• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman brings horse into McDonalds

Spriggs05

Anarcho Facist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Are bicycle's allowed through Drive Thru's? :: McDonalds.co.uk

McDonalds UK drive-through policy states they can only serve people in motorised vehicles - it could be pedantic to suggest you don't drive IN a motorbike or scooter but I don't see a huge difference with someone on a horse and being able to control their vehicle / animal.

McDonalds said:
McDonald’s supports the health and environmental benefits of cycling, however it is our practice not to serve cyclists using the drive-thru lane or drive-thru service windows.
The drive-thru facility is designed for motor vehicles and, on balance, we are concerned that use by cyclists could compromise their safety through: • the necessarily close proximity with motor vehicles; • the limited visibility of cycles (particularly given the sharp corners of the drive thru lane); and • the difficulties of carrying food and drinks and retaining full control of a bicycle. In reaching this view we have consulted with our own Hygiene and Safety Department, the Highway Code, and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).

Anyhow, at least the woman was saved from having to eat a McD burger and she should think about better quality food in future.

I have had people refuse to allow me to ride through their drivethru on my bicycle. They say it is for safety reasons but I cant imagine how it is anymore unsafe than a car.
Are bicycle's allowed through Drive Thru's? :: McDonalds.co.uk

McDonalds UK drive-through policy states they can only serve people in motorised vehicles - it could be pedantic to suggest you don't drive IN a motorbike or scooter but I don't see a huge difference with someone on a horse and being able to control their vehicle / animal.

Anyhow, at least the woman was saved from having to eat a McD burger and she should think about better quality food in future.

I have had people refuse to allow me to ride through their drivethru on my bicycle. They say it is for safety reasons but I cant imagine how it is anymore unsafe than a car.

A fellow cyclist! I'm with you on your argument about safety.

I can't blame the horse. If someone forced me into a McDonald's I would probably **** as well.

My guess would be that they fear liability if someone in their car doesn't see you and runs you over.

They don't want the reminder of the association between horse and burger.

Rules are made to be broken. McDonald's!!! Serve someone at the drive-thru who comes up on horseback. WTF is the problem with that?

Now, as to the stupid idiot who brought her horse in? She should be charged with trespassing, public nuisance, disorderly conduct, animal cruelty and any other **** that sticks on the wall.

What a horrible thing to do with the horse. It could have had a fatal fall. Idiot.

This could have been funnier if it was a Burger King.

Back
Top Bottom