• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woke SpaceX Employees Pen Letter Berating CEO Elon Musk as an “Embarrassment”

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Update: Woke SpaceX Employees FIRED for Penning Letter Berating CEO as an “Embarrassment”​

I like this reaction:

I posted in this forum because this is just too damned funny.

I mean, he is. He makes a total fool of himself nearly every day on twitter. I am ashamed to even be the same species.

I mean, he is. He makes a total fool of himself nearly every day on twitter. I am ashamed to even be the same species.
shrug...

You are free to hold that opinion...but, if you work for him he's free to fire your ass for expressing that opinion.

Update: Woke SpaceX Employees FIRED for Penning Letter Berating CEO as an “Embarrassment”​

I like this reaction:

Gee, wasn’t it Elon moaning about how even his “worst critics” should stay on Twitter in the name of “free speech” not that long ago? 🙄😂

I like this reaction:Re

Reminds me of the old saying "the boss is not always right, but it is always the boss".

Gee, wasn’t it Elon moaning about how even his “worst critics” should stay on Twitter in the name of “free speech” not that long ago? 🙄😂
Sure. And nothing wrong with his critics saying what they want on twitter...but actions have consequences.

This bunch of idiots just got slapped upside the head by consequences.

btw, there is no reason for twitter to stop people commenting on Musk or anyone else.

Sure. And nothing wrong with his critics saying what they want on twitter...but actions have consequences.

This bunch of idiots just got slapped upside the head by consequences.

btw, there is no reason for twitter to stop people commenting on Musk or anyone else.

Funny how conservatives never believe that when THEY are the ones getting in trouble for, gee, things like making racist comments.

Elon crying about how he supposedly cares so deeply about “free speech” only makes his actions MORE hypocritical

Funny how conservatives never believe that when THEY are the ones getting in trouble for, gee, things like making racist comments.

Elon crying about how he supposedly cares so deeply about “free speech” only makes his actions MORE hypocritical
Gee, you think Elon should PAY people who dis him? If they aren't happy they should just quit. Then they can dis him on Twitter.

Gee, you think Elon should PAY people who dis him? If they aren't happy they should just quit. Then they can dis him on Twitter.

Gee, again, for a guy who constantly goes on about how he supposedly cares so much about free speech(which, gee, includes the right to “diss” him) his tantrum is rather hypocritical

Gee, again, for a guy who constantly goes on about how he supposedly cares so much about free speech(which, gee, includes the right to “diss” him) his tantrum is rather hypocritical
Not while he is on his payroll.

Reminds me of the old saying "the boss is not always right, but it is always the boss".
This is not going to endear Musk to the rich liberals who buy his cars. His cars already have a host of technical problems that remain unresolved, so he doesn't need this bad PR. The man might be a good engineer but he is a PR disaster every time he opens his mouth and he somehow thinks that his billions make him immune from the blowback from his statements.

This is not going to endear Musk to the rich liberals who buy his cars. His cars already have a host of technical problems that remain unresolved, so he doesn't need this bad PR. The man might be a good engineer but he is a PR disaster every time he opens his mouth and he somehow thinks that his billions make him immune from the blowback from his statements.
Maybe Musk has gotten so sick of the liberal BS these days that he doesn't car if the rich hypocritical liberals buy his cars. People are taking a stand!

Gee....you are allowed to have your opinions. But putting them out there using company resources and doing it on company time........

NO

Gee....you are allowed to have your opinions. But putting them out there using company resources and doing it on company time........

NO
They don't want to understand the difference. It is mind boggling ....

He might not have had a say.

Here is from the person in charge of Space X:

SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell sent out a company-wide email Thursday calling the letter "overreaching activism" and a "distraction" in light of the company’s several upcoming projects.

"The letter, solicitations and general process made employees feel uncomfortable, intimidated and bullied, and/or angry because the letter pressured them to sign onto something that did not reflect their views," she said, adding, "blanketing thousands of people across the company with repeated unsolicited emails and asking them to sign letters and fill out unsponsored surveys during the work day is not acceptable, goes against our documented handbook policy, and does not show the strong judgement needed to work in this very challenging space transportation sector."

^^^^^^^^^^^

All very reasonable.

The company has a "no assholes" policy.

Sounds like these guys were total assholes.

How do you know he ordered the firings.

He does not run the operations side of the company.

Please show us where it was his call.

Maybe Musk has gotten so sick of the liberal BS these days that he doesn't car if the rich hypocritical liberals buy his cars. People are taking a stand!
That would be corprate suicide to offend your core customers.

NO

Not while he is on his payroll.

Gee, and yet, as I said before, conservatives throw massive tantrums when the consequences of their own actions come back to bite them in the ass.

Gee, and yet, as I said before, conservatives throw massive tantrums when the consequences of their own actions come back to bite them in the ass.

What is this thread about ?

It is about Project-X employees being shown the door for using company assets to push their off-mission agenda.

Yeah...that's what it's about.

Whataboutism's.......no.

So, we know it was the president of the company who supported or even called for this to happen. I have not read where Elon initiated it.

How did this bite a conservatives ass?

What is this thread about ?

It is about Project-X employees being shown the door for using company assets to push their off-mission agenda.

Yeah...that's what it's about.

Whataboutism's.......no.

So, we know it was the president of the company who supported or even called for this to happen. I have not read where Elon initiated it.

“Off mission agenda”

Pointing out the fact that Elon is a bad joke is entirely relevant. You being horrified that it’s pointed out how loudly conservatives scream when they have to face consequences for what they say and do is entirely relevant.

And anyone who thinks Elon didn’t sign off on this is fooling themselves.

Back
Top Bottom