• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman allegedly raped, man stabbed in neck during Tinder date gone wrong

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A Tinder date went horribly wrong in a Manhattan apartment this week — when a man allegedly raped a woman who then stabbed him in the neck and kept his wallet.

Details of the violent encounter emerged Saturday, at the arraignment of accused attacker Milos Maglich, 29, of Hastings-on-Hudson, now charged with one count of committing a felony criminal sex act.

During their encounter at the woman’s place in Washington Heights, she had repeatedly refused Maglich’s demands for anal sex, said prosecutor Taylor Brisco.

“I will rape you,” the prosecutor alleged he then told her. “I know you want to be raped.
==========================================================================
And I was about to check out Tinder. But in NYC you can expect this type of encounter. Very dangerous. But at least she had the good sense to strike back & as a bonus kept his wallet.

A Tinder date went horribly wrong in a Manhattan apartment this week — when a man allegedly raped a woman who then stabbed him in the neck and kept his wallet.

Details of the violent encounter emerged Saturday, at the arraignment of accused attacker Milos Maglich, 29, of Hastings-on-Hudson, now charged with one count of committing a felony criminal sex act.

During their encounter at the woman’s place in Washington Heights, she had repeatedly refused Maglich’s demands for anal sex, said prosecutor Taylor Brisco.

“I will rape you,” the prosecutor alleged he then told her. “I know you want to be raped.
==========================================================================
And I was about to check out Tinder. But in NYC you can expect this type of encounter. Very dangerous. But at least she had the good sense to strike back & as a bonus kept his wallet.

That can happen anywhere, not just in New York. Hope that asshole goes away for a long time.

That can happen anywhere, not just in New York. Hope that asshole goes away for a long time.

This hits close to home. I met my wife of 35 years through a local newspaper personal ad. We had our anniversary the other day (April Fool's Day) when we first met.

How she has managed to put up with my shenanigans over all these years is beyond me. I think she's going for sainthood.

Except we have no clue exactly what happened.

I think you can figure it out from the posted article. This is violent stuff: rape + stabbing. What's to figure out?

I think you can figure it out from the posted article. This is violent stuff: rape + stabbing. What's to figure out?
The article paints nothing more than a he said/she said encounter. Since he claims she stole his wallet and stabbed him (the article mentioned no injuries to her) for all we know it may have a prostitution situation that went bad.

The article paints nothing more than a he said/she said encounter. Since he claims she stole his wallet and stabbed him (the article mentioned no injuries to her) for all we know it may have a prostitution situation that went bad.

Who knows? But you still gotta believe that 'New York, New York, it's a wonderful town)' I lived for a year in Manhattan & that city is like magic. I'd gladly give my life for the chance to live that year over again. Especially how I would treat much differently the darling tease who'd come over, take off her clothes & let me play with her. The word that comes to mind is 'oral', both ways.

Who knows? But you still gotta believe that 'New York, New York, it's a wonderful town)' I lived for a year in Manhattan & that city is like magic. I'd gladly give my life for the chance to live that year over again. Especially how I would treat much differently the darling tease who'd come over, take off her clothes & let me play with her. The word that comes to mind is 'oral', both ways.
I never lived in Manhattan - worked and played there for 35 years - lived in Queens and now in Suffolk. Lots of crap ya gotta deal with but its a great city

Really? So why don’t you tell what in that article causes you to convict the guy.

Gaius attempts to deflect from his ignorance with a "Why won't you stop beating your wife?" kind of question.

it is a he said / she said incident and the fact that he left his wallet sounds really strange....

Gaius attempts to deflect from his ignorance with a "Why won't you stop beating your wife?" kind of question.
Absolute and complete nonsense. There is no deflection on my part.

I read the article and there is nothing in it to make me prefer her story over his - I have no clue what actually happened. You seem to have been able to uncover the truth from a couple of paragraphs and I’m really interested to understand how you did it.

Absolute and complete nonsense. There is no deflection on my part.

You obviously feel that you know more than the accuser herself. What arrogance. Nothing of value. (n)

You obviously feel that you know more than the accuser herself. What arrogance. Nothing of value. (n)
Okay so you reflexively believe the accuser. Actually provinf what is claimed doesn’t matter.
Understood.

What ignorance is he deflecting from?

It only seems open and shut if you accept everything the alleged victim says at face value, including the fact that she is the alleged victim. Hear the defense tell it and
“My client categorically denies the allegation,” his public defender, Jonathan Cobb, told The Post. “The complainant has stabbed my client and stole his belongings,” the lawyer said of Maglich’s wallet, which remained in the woman’s apartment. Maglich had filed a criminal complaint against the woman, alleging she stabbed and robbed him; those were dismissed “after she made those allegations,” the lawyer said. Asked about the Tinder date by a reporter as he left court with his parents Saturday afternoon, Maglich would only say, “Yeah, I got stabbed in the neck.”

It's the NYPost, so that's all we get. 🤷

I'd say we're all ignorant.

Okay so you reflexively believe the accuser. Understood.

Okay so you reflexively doubt the accuser. You and your rape apologism are understood. (n)

What ignorance is he deflecting from?

It only seems open and shut if you accept everything the alleged victim says at face value, including the fact that she is the alleged victim. Hear the defense tell it and
“My client categorically denies the allegation,” his public defender, Jonathan Cobb, told The Post. “The complainant has stabbed my client and stole his belongings,” the lawyer said of Maglich’s wallet, which remained in the woman’s apartment. Maglich had filed a criminal complaint against the woman, alleging she stabbed and robbed him; those were dismissed “after she made those allegations,” the lawyer said. Asked about the Tinder date by a reporter as he left court with his parents Saturday afternoon, Maglich would only say, “Yeah, I got stabbed in the neck.”

It's the NYPost, so that's all we get. 🤷

I'd say we're all ignorant.

Gaius is making the classic rape apologism mistake: Deliberately conflate believing the accuser with the burden of proof required to convict the accused.

They should know that these are two very different thresholds but like to pretend that they are one and the same.

Okay so you reflexively doubt the accuser. You and your rape apologism are understood. (n)
Horseshit.
There isn’t nearly enough information to form a conclusion. It’s called “keeping an open mind”.

Gaius is making the classic rape apologism mistake: Deliberately conflate believing the accuser with the burden of proof required to convict the accused.

They should know that these are two very different thresholds but like to pretend that they are one and the same.
I have no reason to believe or disbelieve the accuser at this point.

You on the other hand make the mistake of believing the accuser simply because she is the accuser

I edited stuff as a response was incoming. So, first. The edited-out:

To which he could reply "you obviously feel you know more than the accused himself. What arrogance. Nothing of value. (n)"

I'm not sure which would be more dangerous, automatically believing every accuser in full or automatically believing every accused in full.

Did you automatically believe that Biden digitally raped a woman in a busy daytime congressional hall? Or did you hear enough about it and her, then think "mmmm...seems a little iffy"?

I don't understand what this means in relation to the dispute, since he never tied it to the proof beyond a reasonable doubt standard. He's pointing out that there are good reasons not to fully accept the accuser's story and fully reject the defendant's.

It's not like the lack of a trial happening right now means it makes any more or less sense to accept a given version of events.

I have no reason to believe or disbelieve the accuser at this point.

You on the other hand make the mistake of believing the accuser simply because she is the accuser

More horseshit from someone who deliberately refuses to understand the difference between believing an accuser and the burden of proof required to convict the accused.

But feel free to keep spewing. Maybe you'll make an intelligent point if you talk long enough.

I edited stuff as a response was incoming. So, first. The edited-out:

To which he could reply "you obviously feel you know more than the accused himself. What arrogance. Nothing of value. (n)"

I'm not sure which would be more dangerous, automatically believing every accuser in full or automatically believing every accused in full.

Don't fall for the "Believe one woman = believe all women" trap. That's right-wing bait. You're better than that.

More horseshit from someone who deliberately refuses to understand the difference between believing an accuser and the burden of proof required to convict the accused.

But feel free to keep spewing. Maybe you'll make an intelligent point if you talk long enough.
I understand the difference and said nothing about burdennof proof. I said i have no reason to believe or disbelieve her based on the information in the article.

You wish to believe her simply because she claims to be a victim. That’s your prerogative. But outside the arena of potential sexual assault most people would view that position as unthinking.

Back
Top Bottom