• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With three GOP senators on board to vote for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, it's looking like a done deal..

Good for them! Would be great to see a return to the days when Senators understood "advise and consent " ......both sides! I still hold hope one more may come over.

I'm surprised at Romney's vote, since he voted against her appointment to district court. Murkowski and Collins not a surprise, though I wondered if
Murkowski might balk, since she is facing a tough primary. Good for her!!

Why not? There could be more! She's qualified.
Mary, you know exactly why not and it has zero to do with competency. I don't think it has much to do with Black and female for most either.....but yes some. It's because a Democratic President nominated her and they can't be havin' that!!!!

That'll be a buzzkill for the "No White Republicans will vote for a Black woman Justice" crowd.
That crowd looked like just a few people.

As of now, I only see one Republican male Senator come out in favor of Jackson. The current Senate includes only two Black Senators: Tim Scott (R) South Carolina and Cory Booker (D) New Jersey.

That crowd looked like just a few people.

As of now, I only see one Republican male Senator come out in favor of Jackson. The current Senate includes only two Black Senators: Tim Scott (R) South Carolina and Cory Booker (D) New Jersey.
If Tim Scott doesn't vote for he should hang his head in shame. She is eminently well qualified.

And it should be.
She is by far the most qualified SC judge nominee in recent history.
Once again we see GOP Senators putting the party line and party rhetoric over the best interests of the country.
But I am not surprised.

Wow, look at those 48 Democrats who voted against Clarence Thomas, including the former KKK member Robert Byrd. Pretty sure the vast majority were white. I’m guessing you’re okay with that, though.

Clarence Thomas was blatantly unqualified, though. The only reason he was named is because Bush needed a black conservative to replace Marshall, and the only other one on-hand was a 67 year-old semi-retired Judge in the 2nd Circuit. Before you start getting on the racial issue... let me remind you that Reagan named 83 Circuit Court Judges - and only 1 was African American. You think that was an accident? Or how about Trump? 0 out of 54! Yeah... the GOP is totally color-blind.

Back
Top Bottom