• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman fatally shoots suspected ‘peeping Tom’ outside bedroom window

HOUSTON (KTRK) - Police are investigating after a suspected “peeping Tom” outside a Houston home was shot to death by a woman inside.

A woman in north Houston says she was frightened when she saw a strange man looking into her bedroom window around 11 p.m. Friday night.

Believing she was in danger, she got her rifle and opened fire in self-defense.

Police say the woman fired several shots through her wall, at least one of which apparently hit the suspect in the torso.

Investigators believe the man staggered a short distance then died at the scene.

Police say there’s been no decision yet as to whether any charges will be filed.

AR15, right through the wall of her house.

I don't know if that's enough cause to kill someone over though. She might go to jail. What do you think?

It could even be that the guy was her lover and she decided to murder him for some reason.

Hardly a capital offense but it is Texas so who knows.

Maybe, if she's black or Mexican, she will have to do some time.

It will be interesting to find out.

Wouldn't it be funny if she used this:

1631729598053.png

Varrmint:

a troublesome wild animal.
a troublesome and mischievous person

Hardly a capital offense but it is Texas so who knows.

Maybe, if she's black or Mexican, she will have to do some time.

It will be interesting to find out.
If the perp was a minority, we will never hear the end of it, so I think its safe to say he's white.

We do know that she used a rifle capable of penetrating an exterior wall and killed a human standing outside. That would suggest something bigger than a .22 LR. If she is blindly shooting through a wall and already killed one individual as a result, who is to say she could not have killed someone else other than her intended target?
I've put .22 LR through 2x4s a couple in fact. Actually 1¾x 3¾ fact remains I wouldn't care to stand behind them.

Nobody is going to use a rifle with a glorified .22 round
You exaggerate even when you don't have to. That's a 5.56 vs a .22 round. Glorified .22 round what a joke of a post.

22LR-556.jpg

You exaggerate even when you don't have to. That's a 5.56 vs a .22 round. Glorified .22 round what a joke of a post.

View attachment 67353992
If you are hunting a bear, one isn't going the do the job any better than the other.

You are going to use something in the range of a 7.62 instead of the 5.56.

1631735029302.jpeg

Last edited:
Another way to look at it...

1631735552332.jpeg

And the male-dominated thread turns completely phallic. :rolleyes:
Exactly. Post a picture of some ammunition and they get a hard on.
If you are hunting a bear, one isn't going the do the job any better than the other.
Glorified .22 round, You wrote it and it was stupid, and you got called out on it.

Most women would kill to protect their children and any woman on a jury would most likely find her not guilty if just for that alone.
She was home alone. There were no children involved, unless the victim she shot was one of her children. We still don't know the relationship between the shooter and the victim.

I've put .22 LR through 2x4s a couple in fact. Actually 1¾x 3¾ fact remains I wouldn't care to stand behind them.
You might be able to put a .22 LR through the narrow end of a 2x4 because, as you posted, it is only 1.75" thick. However, you would never be able to put a .22 LR through a 2x4 stud the long way, through 3.75" of soft pine. Which would be the angle she was shooting at the studs. Then you have another ~1.5" of multi-layered exterior wall, which in her case appears to be stucco. So that includes another 0.5" of plywood, at least two layers of "Grade D" building paper, a metal lath, plus another 0.75" of cement and plaster that make up the stucco.

Then there is the fact that the round not only penetrated the exterior wall, but also had enough energy to continue penetrating into the body far enough to make the wound fatal. That is never going to happen with a .22 LR.

Glorified .22 round, You wrote it and it was stupid, and you got called out on it.
That's essentially what the .223 round is, and your opinion doesn't change that fact.

From google maps:
View attachment 67353808

If you watch the video in the OP, you see the sign is still there.

I agree, I was wondering that aspect myself.

The only problem is, what if they are armed too and shoot first?

Well by that picture of her residence I think we can eliminate the perp was looking for valuables to steal.

23231.jpg

That's essentially what the .223 round is, and your opinion doesn't change that fact.
That is where you are mistaken. Just because they have similar calibers does not make them anywhere close to the same round. A .22 LR will have 135 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle, while a .223 cal. round will have 1,255 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. That means a .22 LR is 9.3 times less powerful than a .223 cal. A .22 LR is not likely to penetrate an exterior stucco wall and kill someone, where as it is possible for a .223 cal. to penetrate an exterior stucco wall and still have enough energy left over to kill someone.

That is where you are mistaken. Just because they have similar calibers does not make them anywhere close to the same round. A .22 LR will have 135 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle, while a .223 cal. round will have 1,255 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. That means a .22 LR is 9.3 times less powerful than a .223 cal. A .22 LR is not likely to penetrate an exterior stucco wall and kill someone, where as it is possible for a .223 cal. to penetrate an exterior stucco wall and still have enough energy left over to kill someone.
???

Wait...do you even know what I've been talking about? LOL!! It's not walls or stucco.

Hell, I'm not even talking about the lady killing someone.

Jesus...go back and read the thread and stop wasting my time.

You are dismissed.

Wait...do you even know what I've been talking about? LOL!! It's not walls or stucco.
He apparently read enough. What did he claim....
.223 cal. is 9.3 times more powerful than a 22 LR round? Glorified .22 LR indeed.

???

Hell, I'm not even talking about the lady killing someone.

Jesus...go back and read the thread and stop wasting my time.

You are dismissed.
It doesn't matter. You are still very wrong if you think .22 LR are anywhere close to being the same as a .223 cal. round.

My .44 Mag. revolver has 1,103 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle, but a .458 cal. which is a similar caliber has 5,670 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. Caliber means nothing.

The caliber of the round makes absolutely no difference when calculating ballistics. Only the mass of the round and the velocity at which it travels matters. A .223 cal. round will have a mass of 62 grains and travel at 3,020 FPS. Whereas a .22 LR will have a mass of 40 grains and travel at 1,470 FPS.

.223 cal. is 9.3 times more powerful than a 22 LR round? Glorified .22 LR indeed.
Doesn't matter.

That .223 will not take down a bear. (Unless you make an extremely lucky shot.) It'll only make it angry.

Doesn't matter.

That .223 will not take down a bear. (Unless you make an extremely lucky shot.) It'll only make it angry.
Nothing short of 2,000 foot pounds of energy on the target will take down a brown bear, and even then you had better be prepared to take a second shot. Bear guides in Alaska will add another $2,000 to their fee if you bring anything smaller than a 0.4 caliber rifle, because it means that they will be taking the second shot.

It is also illegal to use .22 LR on any big game in Alaska.

Nothing short of 2,000 foot pounds of energy on the target will take down a brown bear, and even then you had better be prepared to take a second shot. Bear guides in Alaska will add another $2,000 to their fee if you bring anything smaller than a 0.4 caliber rifle, because it means that they will be taking the second shot.

Which proves my point.

Every time he gets called out because he posted something stupid (which is virtually every post), he runs away by saying "you are dismissed". Every time.

I may disagree with virtually every post Glitch usually writes, but in this instance, his discussion of ballistics and caliber is spot on.

I have searched a few time and can't find any more info. I would think the identity of the dead peeping tom would be released by now.

Any thoughts?

Any new information?

When we went bear haunting in the Cascades, head shots to the temple only.

Anyone see any new information on this?

Back
Top Bottom