• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman assaults 12-year-old boy in Boulder over Trump yard sign, police say

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From the Denver Post:

Police said the boy was riding his bicycle with the Trump sign when a woman on a moped saw the sign and turned around to confront the boy.

Boulder police spokeswoman Shannon Aulabaugh said the suspect drove up to the boy and said something to the effect of “you want something to look at,” and used a closed fist to strike the boy in the back of the head and arms four to five times, and scratched him.

The boy told police the woman then tried take the sign before leaving the scene.

Woman assaults 12-year-old boy in Boulder over Trump yard sign, police say – The Denver Post

The boy wasn't seriously injured, and I suppose the woman was "mostly peaceful," but this is not okay.

Hopefully she will be caught and convicted, if the info we have is all true without any omissions or exaggerations. Violence against others is not okay.

And whats up with the comment regarding she was "mostly peaceful"? Did anyone make that claim in this specific case?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I don't like Trump but this is not okay. We need to direct our anger at the so-called leaders and institutions that have failed us not our fellow Americans and citizens (let alone a ****ing child, **** you regardless of who you are and what you believe in if you directly physically hurt a child out of anger, what the entire **** is wrong with this person)

Lefty intolerance is the biggest threat to society right now.

Hopefully she will be caught and convicted, if the info we have is all true without any omissions or exaggerations. Violence against others is not okay.

And whats up with the comment regarding she was "mostly peaceful"? Did anyone make that claim in this specific case?

It has to do with an awesome CNN headline.

519627.jpg

Lefty intolerance is the biggest threat to society right now.

Right wingers shooting up a synagogue strikes you as tolerant? Maybe you’re just sympathetic to that mindset. After all, that’s a “righty” so I get to assign that person’s behavior to all of you.

From the Denver Post:

Police said the boy was riding his bicycle with the Trump sign when a woman on a moped saw the sign and turned around to confront the boy.

Boulder police spokeswoman Shannon Aulabaugh said the suspect drove up to the boy and said something to the effect of “you want something to look at,” and used a closed fist to strike the boy in the back of the head and arms four to five times, and scratched him.

The boy told police the woman then tried take the sign before leaving the scene.

Woman assaults 12-year-old boy in Boulder over Trump yard sign, police say – The Denver Post

The boy wasn't seriously injured, and I suppose the woman was "mostly peaceful," but this is not okay.

Eww juicy, a politcal football to demonize the oppostion, you must be positively giddy with this juicy tidbit to pimp how bad the other guys are, huh? Neato!:roll:

From the Denver Post:

This kid deserves an apology from the nutcase that hit him (she needs jail for a few days), his parents (they need counseling) and Trump (he is the one that caused this deep division)

Eww juicy, a politcal football to demonize the oppostion, you must be positively giddy with this juicy tidbit to pimp how bad the other guys are, huh? Neato!:roll:

the story is likely a Russian plant... but here at debatepolitics we create a thread to advance this Russian influence.

What if there was a knife in the area? The kid could have been reaching for it. Thank god this hero of a woman stopped him.

This kid deserves an apology from the nutcase that hit him (she needs jail for a few days), his parents (they need counseling) and Trump (he is the one that caused this deep division)

It's like these stupid posters think "leftists" (anyone not an NRA member with Fox on less than 6 hours daily, and who doesn't get visibly agitated at the word "Democrat"), are all monsters who don't have any emotions. Of course the lady is a psycho and it's reprehensible behavior, but getting all superior and shouting for the rooftops "See, they are all crazy and evil cuz of my oppurtunistic politcal football" see, EVIL she represents them ALL!!!

And ignoring the elephant in the room, and all the while he's pumping the bellows, stoking the coals, and laughing, the Trump® elephant. :roll:

It's like these stupid posters think "leftists" (anyone not an NRA member with Fox on less than 6 hours daily, and who doesn't get visibly agitated at the word "Democrat"), are all monsters who don't have any emotions. Of course the lady is a psycho and it's reprehensible behavior, but getting all superior and shouting for the rooftops "See, they are all crazy and evil cuz of my oppurtunistic politcal football" see, EVIL she represents them ALL!!!

And ignoring the elephant in the room, and all the while he's pumping the bellows, stoking the coals, and laughing, the Trump® elephant. :roll:

we all know what we think of those that start threads like these... problem is, they don't look at themselves

What if there was a knife in the area? The kid could have been reaching for it. Thank god this hero of a woman stopped him.

There was a knife within a city block of him, clearly self defense! Plus he had soup cans. Deadly accurate with them too, he'd been training, she should have a front row seat the the debates, saving people from a hail of Campbells. These can kids are worse than....

From the Denver Post:

What's the problem? She was mostly peaceful. I mean, she could have beat him to death. I think she showed great restraint.

And has absolutely nothing to do with this story.

You are correct. I suspect it was a joke - sarcasm - a play on the fact that many of the violent acts performed recently have been performed by groups portrayed by the left as "peaceful protesters". As in, "Police responded against peaceful protesters with tear gas after being pelted with rocks and bottles," or "peaceful protesters set the car dealership on fire".

This woman obviously did not exercise her right to peaceful free speech. Shame on anyone who suggests she did.

What's the problem? She was mostly peaceful. I mean, she could have beat him to death. I think she showed great restraint.

Did that kid have a record of detention at school? This is very important.

From the Denver Post:

I see nothing about motive mentioned, so it is possible she was someone who was a Trump supporter. Maybe she was jealous of the kid and wanted the sign for her own yard? :shrug:

No, I'm not giddy, and I'm not trying to demonize the opposition. You're projecting. I don't think the way you do.

No, sir, Trump didn't cause this so-called "adult" woman to act out and assault a kid; this was her personal choice. She's the one who needs counseling to work on her poor impulse control and propensity for physical violence.

I can't imagine why you think the boy's parents needs counseling. I don't think you know anything about them except that they permit their child to hold his own opinions.

Exactly. No real harm done, right?

I see nothing about motive mentioned, so it is possible she was someone who was a Trump supporter. Maybe she was jealous of the kid and wanted the sign for her own yard? :shrug:

Her motive doesn't even matter. Whether this was the kid having a Trump sign or wearing a striped shirt or just riding his bike, she beat up on a 12-year old, and this is called "assault." I wonder what her mental issues are.

Her motive doesn't even matter. Whether this was the kid having a Trump sign or wearing a striped shirt or just riding his bike, she beat up on a 12-year old, and this is called "assault." I wonder what her mental issues are.

I agree. I just found it odd that most of the posts in here have assumed her motives were anti-Trump related. You and the article said nothing about motive, and the actions definitely sound very unhinged. Hopefully they find out who she is and get her the clinical help she needs.

She should probably hide for a year if this video goes too viral. Vigilantism is on the rise.

Back
Top Bottom