• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Oh boy, now you done it...you must be a glutton for punishment...she'll hound you from now on...😊
This is not my first rodeo. ;)

...dear potential wives; simply submitting yourself unto your husband doesn't mean you give up your, "even chance".

i think a lot of insecure men need for people to obey them.

a match made in heaven.
I'm not so sure about that. Opposites attracts, but the strength of the attraction can rest on temporary emotions.

I'm not so sure about that. Opposites attracts, but the strength of the attraction can rest on temporary emotions.
insecure men need people to obey them to feel like men (since they're not confident and are needy). you just said women exist that need to be dominated.

that's a perfect match.

insecure men need people to obey them to feel like men (since they're not confident and are needy). you just said women exist that need to be dominated.

that's a perfect match.
You missed the distinction. One needs obedience to feel secure while the other needs to obey to feel secure. These are opposites. Emotions can change, thus they aren't guaranteed to last.

You missed the distinction. One needs obedience to feel secure while the other needs to obey to feel secure. These are opposites. Emotions can change, thus they aren't guaranteed to last.
holy shit on a stick.

of all the things i'm gonna argue about today that dumb one isn't gonna be one.

holy shit on a stick.

of all the things i'm gonna argue about today that dumb one isn't gonna be one.
The door is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Sounds like he is also a very lucky man. (y)
At some point someone has to make decisions in the family when there are disagreements. Not every disagreement requires there be a consensus answer that everyone follows. Easy example, what's for dinner, pork chops, I don't want porkchops, ok order yourself a pizza. Other issues require some ultimate single answer. What house do we buy, I want A, they want B. At some point someone will have to decide is they cannot agree. It's important to know which issues must come to a final resolution and all must follow that path and which ones aren't that important and allow some variance.

At some point someone has to make decisions in the family when there are disagreements. Not every disagreement requires there be a consensus answer that everyone follows. Easy example, what's for dinner, pork chops, I don't want porkchops, ok order yourself a pizza. Other issues require some ultimate single answer. What house do we buy, I want A, they want B. At some point someone will have to decide is they cannot agree. It's important to know which issues must come to a final resolution and all must follow that path and which ones aren't that important and allow some variance.

So, Person A gets to decide which house they buy no matter how strenuously Person B objects to the house that Person A wants.

That would be a good time for Person B to think very seriously about whether it is a good idea to move into the house that Person A chose.

But of course, by the time Person B has agreed to be in such an unequal relationship with Person A, Person B probably feels they can't break away from the relationship and feels doomed to spend many unhappy years in continued subjugation in the house they do not like.

So, it's all very sad.

Friend of mine quoted his dad as saying the following some years ago: “Your mom makes all the small decisions, like where we should live or go on vacation, what schools kids should go to. I make all the big decisions, like whether Red China should be admitted into the UN.”

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord​

Can anybody seriously think so?

Friend of mine quoted his dad as saying the following some years ago: “Your mom makes all the small decisions, like where we should live or go on vacation, what schools kids should go to. I make all the big decisions, like whether Red China should be admitted into the UN.”
My grandmother always said Papa was the head and she was the neck so she could turn that head in any direction she wanted...😊

Back
Top Bottom