• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wolf Blitzer interviews President Filipe Calderon

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This past Wednesday 5/19/10 Filipe Calderon was interviewed by Wolf Blister. Wolf asked some tough questions including

Blitzer: So if people want to come in from Guatamala, Honduras, El Salvador, or Nicaragua they just want to come into Mexico they can just walk in?

Calderon No they need to fulfill a form, they need to establish there right name, we analyze if they not have a criminal presidence.

Blitzer Do Mexican Police go around asking people for papers of people they expect are illegal immigrants.

Calderon of course in the border we are asking the people "who are you"

Blister Yes at the border I understand, but once they are in

Calderon once they are inside the country what the Mexican police do is of course inforce the law. But Immigration is not a crime anymore in Mexico.

Blister So in other words if somebody sneeks in from Nicaragua or some other country in central America through the southern border of Mexico They wind up in Mexico they can go get a job, they can work

Calderon No no if somebody do that without permission we send back them.

Blitzer you find them and you send them back.

Calderon yeah

Here is the video from youtube of the interview the questions I covered above start at the 5 minute mark.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOn8RZZ5wuA&NR=1"]YouTube- CNN: Blitzer Tried His Best to Hide Mexico's Calderon Hypocrisy[/nomedia]

So what do you think?

Sounds like that is what we should be doing. If we find someone who is in the country without permission we should send them back. After all that is what Mexico does.

Anyway I like what Calderon is doing fighting the drug war in his country but his view on illegal immigration is hypocritical to say the least.

Last edited:
This past Wednesday 5/19/10 Filipe Calderon was interviewed by Wolf Blister. Wolf asked some tough questions including

Blitzer: So if people want to come in from Guatamala, Honduras, El Salvador, or Nicaragua they just want to come into Mexico they can just walk in?

Calderon No they need to fulfill a form, they need to establish there right name, we analyze if they not have a criminal presidence.

Blitzer Do Mexican Police go around asking people for papers of people they expect are illegal immigrants.

Calderon once they are inside the country what the Mexican police do is of course inforce the law. But Immigration is not a crime anymore in Mexico.

Blister So in other words if somebody sneeks in from Nicaragua or some other country in central America through the southern border of Mexico They wind up in Mexico they can go get a job, they can work

Calderon yeah

Here is the video from youtube of the interview the questions I covered above start at the 5 minute mark.

YouTube- CNN: Blitzer Tried His Best to Hide Mexico's Calderon Hypocrisy

So what do you think?

Sounds like that is what we should be doing. If we find someone who is in the country without permission we should send them back. After all that is what Mexico does.

Anyway I like what Calderon is doing fighting the drug war in his country but his view on illegal immigration is hypocritical to say the least.

Excellent thread!

Do you think the open borders people on the forum will try to spin this or will they just stay away from the thread?

Seems they are staying away. I invite everyone to discuss the interview and policies/laws concerning illegal imigration into Mexico.

so far im hearing crickets.......

Its nice to see someone outside of fox news and conservative talk radio basically point out Calderon's hypocrisy.

Its nice to see someone outside of fox news and conservative talk radio basically point out Calderon's hypocrisy.

I agree, Blitzer is a flamming liberal. I am shocked he asked Calderon those questions.

I agree, Blitzer is a flamming liberal. I am shocked he asked Calderon those questions.

Not all libs support illegal immigration and some are just as adamantly opposed to illegal immigration as me, you and anyone else who is actually opposed to illegal immigration.

I'm a liberal, and I fall squarely on the side of enforcing our immigration laws and protecting our borders. I'm glad Blitzer questioned Calderon and brought to light the hypocrisy of his comments and criticisms.

I guess I'll have to continue to post all over these blogs to let righties know that not all libs are open boarders people.

He's hypocritical. But if the insinuation is that Mexican illegal/undocumented immigrants are hypocritical as a result, I really don't see that flying, since I doubt any of them were government officials responsible for deporting Central American immigrants before arriving here.

I'm a liberal, and I fall squarely on the side of enforcing our immigration laws and protecting our borders. I'm glad Blitzer questioned Calderon and brought to light the hypocrisy of his comments and criticisms.

I guess I'll have to continue to post all over these blogs to let righties know that not all libs are open boarders people.

Not all conservatives are anti-illegal immigration. Although one has to wonder how someone can call themselves conservative if they support something as globalist and unpatriotic as illegal immigration.

Not all conservatives are anti-illegal immigration. Although one has to wonder how someone can call themselves conservative if they support something as globalist and unpatriotic as illegal immigration.

Cognizance of the failure of centralized government agencies to fairly ensure equal opportunities for people willing to work hard and diligently, and who should be rewarded for such labor instead of treated worse than people who work less.

He's hypocritical. But if the insinuation is that Mexican illegal/undocumented immigrants are hypocritical as a result, I really don't see that flying, since I doubt any of them were government officials responsible for deporting Central American immigrants before arriving here.

The insinuation has nothing to do with illegals being hypocrites. It has everthing to do with Mexicos immigration policy and whether or not the United States should adopt a similar policy.

Last edited:
All in all i don't disagree with what Arizona did. If the whole country did it I'd be fine with it.

As long is it doesn't turn into police pestering ethnic looking Americans all the time I could care less. It makes perfect sense that if you're driving near the border, have a thick Hispanic accent, don't have a driver's license or any ID, you should be suspected of being here illegally. After all that you should be given a few weeks to turn up a birth certificate or some kind of papers proving you're a citizen. If not you get deported.

Id also be fine with a wall along the border though I don't know how much it will help without border agents on constant guard every couple hundred feet.

All in all i don't disagree with what Arizona did. If the whole country did it I'd be fine with it.

As long is it doesn't turn into police pestering ethnic looking Americans all the time I could care less. It makes perfect sense that if you're driving near the border, have a thick Hispanic accent, don't have a driver's license or any ID, you should be suspected of being here illegally. After all that you should be given a few weeks to turn up a birth certificate or some kind of papers proving you're a citizen. If not you get deported.

Id also be fine with a wall along the border though I don't know how much it will help without border agents on constant guard every couple hundred feet.

Here's an idea, if our federal government would simply enforce existing laws. And secure the border. It wouldn't be that dificult to build two fences 50 yards apart along the border and plant land mines inbetween the fences. With the appropriate warning signs in spanish.

Here's an idea, if our federal government would simply enforce existing laws. And secure the border. It wouldn't be that dificult to build two fences 50 yards apart along the border and plant land mines inbetween the fences. With the appropriate warning signs in spanish.

Lol, I know where you're coming from but I can't really say that I'm in favor of the land mine position.

Lol, I know where you're coming from but I can't really say that I'm in favor of the land mine position.

Which part don't you like? The initial implementation costs or the weekly maintenance/cleanup expenses...? ;)

My political beliefs fall mostly to the left but immigration is where I part company with some liberals' ideology. I think we should enforce the laws on the books. Severely fine employers who are routinely found with illegal employees, with the caveat that the first time offenders with a small number, relative to their size, are assessed a "warning" fee.

There is no excuse for hiring illegal employees. If one is in an industry rife with them (meat packing and agriculture for example) they can use the computerized system available to check if the ID being presented is valid.

If we take away the incentive to hire the undocumented, then there will be no jobs for them and illegal immigration stops.

I agree, we should secure the border, not only to prevent undocumented workers, but as a matter of national security as well.

I do draw the line at what Arizona has done. Though I'm white as snow and don't have an accent, I do have relatives and very close friends who are Hispanic in origin. One lives in Arizona and though her husband and daughter are white and blonde, she and her son have black hair and brown skin. I would hate for them to be out and get harassed, at best or detained at worst, simply because they are Hispanic looking.

One of my Hispanic friends was traveling in Texas with her mother and two sisters. They were refused service in a Denny's because they are Hispanic looking and lest you think they were dressed like poor illegals, that is far from the truth. They are always well turned out, with jewelry, makeup and nice clothing. They were all born here, all have college degrees (English, Sound Engineering and Fine Arts) so their English is impeccable, except for Mommie. Though born in Texas, Mommie spoke mostly in Spanish because of her mother. This was enough to get them turned away by the hick serving as hostess, no matter how they protested and demonstrated their ability to pay (that was the excuse they were given, that they would run on the ticket) Sure with a 70-year-old woman.

These very personal examples that put a human face on discrimination for me. I cannot abide the idea that these American citizens must worry about harassment and detention while I, as a white woman, won't even be looked at twice. Of course they all have valid ID, but mistakes happen. They are American citizens and shouldn't be subjected to "Papers please" because of the color of their skin.

EDIT: And to the OP, bravo for Wolf asking these very tough questions. If Mexico would take steps to better their country and make it livable for its own people, they wouldn't need to come here. I would have thought the Maquiladoras would have helped their economy somewhat more than they have. Mexico is responsible for the well-being of the citizens of their country, not us.

Oh, and if we legalized pot, that would tamp down on the need for Mexican weed, thus weakening the drug cartels in Mexico.

Last edited:
The insinuation has nothing to do with illegals being hypocrites. It has everthing to do with Mexicos immigration policy and whether or not the United States should adopt a similar policy.

And Mexico is a fairly straightforward white supremacist state, characterized by informal apartheid and authoritarian state policy to enforce it and endemic corruption at every level of government. It's not a model worthy of emulation.

I was just wondering why you implied that there was some big "Aha!" moment, mocking the "open borders advocates." I think you believed that Mexico and all Mexican nationals were subject to blame for the policies of the Mexican federal government, and wanted to imply that they were hypocritical.

And Mexico is a fairly straightforward white supremacist state, characterized by informal apartheid and authoritarian state policy to enforce it and endemic corruption at every level of government. It's not a model worthy of emulation.

I was just wondering why you implied that there was some big "Aha!" moment, mocking the "open borders advocates." I think you believed that Mexico and all Mexican nationals were subject to blame for the policies of the Mexican federal government, and wanted to imply that they were hypocritical.

You thought wrong chief.

Calderon yeah

YouTube- CNN: Blitzer Tried His Best to Hide Mexico's Calderon Hypocrisy

So what do you think?

I think Calderon is a piece of **** and the democrats that stood and applauded him are worse.

Back
Top Bottom