• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woke Crazy Mom

I have a friend who is a preschool teacher.

She has a student that packs disgusting and inappropriate lunches. The lunch consists of small celery sticks with blue cheese, goat cheese, kimchi, and spam.

The teacher made an effort to contact this student's mother, telling her that her son's lunch was very distracting for the other students and had an unpleasant odor.

The mother refused to comply, so the teacher sent an email telling this mother her response was unacceptable and that his lunches were too inappropriate to be sent to school any longer.

The mother has now filed a complaint with the school district against my friend for racism.

This is wokism gone amuck. A teacher wanting a student not to bring stinky cheese and kimchi is not racist; it is doing her job and exercising common sense.

The teacher isn't a racist; the parent, however, is an a-hole who is a woke parent doing a complete disservice to her child.

I feel sorry for that child. He will grow up as a prime target of bullies.

Last edited:
An article based off that Reddit post that has already been widely disseminated.
AND Bucky added the "accused of racism" bit. Why bother being honest when you're trying to score points?

She has a student that packs disgusting and inappropriate lunches. The lunch consists of small celery sticks with blue cheese, goat cheese, kimchi, and spam.
Did she suggest a BALONEY sandwich to the parents?

Damn, dude. That's some high quality ownage you got going on there. At least leave the guy one ass cheek, so he can sit on the edge of the bus seat.
Let him stand.

Let him stand.
If he hasn't got either cheek, his pants will fall down.

Is that something you're prepared for? Are you ready to be underwhelmed?

If he hasn't got either cheek, his pants will fall down.

Is that something you're prepared for? Are you ready to be underwhelmed?
I am always up for a good laugh down!

Which is a good thing since I have a mirror on the bathroom wall opposite of my shower.

I am given to doubt the veracity of the story. Who packs goat cheese and bleu cheese simultaneously with kimchi? That sounds like a terrible lunch.

That said, children should not be allowed to bring highly-odorous food to school that isn't properly sealed and stinks up a classroom before lunchtime, as it can be distracting to a learning environment to say the least. But as long as the food is sealed in Tupperware/zip lock bags, I could not care less.

Last edited:
Sounds like the OP's preschool teacher friend has the same dilemma as this preschool teacher in the story below.

Huh. My doubt was well-established it would seem.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I didn't know it had been widely disseminated it, but I read it at "AITA."

Here is the link: www.reddit.com/r/AmITheAngel/comments/11qse5b/here_we_have_another_ridiculous_school_rules/

Spam's too salty and no to soggy Doritos, but the cheeses and celery and kimchi sound divine to me.
Oh, yeah, it had been widely disseminated but appeared to have originated with that mother's original AITA post on Reddit.

I don't care much for Doritos in any way shape or soggy form, as far as Spam is concerned, I like the Jalapeno Spam pan fried.

The teacher made an effort to contact this student's mother, telling her that her son's lunch was very distracting for the other students and had an unpleasant odor.

The mother refused to comply, so the teacher sent an email telling this mother her response was unacceptable and that his lunches were too inappropriate to be sent to school any longer.

The mother has now filed a complaint with the school district against my friend for racism.

This is wokism gone amuck. A teacher wanting a student not to bring stinky cheese and kimchi is not racist; it is doing her job and exercising common sense.

The teacher isn't a racist; the parent, however, is an a-hole who is a woke parent doing a complete disservice to her child.

You're getting a LOT of "woke" replies from the usual confused "woke" folk. LOL.

Common sense not allowed, 1 person must be allowed to disrupt everything for the entire rest of the class. Or its "racist". LMAO.

You're getting a LOT of "woke" replies from the usual confused "woke" folk. LOL.

Common sense not allowed, 1 person must be allowed to disrupt everything for the entire rest of the class. Or its "racist". LMAO.

Agreed. Children should not be allowed to bring food (or anything really) whose odor permeates the classroom and disrupts the education process for the other children. But I have no idea if that is what happened here, because I cannot believe the story as written.

The problem is, when one starts an opening post with a blatant lie (claiming he has a friend who is involved in a matter of public controversy) then one rightfully leaves themselves open to scorn, ridicule and dismissal whatever the merits of the underlying argument.

Sounds like the OP's preschool teacher friend has the same dilemma as this preschool teacher in the story below.
What a coincidence...or is the OP trying to sound 'not racist' by turning a possibly true statement into a 'I knew somebody who...'

What a coincidence...or is the OP trying to sound 'not racist' by turning a possibly true statement into a 'I knew somebody who...'
Good question. I am certain the OP will be right along to explain.

Yeah, that's not woke, that's being Korean. Or is it woke, given that this word has no actual meaning? Perhaps its both woke and not woke at the same time, achieving a sort of woke superposition.

Now given that, soggy doritos should be a war crime.
Yup...shockingly people from other cultures eat different types of food. This teacher was being a Karen, and I don't even like that term.

Are you serious? Good God.

Yup...shockingly people from other cultures eat different types of food. This teacher was being a Karen, and I don't even like that term.

The teacher is a racist and has no business being in charge of children .

Sounds like a Hawaiian of Asian heritage; woke mom's don't serve Spam.

If the preschooler likes those flavors, he has grown up with them. Very unusual for most kids to like such strong flavors that young. The other students being allowed to complain about it, and teacher complaining about it, is definitely embarrassing for him and should be avoided. I'd try to treat it as an interesting conversation to have about new and different foods-- some brave kid will try the kimchee and like it-- or at least say she does. And the kids could bring in a bite of one of their faves for the other boy to try. That stuff isn't any smellier than tuna noodle casserole... you let one kid start making faces about it, though, and they were be a pile on. They'll get used to it and be proud to act like big kids.

Yeah, that's not woke, that's being Korean. Or is it woke, given that this word has no actual meaning? Perhaps its both woke and not woke at the same time, achieving a sort of woke superposition.

Now given that, soggy doritos should be a war crime.
With a name like Tacomancer, you never heard of Chilaquiles Verdes?

I feel bad that America exported Spam to the poor Koreans...war is hell.

If the preschooler likes those flavors, he has grown up with them. Very unusual for most kids to like such strong flavors that young. The other students being allowed to complain about it, and teacher complaining about it, is definitely embarrassing for him and should be avoided. I'd try to treat it as an interesting conversation to have about new and different foods-- some brave kid will try the kimchee and like it-- or at least say she does. And the kids could bring in a bite of one of their faves for the other boy to try. That stuff isn't any smellier than tuna noodle casserole... you let one kid start making faces about it, though, and they were be a pile on. They'll get used to it and be proud to act like big kids.
In all the backgrounding I did on this story I never saw any evidence that any of the other students had complained about the odors of the lunches. It was all the preschool teacher that was up in high dungeon about the smells.

Had a bunch of kimchi for lunch, along with some steamed dumplings, cucumber and cilantro salad with bacon bits, and creamed broccoli spears, and hot and sour soup, and imitation crab salad, and pepper chicken. Stayed away from the spring rolls today and the sushi and the WASABI...aieeeeeeeee!!!!

My German language class had a German food day. Thing is though, German food is practically as plain as British food. A lot of kids did varieties of sausage, while I did a potato salad. Someone located some sauerkraut.

How well a "bring what you eat at home" day would go, depends on how multicultural the student body is. If 95% of kids bring essentially the same thing, it's going to be more divisive than inclusive.

Back
Top Bottom