those for.

I can't think of anything (not living) that I would go into one of those for.
Hope the firemen just had to drop her a ladder.

Was her name Brittany? Cuz it sounds exactly like something my former college roommate would do. LOL!

What is down inside those park pit toilets is a giant cone shaped pile of human feces, toilet paper, and women's tampons well saturated with urine. It is not a place you ever want to end up in, but clearly to the galactically stupid like the women, she was willing to risk it over a damn phone. Same woman would have entered into pit full of crocodiles, or tiger exhibit at the zoo for a precious phone.

BTW, what kind of person sits on a crapper and plays with their phone? This is why I NEVER touch other people's phones. All those assholes who come up to you at a park, or at the beach asking you take a photo of them with their friends with their phone..... NO DAMN WAY will I oblige. I always tell them, "no problem, and do you have a camera?" And when they hold up their phone I say, "nope" and turn and walk away.

Was her name Brittany? Cuz it sounds exactly like something my former college roommate would do. LOL!
Can you imagine being the next visitor to that outhouse, suddenly a voice comes calling to you from the depths ... and I don't care what anyone thinks of me, the first thing I would have done is double over in helpless laughter.

Can you imagine being the next visitor to that outhouse, suddenly a voice comes calling to you from the depths ... and I don't care what anyone thinks of me, the first thing I would have done is double over in helpless laughter.
That made me laugh.

Hopefully they heard it before putting their bare butt down and letting it go. Hehe.

Hopefully they heard it before putting their bare butt down and letting it go. Hehe.
I've always been leery of a snake or spider crawling up and biting my hiney, but a human down there?

I've always been leery of a snake or spider crawling up and biting my hiney, but a human down there?

Haha. I needed that laugh today. :)

That effort failed and she fell, horrifyingly, into the vault, headfirst.

"They didn't work very well and in she went," Manly said.

The woman was alone and attempted to escape the vault for 10-15 minutes but wasn't able to get out, Manly said. Reunited with her phone, she was able to get a cell signal to call 911 and draw first responders to the scene. The Brinnon Fire Department and Quilcene Fire Rescue responded.

So, she's in an out-house at the top of a mountain!

Falls . . . headfirst into it!

And is lucky the phone still worked and she had signal . . .

,” Manly said.

Ewwww!!!

What kind of vaccination's would you need after going head first into a stinky/slimy pile of human poo? 💩💩

,” Manly said.

Is this a real story? Sounds like a load of crap.

What kind of vaccination's would you need after going head first into a stinky/slimy pile of human poo? 💩💩
She'll take them all except Covid. That one's evil.

Back
Top Bottom