• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woke Warfighters’: GOP Report Says Leftist Ideology, Gender ‘Insanity’ Weakening America’s Military

About a year before I retired from the Navy, a gay shipmate who I used to joke around with told me about a bar that just opened around the corner from my house that had entertainment and offered up really good club sandwiches. He told me to go check it out. I said yeah OK........... blah blah blah

I never dawned on me that he was setting me up.

I decided to stop in there one afternoon for the hell of it. (the name of the place should have gave it away :rolleyes: )

1669557542777.png

I sat at the bar to get a beer and a lunch menu when a couple of customers walked over towards some nearby stools as I busted out laughing. I could see that they were trans, and they probably thought I was being a real jerk until I told them about my shipmate being a smart ass and setting up the straight guy. Anyways.....at least they thought it was pretty funny and the bartender got a good laugh as well. We had a fun conversation and the bar really did make a great club sandwich.
When I got back to the ship a few days later I told my friend that I stopped in there. He asked what I thought with a smirk on his face................. I told him that I got a couple phone numbers. His jaw almost hit freaking the deck. :ROFLMAO:

I

When I served the queers did not celebrate their illness like they do today. President Clinton even in later years added 'don't ask, don't tell' for a reason.

It increased readiness.

Now in boot kids have cards they carry in their pocket for when they get stressed out. The DI is required to back off if the kid pulls it.

We are a joke

------------------------------------

Republican lawmakers have decried the Biden administration for policies that they say are weakening America’s military through leftist indoctrination and “woke” ideological posturing to appease “Ivy League faculty lounges or progressive pundits.”

“Unfortunately, President Joe Biden and his administration are weakening America’s warfighters through a sustained assault fueled by woke virtue signaling,” said Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) in a report titled “Woke Warfighters,” according to Fox News. “Our military’s singular purpose is to ‘provide for the common defense’ of our nation. It cannot be turned into a left-wing social experiment. It cannot be used as a cudgel against America itself.”

The report cites several examples of the administration’s stance. One example was Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s first action after being confirmed by the Senate, which included signing a “racism” memorandum. The message directed all service members and Department of Defense civilian employees to conduct a “one-day stand-down” to discuss extremism within their ranks.

This was despite the fact that in a force of more than 2.1 million active and reserve members, there were only 100 such cases of alleged “extremism,” according to data collected by the Biden administration.

“The world is a dangerous place, and the Biden Administration’s insanity is eroding our greatest source of security in it,” said the report, citing the military’s promotion of Marxist critical race theory, sex reassignment procedures, and transgender ideology, as well as the punishment of those

The fantasy that gay people hurt military readiness is just flat out dumb. The equipment doesn’t give a shit what your sexual orientation is.

And speaking as someone who was actually at BCT less than a year ago, I didn’t see any of those “stress cards”.

When I served the queers did not celebrate their illness like they do today. President Clinton even in later years added 'don't ask, don't tell' for a reason.

It increased readiness.

Now in boot kids have cards they carry in their pocket for when they get stressed out. The DI is required to back off if the kid pulls it.

We are a joke

Republican lawmakers have decried the Biden administration for policies that they say are weakening America’s military through leftist indoctrination and “woke” ideological posturing to appease “Ivy League faculty lounges or progressive pundits.”

“Unfortunately, President Joe Biden and his administration are weakening America’s warfighters through a sustained assault fueled by woke virtue signaling,” said Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) in a report titled “Woke Warfighters,” according to Fox News. “Our military’s singular purpose is to ‘provide for the common defense’ of our nation. It cannot be turned into a left-wing social experiment. It cannot be used as a cudgel against America itself.”

The report cites several examples of the administration’s stance. One example was Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s first action after being confirmed by the Senate, which included signing a “racism” memorandum. The message directed all service members and Department of Defense civilian employees to conduct a “one-day stand-down” to discuss extremism within their ranks.

This was despite the fact that in a force of more than 2.1 million active and reserve members, there were only 100 such cases of alleged “extremism,” according to data collected by the Biden administration.

“The world is a dangerous place, and the Biden Administration’s insanity is eroding our greatest source of security in it,” said the report, citing the military’s promotion of Marxist critical race theory, sex reassignment procedures, and transgender ideology, as well as the punishment of those

GOP "reports" are mostly lies and damn lies. That's the part that isn't fibs and bullshit.

It increased readiness.

We are a joke

Watching the hyper masculine Russian army get its ass kicked by a Ukrainan army that includes women makes this argument utterly absurd.

The fantasy that gay people hurt military readiness is just flat out dumb. The equipment doesn’t give a shit what your sexual orientation is.

And speaking as someone who was actually at BCT less than a year ago, I didn’t see any of those “stress cards”.
But VySky, though he wasn’t there himself says it was a fact in 2012 because somebody else told him he heard it from some else. Even though there are several articles from well before 2012 debunking it and people I’ve talked to who went through basic in 2009 and late 2010’s say it’s not true. His logic is…well, it’s something.

This is about the impact to the military. The most important thing to consider.
No, this whole thread is because you seem threatened by gay people.

Too bad.

i give the OP credit. he does the Fox 'news' thing and it works for him every time.

Oh yeah?

Cause I went to Jackson in 2014 and no one gave me a stress card.
Who cares?

I'm talking 2012. Hint. That's a 2 year difference. 2014-2012=2

Who cares?

I'm talking 2012. Hint. That's a 2 year difference. 2014-2012=2

I had, knew, and worked with Drills who were at Jackson in 2012 and none of them said anything about stress cards.

So, how about instead of just digging yourself deeper, you produce some kind of proof?

Ate you really still stuck on gays in the military?

Jesus the gay issue is basically over outside hard right wing Christian circles.

How is me being gay important to whether or not I can throw a grenade?
Well, everyone knows that gays have limp wrists so that affects their ability to throw. As exemplified in Revenge of the Nerds where Lamar won the javelin contest because his javelin was designed to fit his limp wristed throwing style. And if we can’t trust 1980’s comedies for truth, what can we trust?

How does learning "proper pronouns" help our troops learn to kick our enemy's asses?

Gays have always been in the military. General Washington probably had some.
My issue is with trans people that want me to pay for their surgery. No way in hell.

When...those
Why do you care that
TWO POLITICIANS W/O ANY MILITARY SERVICE
issued a report critical of the Pentagon's practices.
Why should anyone care?
like at all?

"GOP report says..."

200w.gif

Not only do the two authors lack any military service themselves,
the Pentagon says they got essential facts wrong.

@VySky
When you must rely on bullshit to bolster your opinions,
perhaps consider that your opinions are bullshit

Back
Top Bottom