• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wok Recipes

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I recently got a wok and have been cooking a lot with it, I really like it. I was wondering if anyone has good recipes they would like to share.

Ah, but do you have the right stove for it.

I recently got a wok and have been cooking a lot with it, I really like it. I was wondering if anyone has good recipes they would like to share.

This, but served over rice (so as not to waste the sauce).

This, but served over rice (so as not to waste the sauce).

Do you think I could substitute the shrimp for other kinds of meat or fish?

Once you try this for the first time, you will be craving it at least once a month.

DAN DAN NOODLES

You can get all the ingredients at most any Asian market. One thing I substitute: I stir fry fresh spinach in place of the Sui Mi Ya Cai, which is just a packet of pickled greens.

Also, get some real Tahini-sesame paste. Don't try to make the chili oil from scratch, just buy this brand - Laoganma Fried Chili in Oil

Build up your Chinese pantry.

Dark soy
Light Soy
Bean paste
Chinese five spice
Sichuan peppercorn
Shaoxing Wine
Chinese black vinegar
Toasted Sesame oil
fresh ginger root
fresh garlic
fresh spring onions

Also, do a google search on Chinese shallow frying.

Korean cookbook: 101 Ways to Wok your Dog

Woks make great popcorn.

At first glance I thought the headline was woke recipes.

Besides typical Asian recipes, I used mine yesterday to make chicken mole.

I cheat and use the store bought Dona Maria mole sauce. Get a large pack of bone in chicken thighs, boil in water with onion and 2 bay leaves for a couple hours. (skin on or off per preference). Once the chicken is cooked take about four cups of the broth and use it to melt the mole sauce in the wok until it gets to a nice thick consistency. Add the chicken and simmer until you are ready to eat then serve with rice and tortillas.

Back
Top Bottom