• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wolf Blitzer

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Do you ever watch Situation Room?

If you do, have you noticed the banal nature of Wolf Blitzer's, the program's anchorman, "insights," asides and observations? Blitzer, as a news anchor, does good job as a news anchor and public figure interviewer, but when it comes to delivering trenchant analysis and observations of his own, particularly when he's moderating a panel discussion, he so rarely delivers any that I've taken to calling him "CNN's anchorman for idiots."

To see what I mean, watch PBS Newshour and note the nature of Judy Woodruff's inquiries and remarks.

Having written the above, and to be fair, it may be, and I don't know if it is, that Situation Room isn't intended to deliver thought provoking news analysis, of if it is, that Wolf isn't the person expected to deliver it.

Do think Blitzer a nitwit? No, not at all. I just find many of his remarks delivered from his anchor's chair trivial and worthy only of "Captain Obvious."

I remember when Wolf and Bernard Shaw were broadcasting from the hotel roof in Baghdad in 1991. I think Peter Arnett was also involved.

That being remembered, Wolf is unwatchable........

There is some kind of story behind all this. Daily Show use to ridicule Wolf relentless for his poor delivery.
My wife can't stand him. He apparently stops at odd places in his delivery, like he's catching his breath, and the halting speech is annoying. Once you hear it, it's hard to go back to not being annoyed in my experience.

On top of that, yes, he seems to not really have deep insights into things.

I wonder if it's through connections that he got that job, or he's a pitbull in the office and bullied himself into...there has to be something behind it. That said, if he's just medically like that, I feel bad for saying all that..it's not obvious though.

If you do, have you noticed the banal nature of Wolf Blitzer's, the program's anchorman, "insights," asides and observations? Blitzer, as a news anchor, does good job as a news anchor and public figure interviewer, but when it comes to delivering trenchant analysis and observations of his own, particularly when he's moderating a panel discussion, he so rarely delivers any that I've taken to calling him "CNN's anchorman for idiots."

To see what I mean, watch PBS Newshour and note the nature of Judy Woodruff's inquiries and remarks.

Having written the above, and to be fair, it may be, and I don't know if it is, that Situation Room isn't intended to deliver thought provoking news analysis, of if it is, that Wolf isn't the person expected to deliver it.

Do think Blitzer a nitwit? No, not at all. I just find many of his remarks delivered from his anchor's chair trivial and worthy only of "Captain Obvious."

That guy needed to retire ten years ago.
Chuck Todd, same thing. Both are masters of the softball. Both appear to have a permanent pucker from too much ass-kissing.

Remember he is on CNN not PBS. Someone talking to the CNN audience must put things in readers digest style so they can comprehend. Not dissimilar to Fox.

Remember he is on CNN not PBS. Someone talking to the CNN audience must put things in readers digest style so they can comprehend. Not dissimilar to Fox.

Based on the insipidity and cognitive indolence shown by some of the responses I've received from some DP members who are almost certainly are not CNN viewers, I don't think the nature of CNN's audience's composition/cognition has much to do with it, but it probably has something to do with it.

Last edited:
That guy needed to retire ten years ago.
Chuck Todd, same thing. Both are masters of the softball. Both appear to have a permanent pucker from too much ass-kissing.

Red:
Well, I have to agree that Wolf is the sort of news anchor an automaton could easily replace.

Back
Top Bottom