• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woke Warfighters’: GOP Report Says Leftist Ideology, Gender ‘Insanity’ Weakening America’s Military

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
When I served the queers did not celebrate their illness like they do today. President Clinton even in later years added 'don't ask, don't tell' for a reason.

It increased readiness.

Now in boot kids have cards they carry in their pocket for when they get stressed out. The DI is required to back off if the kid pulls it.

We are a joke

------------------------------------

Republican lawmakers have decried the Biden administration for policies that they say are weakening America’s military through leftist indoctrination and “woke” ideological posturing to appease “Ivy League faculty lounges or progressive pundits.”

“Unfortunately, President Joe Biden and his administration are weakening America’s warfighters through a sustained assault fueled by woke virtue signaling,” said Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) in a report titled “Woke Warfighters,” according to Fox News. “Our military’s singular purpose is to ‘provide for the common defense’ of our nation. It cannot be turned into a left-wing social experiment. It cannot be used as a cudgel against America itself.”

The report cites several examples of the administration’s stance. One example was Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s first action after being confirmed by the Senate, which included signing a “racism” memorandum. The message directed all service members and Department of Defense civilian employees to conduct a “one-day stand-down” to discuss extremism within their ranks.

This was despite the fact that in a force of more than 2.1 million active and reserve members, there were only 100 such cases of alleged “extremism,” according to data collected by the Biden administration.

“The world is a dangerous place, and the Biden Administration’s insanity is eroding our greatest source of security in it,” said the report, citing the military’s promotion of Marxist critical race theory, sex reassignment procedures, and transgender ideology, as well as the punishment of those

When I served the queers did not celebrate their illness like they do today. President Clinton even in later years added 'don't ask, don't tell' for a reason.

It increased readiness.

Now in boot kids have cards they carry in their pocket for when they get stressed out. The DI is required to back off if the kid pulls it.

We are a joke

Republican lawmakers have decried the Biden administration for policies that they say are weakening America’s military through leftist indoctrination and “woke” ideological posturing to appease “Ivy League faculty lounges or progressive pundits.”

“Unfortunately, President Joe Biden and his administration are weakening America’s warfighters through a sustained assault fueled by woke virtue signaling,” said Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) in a report titled “Woke Warfighters,” according to Fox News. “Our military’s singular purpose is to ‘provide for the common defense’ of our nation. It cannot be turned into a left-wing social experiment. It cannot be used as a cudgel against America itself.”

The report cites several examples of the administration’s stance. One example was Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s first action after being confirmed by the Senate, which included signing a “racism” memorandum. The message directed all service members and Department of Defense civilian employees to conduct a “one-day stand-down” to discuss extremism within their ranks.

This was despite the fact that in a force of more than 2.1 million active and reserve members, there were only 100 such cases of alleged “extremism,” according to data collected by the Biden administration.

“The world is a dangerous place, and the Biden Administration’s insanity is eroding our greatest source of security in it,” said the report, citing the military’s promotion of Marxist critical race theory, sex reassignment procedures, and transgender ideology, as well as the punishment of those

I knew a lot a gay male and females in the Navy. Almost all of them did their jobs very well and I was a much shipmate with many of them as I was with my straight friends. It wasn't talked about, but everyone knew who was and who wasn't gay............ and we left it at that.

My closest friend at my first duty station was gay/bi and I never knew it until about 4-5 months hanging out together. I was mad at him for a couple weeks after finding out, but it was because I thought that he didn't trust me enough to tell me. We got it figured out and he remained my best friend for the rest of our tour. My wife adored him and kept our spare bedroom open in Navy housing when he didn't feel like going back to the BEQ on some nights..

Gay people weren't asking for anything special............they just did their jobs.

I knew a lot a gay male and females in the Navy. Almost all of them did their jobs very well and I was a much shipmate with many of them as I was with my straight friends. It wasn't talked about, but everyone knew who was and who wasn't gay............ and we left it at that.

My closest friend at my first duty station was gay/bi and I never knew it until about 4-5 months hanging out together. I was mad at him for a couple weeks after finding out, but it was because I thought that he didn't trust me enough to tell me. We got it figured out and he remained my best friend for the rest of our tour. My wife adored him and kept our spare bedroom open in Navy housing when he didn't feel like going back to the BEQ on some nights..

Gay people weren't asking for anything special............they just did their jobs.
If this were always the case I think there'd be a lot less conflict and division.

It increased readiness.
The conservatives were up in arms against don’t ask don’t tell at the time because it allowed the “queers” to serve at all and CID, NIS, etc were no longer allowed to target them. It did increase readiness in that it mostly stopped rumors and witch hunts.
That is a myth that has never ever been true.

Every social change the military has ever gone through was accompanied by fear-mongering about how it weakened the military: desegregation, inclusion of women, don’t ask don’t tell, ending of don’t ask don’t tell, ending alcohol restrictions in the barracks and ad hoc barracks inspections.

While no change is ever smooth, the fears and predictions of disaster have always been wrong.

For the record, I joined the Army under Reagan, retired under Obama, and still have much contact with young soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, and Guardians* to be in touch with current attitudes.

* the official designation for Space Force members.

"GOP report says..."

200w.gif

The conservatives were up in arms against don’t ask don’t tell at the time because it allowed the “queers” to serve at all and CID, NIS, etc were no longer allowed to target them. It did increase readiness in that it mostly stopped rumors and witch hunts.

That is a myth that has never ever been true.

Every social change the military has ever gone through was accompanied by fear-mongering about how it weakened the military: desegregation, inclusion of women, don’t ask don’t tell, ending of don’t ask don’t tell, ending alcohol restrictions in the barracks and ad hoc barracks inspections.

While no change is ever smooth, the fears and predictions of disaster have always been wrong.

For the record, I joined the Army under Reagan, retired under Obama, and still have much contact with young soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, and Guardians* to be in touch with current attitudes.

* the official designation for Space Force members.
It's a myth\? It's truth dude the cards for stress.. You need to accept what I'm telling you here

Another day, another OP hate on "queers" thread fueled by the TheEpochTimes based on vilification efforts by the GOP.
So the article hits home. Truth does not automatically equal hate. Facts are tough for those who facts offend. That is why Biden prefers truth over facts. He said as much himself.

It increased readiness.

We are a joke

I'm a queer, currently in law enforcement and about to ship out for basic for the National Guard. I think I do a pretty decent job. I'm certainly more physically active than a lot of my fellow officers.

So the article hits home. Truth does not automatically equal hate. Facts are tough for those who facts offend. That is why Biden prefers truth over facts. He said as much himself.
There is no truth readiness has been reduced

That's opinion

Does not hit home at all, for anyone but those who need to hate. Here is the actual report...

No stats, trends, empirical data of any kind. Just a colorful politically motivated hate article, with a couple of random numbers and dates thrown in, designed to enflame people like yourself.

Now I'll never claim that Biden, or "woke" ideology, handling of the Military is something I agree with but do not drag me into your typical with us or against us via hate on "queers" bullshit. You have the homophobia issue.

Does not hit home at all, for anyone but those who need to hate. Here is the actual report...

No stats, trends, empirical data of any kind. Just a colorful politically motivated hate article, with a couple of random numbers and dates thrown in, designed to enflame people like yourself.

Now I'll never claim that Biden, or "woke" ideology, handling of the Military is something I agree with but do not drag me into your typical with us or against us via hate on "queers" bullshit. You have the homophobia issue.
This is about the impact to the military. The most important thing to consider.

It's a myth\? It's truth dude the cards for stress.. You need to accept what I'm telling you here
It’s a myth, and has been around for at least 20 years. Everyone who has been through basic since the myth started has laughed at it.

In the ‘90’s, the Navy did issue “stress cards” to recruits which gave advice and contact information for recruits having a hard time. Around the same time, the Army issued stress cards that worked like a mood ring and indicated level of stress when touché by ginger or thumb.

In neither case were they get out of jail free cards, and while some recruits did pull them ou to indicate distress, that put no obligation on the drill instructors.

So “stress cards” did exist, but were not what the myth claims.

This is about the impact to the military. The most important thing to consider.

Despite the hype from the likes of Marco Rubio, Tom Cotton, and like minded thinkers all we are seeing is political opportunism.

They have the House in the next Congress and we can expect the right to up the hate game much to the delight of homophonic FoxNews followers.

It’s a myth, and has been around for at least 20 years. Everyone who has been through basic since the myth started has laughed at it.

In the ‘90’s, the Navy did issue “stress cards” to recruits which gave advice and contact information for recruits having a hard time. Around the same time, the Army issued stress cards that worked like a mood ring and indicated level of stress when touché by ginger or thumb.

In neither case were they get out of jail free cards, and while some recruits did pull them ou to indicate distress, that put no obligation on the drill instructors.

So “stress cards” did exist, but were not what the myth claims.
The cards existed in 2012. And were used routinely at Fort Jackson. That is fact.

It increased readiness.

We are a joke

Trump supporters try to break through a police barrier at the Capitol

Trump supporters try to break through a police barrier, Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021, at the Capitol in Washington. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez)
5 Nov 2021
Military.com | By Steve Beynon and Konstantin Toropin

At least five service members allegedly were part of the deadly pro-Trump mob that assaulted the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, leaving behind a ransacked house of government and injured police.

The attack shook the core of democracy in America, with looting and violence as Congress certified the presidential election results. The sudden unrest forced lawmakers to hide in offices and barricade doors as rioters chanted threats.

This is what weakens the military. Traitors to the U. S. Constitution

So what's your point? Did the sun also rise in the East during this time?
You claim readiness is reduced

Do you have any evidence at all but your feelings? Lol

Don't forget about the square needles they use for shots in boot camp too.

It increased readiness.

We are a joke

There have always been "queers" serving in the armed forces and there always will be. Queer soldiers serve openly in Israel, and Israel has one of the most "kick-ass" military forces in the world. You can tell by how many wars the Israelis haven't lost.

The problem is America is the influence of the white Christian right.

Back
Top Bottom