• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman assaults 12-year-old boy in Boulder over Trump yard sign, police say

I agree. I just found it odd that most of the posts in here have assumed her motives were anti-Trump related. You and the article said nothing about motive, and the actions definitely sound very unhinged. Hopefully they find out who she is and get her the clinical help she needs.

LOL what other reason to assault someone over a Trump sign if this crazy woman wasnt against Trump? Let's hear more of your gaslighting theories.

No, sir, Trump didn't cause this so-called "adult" woman to act out and assault a kid; this was her personal choice. She's the one who needs counseling to work on her poor impulse control and propensity for physical violence.

I can't imagine why you think the boy's parents needs counseling. I don't think you know anything about them except that they permit their child to hold his own opinions.

yeah, we have heard the rhetoric, Trump is not responsible for anything negative, all that is positive

the first president ever to take zero responsibility for his own actions, divisiveness in this case.

the world is not black and white, it is not just the kid's mom fault or just Trump's. All had an influence in this.

but

Thanks for the chirp.

Maybe he threw a plastic bag at her.

LOL what other reason to assault someone over a Trump sign if this crazy woman wasnt against Trump? Let's hear more of your gaslighting theories.

I already gave a possible reason: she was jealous and wanted to put the sign up in her own yard. I agree it is more likely she was anti-Trump, but trying to hypothesize about motive for someone who is clearly that mentally gone is a fool's errand. Whatever her motives were, she is not a representation of a rational member of either party.

Last edited:
From the Denver Post:

Police said the boy was riding his bicycle with the Trump sign when a woman on a moped saw the sign and turned around to confront the boy.

Boulder police spokeswoman Shannon Aulabaugh said the suspect drove up to the boy and said something to the effect of “you want something to look at,” and used a closed fist to strike the boy in the back of the head and arms four to five times, and scratched him.

The boy told police the woman then tried take the sign before leaving the scene.

Woman assaults 12-year-old boy in Boulder over Trump yard sign, police say – The Denver Post

The boy wasn't seriously injured, and I suppose the woman was "mostly peaceful," but this is not okay.

No video, witness description only?

I don't like Trump but this is not okay. We need to direct our anger at the so-called leaders and institutions that have failed us not our fellow Americans and citizens (let alone a ****ing child, **** you regardless of who you are and what you believe in if you directly physically hurt a child out of anger, what the entire **** is wrong with this person)

Word.

Meth? Who knows? Mental health issues for sure. No other explanation for me for such arrested-development and hostile behavior toward somebody else, especially a kid.

I agree. I just found it odd that most of the posts in here have assumed her motives were anti-Trump related. You and the article said nothing about motive, and the actions definitely sound very unhinged. Hopefully they find out who she is and get her the clinical help she needs.

I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder whether the motive was anti-Trump; this is one possibility. It's just that there are others, and whether a yard sign inspired her or something else, normal adults don't respond with physical violence to others, much less those more vulnerable.

we all know what we think of those that start threads like these... problem is, they don't look at themselves

Who is this "we" you claim to speak for? Other arrogant nincompoops? In an earlier post you said that a child's parents required "counselling" - do you mean some from self-important enemy of democracy such as you?

yeah, we have heard the rhetoric, Trump is not responsible for anything negative, all that is positive

the first president ever to take zero responsibility for his own actions, divisiveness in this case.

the world is not black and white, it is not just the kid's mom fault or just Trump's. All had an influence in this.

but

Thanks for the chirp.

Ah, trying to make this about Trump. This isn't about him; it's about a so-called adult who assaulted a kid with a Trump sign. Do you see everything through a Trump prism? Is he really occupying your thoughts to this extent?

Who is this "we" you claim to speak for? Other arrogant nincompoops? In an earlier post you said that a child's parents required "counselling" - do you mean some from self-important enemy of democracy such as you?

LOL, unhinged much?

Deplorables, you can't live with them, you can't get rid of them... it's a problem.

No video, witness description only?

If any neighbors have home security systems, no doubt the police will obtain them. And I hope the neighbors do because this woman has "issues."

If any neighbors have home security systems, no doubt the police will obtain them. And I hope the neighbors do because this woman has "issues."

I am saying that there is at best a 50/50 chance that the event occurred at all.

Ah, trying to make this about Trump. This isn't about him; it's about a so-called adult who assaulted a kid with a Trump sign. Do you see everything through a Trump prism? Is he really occupying your thoughts to this extent?

your God is culpable. This is fact to a reasoned mind.

Have a nice day, your closed mind will not learn, no point to going on.

peace.

Why do you say this?

Because it sounds like a fabricated story. It reeks of manufactured outrage.

I believe the police took the report in good faith, and the media reported what the police took down, but I have doubts that the event took place at all. If it turns out there was camera feed of it occurring, I will be happy to admit to being wrong.

your God is culpable. This is fact to a reasoned mind.

Have a nice day, your closed mind will not learn, no point to going on.

peace.

Oh, but I will go on. I don't know whether you are simply unaware of punctuation rules or were deliberately being blasphemous, but no man is my "god." Note the lower case please. And thank you for a splendid example of someone who flatters himself about his own open mind.

From a Boulder radio news source:

BOULDER, Colo. (KRDO) -- The Boulder Police Department says a 12-year-old boy was assaulted Monday for carrying a President Trump lawn sign.

Officers were dispatched to reports of an assault near the intersection of Folsom and Glenwood. Police say the boy was riding his bicycle while carrying the President Trump sign. The suspect, a woman in her 20s or 30s, was riding a moped when she drove past the victim and saw his sign.

The female suspect then made a U-turn and assaulted the child because of his political banner, according to police. The woman tried to take the child's banner but was unsuccessful. Boulder Police say woman assaulted 12-year-old for carrying Trump sign - KRDO

"Reports" plural is used here. Does this mean that there were witnesses?

Oh, but I will go on. I don't know whether you are simply unaware of punctuation rules or were deliberately being blasphemous, but no man is my "god." Note the lower case please. And thank you for a splendid example of someone who flatters himself about his own open mind.

you gotta admit, I am way smarter than you

and your TRump adulation does indeed echo the adulation extremists in religions practice

it's not healthy, it's not normal

it is very bad if one cares about the greater good

How do we know? Maybe he did something to her or said something to her. She could have took him staring at her as bad. It still wouldn't justify hitting him (assuming he is being truthful about the situation), but there are plenty of other reasons that she may have hit him beyond "he's a Trump supporter".

Just like with other issues where we get a single side of it, even from a child/teen, we dont know really how accurate or truthful it is.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder whether the motive was anti-Trump; this is one possibility. It's just that there are others, and whether a yard sign inspired her or something else, normal adults don't respond with physical violence to others, much less those more vulnerable.
A yard sign on his bike. Maybe she was simply grabbing for something there. We dont know. Just like when it comes to issues involving perceived racism, we really don't know. We need more info. We have one side only.

How do we know? Maybe he did something to her or said something to her. She could have took him staring at her as bad. It still wouldn't justify hitting him (assuming he is being truthful about the situation), but there are plenty of other reasons that she may have hit him beyond "he's a Trump supporter".

Just like with other issues where we get a single side of it, even from a child/teen, we dont know really how accurate or truthful it is.

I agree. The woman shouldn't have hit any kid, period....if that's what happened. Seems to me from this news clip that the kid was regularly riding up and down the streets in Boulder with this Trump sign, to me that would mean he was just trying to get negative reactions from those who had to watch him. Maybe more will be said about this. I find it queer that a 12 year old kid is that passionate that he rides his bike holding a Trump sign in different positions for onlookers. His father is likely a Trump nut who has been brainwashing him for a few years. I feel bad for the kid for that.

What if there was a knife in the area? The kid could have been reaching for it. Thank god this hero of a woman stopped him.

If the kid really was a Trump supporter where was his AR15?

Sucks for the kid, but do we know if he has ever smoked marijuana or gotten into fights at school?

That'll determine whether he is the victim here.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Back
Top Bottom