• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Without Fake Hate Crimes Would We Have Any Hate Crimes At All?

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Black Students Behind “White Power” Drawing

The students identified as the people behind a recent racist drawing found at Salisbury University’s library are black, school officials confirmed Tuesday.

The image, found April 10 on a whiteboard in Blackwell Library, showed a stick figure being hung and labeled with a racial slur. Underneath was the hashtag “#whitepower.”

The university confirmed Tuesday, April 26, the students involved in the incident were black, spokesman Richard Culver wrote in an email. The university would not provide names of the students, citing the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Uh huh. These are creatures of great privilege, these black students; attending top flight universities that many whites can only dream about attending. Nevertheless, all they can talk about is how oppressed they are, and in attempting to validate their lies they produce these fake crimes, which are just about the only type of hate crime we see on campuses anywhere these days, or so it seems.

Since they are black, of course, the district attorney won't prosecute and the university will do nothing about it. These were just pranks, products of immaturity, they say. If whites were to do this the narrative would be a little different, I think.

Uh huh. These are creatures of great privilege, these black students; attending top flight universities that many whites can only dream about attending. Nevertheless, all they can talk about is how oppressed they are, and in attempting to validate their lies they produce these fake crimes, which are just about the only type of hate crime we see on campuses anywhere these days, or so it seems.

Since they are black, of course, the district attorney won't prosecute and the university will do nothing about it. These were just pranks, products of immaturity, they say. If whites were to do this the narrative would be a little different, I think.

1, 2, 3, ............Sweep Under Rug .....................Welcome to 2016

Welcome to the crazy liberal world of the left . :roll:

Without fake hate crimes we would still have more than enough of the real thing than we want.

These are creatures of great privilege, these black students; attending top flight universities that many whites can only dream about attending. Nevertheless, all they can talk about is how oppressed they are, and in attempting to validate their lies they produce these fake crimes, which are just about the only type of hate crime we see on campuses anywhere these days, or so it seems.

Since they are black...

Since they are black, you automatically take it as a given that they have one set of socio-political views rather than another. Not every white person automatically loves all white people. But for some reason you take it for granted that a black person - no matter how privileged and outside the normal they may be - could not possibly have views on race which are opposed to others who share the same skin colour.

Obviously your reaction, and the predictable reactions of all your fellow reactionaries, would make this an extremely effective stunt for any black person who opposes the alleged racial pandering and 'social justice warrior' mentality in your country.

But you automatically assume that black people cannot share those views. Why is that?

You sure this is an elite university?

I never heard of it!

It's a bit like information found on the internet: Some of it is fake, but then a lot of it is real as well. The trick is figuring out which is which.

Some of the "hate crimes" are fake, but a lot of them are real as well. We're not past racism, sexism, or homophobia yet.

Oh, and labeling everything as "left" or "right" is the best way to continue to be fooled.

Since they are black, you automatically take it as a given that they have one set of socio-political views rather than another. Not every white person automatically loves all white people. But for some reason you take it for granted that a black person - no matter how privileged and outside the normal they may be - could not possibly have views on race which are opposed to others who share the same skin colour.

Obviously your reaction, and the predictable reactions of all your fellow reactionaries, would make this an extremely effective stunt for any black person who opposes the alleged racial pandering and 'social justice warrior' mentality in your country.

But you automatically assume that black people cannot share those views. Why is that?

That's one big stretch to imply that the black students that did the drawing are actually black white supremacists.

Sorry, I was referring to the black students who perpetrated the crime.

That's one big stretch to imply that the black students that did the drawing are actually black white supremacists.

There's more than one member on this forum with similar political leanings to LowDown who've often talked about 'self-hating' or 'masochistic' white people, and more than one who've declared how obvious they think it is that black people are inherently inferior, less intelligent. It's hardly a great stretch to suppose that some people with more melanin in their skin might also share similar tendencies or views - especially the uber-privileged people portrayed in the OP - even if most black people just aren't bright enough to 'get it.'

But that's not the only or even main possibility I'm noting; there's a lot of ground between hating black people and believing them to be oppressed. The drawing on face value obviously supports an anti-black message: What is a stretch is to suddenly suppose that it's purpose must have been 180 degrees opposite to that purely because of the colour of the authors' skins... and then to further imply that fake hate crimes are just about the only kind which occur.

There's more than one member on this forum with similar political leanings to LowDown who've often talked about 'self-hating' or 'masochistic' white people, and more than one who've declared how obvious they think it is that black people are inherently inferior, less intelligent. It's hardly a great stretch to suppose that some people with more melanin in their skin might also share similar tendencies or views - especially the uber-privileged people portrayed in the OP - even if most black people just aren't bright enough to 'get it.'

But that's not the only or even main possibility I'm noting; there's a lot of ground between hating black people and believing them to be oppressed. The drawing on face value obviously supports an anti-black message: What is a stretch is to suddenly suppose that it's purpose must have been 180 degrees opposite to that purely because of the colour of the authors' skins... and then to further imply that fake hate crimes are just about the only kind which occur.

Of course it's silly to think that these are the only type of hate crimes to occur, about as silly as implying that it could have been self-hating blacks. Fact is, Occam's Razor easily puts this as an attempt to get attention, possibly for a play of sympathy, as there has been vested interests in the media (and the left) to keep race relations from improving. I mean, why would anyone want to change dynamics that provide such a high % in votes?

Basically, it's a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Of course it's silly to think that these are the only type of hate crimes to occur, about as silly as implying that it could have been self-hating blacks. Fact is, Occam's Razor easily puts this as an attempt to get attention, possibly for a play of sympathy, as there has been vested interests in the media (and the left) to keep race relations from improving. I mean, why would anyone want to change dynamics that provide such a high % in votes?

Basically, it's a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I'm not sure you fully understand Occam's Razor; it advises not multiplying entities beyond necessity, but as I've pointed out there is nothing new in either the concept of black inferiority nor in people holding views against the perceived interests of their race. On the contrary, the supposition that black people specifically mustn't hold views against the perceived interests of their race, and consequently that the purpose of the drawing must be 180 degrees opposed to its face-value intent, would be the new notion being introduced here.

For the record, 'sophisticated' bigots these days explicitly deny that their views are about skin colour; rather, under a pseudo-scientific patois about population genetics, stats on crime, poverty and selected IQ testing results, it's alleged that the bell curve for people of African descent falls well below that of European people. Often it's further alleged, by European people, that east Asian people are better still. There's obviously nothing stopping black people from being naive enough to buy into such rhetoric too; nor from holding the view that the world would be better off if most black people weren't in it, without self-hating as long as they consider themselves at the top of their curve.

But for the third time, racism is not the only or even main possibility here. As I said from the beginning, the predictable reaction from certain quarters is the backlash against claims of black oppression, as exemplified in this thread, making it a perfect stunt for any black person who shares views against the alleged racial pandering in America - which isn't necessarily a racist view at all.

Your guess is as good as mine what motivated the authors of the drawing - which in turn means that my guess is as good as yours ;) It might just have been an immature prank devoid of political intent at all! I am merely pointing out that the OP's presumption that they must hold certain socio-political views because of the colour of their skin is, at best, logically dubious.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you fully understand Occam's Razor; it advises not multiplying entities beyond necessity, but as I've pointed out there is nothing new in either the concept of black inferiority nor in people holding views against the perceived interests of their race. On the contrary, the supposition that black people specifically mustn't hold views against the perceived interests of their race, and consequently that the purpose of the drawing must be 180 degrees opposed to its face-value intent, would be the new notion being introduced here.

I do understand it and it's definitely more likely to surmise that this was a stunt pulled to garner false outrage/gain attention more than what you've posited. This is analogous of a different controversy where a gay waitress faked a bill from a customer saying that they weren't going to tip her because she was gay and they were Christians. To deny this being the easiest explanation is, again, an unreasonable stretch.

Waitress in Anti-Gay Tipping Scandal No Longer At Restaurant - ABC News

For the record, 'sophisticated' bigots these days explicitly deny that their views are about skin colour; rather, under a pseudo-scientific patois about population genetics, stats on crime, poverty and selected IQ testing results, it's alleged that the bell curve for people of African descent falls well below that of European people. Often it's further alleged, by European people, that east Asian people are better still. There's obviously nothing stopping black people from being naive enough to buy into such rhetoric too; nor from holding the view that the world would be better off if most black people weren't in it, without self-hating as long as they consider themselves at the top of their curve.

But for the third time, racism is not the only or even main possibility here. As I said from the beginning, the predictable reaction from certain quarters is the backlash against claims of black oppression, as exemplified in this thread, making it a perfect stunt for any black person who shares views against the alleged racial pandering in America - which isn't necessarily a racist view at all.

Your guess is as good as mine what motivated the authors of the drawing - which in turn means that my guess is as good as yours ;) It might just have been an immature prank devoid of political intent at all! I am merely pointing out that the OP's presumption that they must hold certain socio-political views because of the colour of their skin is, at best, logically dubious.

There is a difference between your theory of this being done out of some kind of black inferiority complex doesn't really hold water. There is a big gap between an inferiority complex and being a black white supremacist or blatant extreme racism. To think the act was not done with forknowledge of what type of reaction it would illicit doesn't really make logical sense.

Back
Top Bottom