• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

With the Christians Logic to the death penalty and abortion one should conclude.....

Youve Got To Be Kidding!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
With the Christians Logic to the death penalty and abortion one should conclude that they are terrorists and they believe in bombing abortion clinics.
Eye for an Eye right?

There is no logic here. This is just in-bred morons seizing a widely held superstition to grab power. But you are correct, yes.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
With the Christians Logic to the death penalty and abortion one should conclude that they are terrorists and they believe in bombing abortion clinics.
Eye for an Eye right?

I don't think you could be more uneducated on Christianity and actual Christian beliefs if you tried. The Bible may say and eye for an eye, that was in reference to the law. In reference to punishments. Christ's teachings in the gospels taught to turn the other cheek. Also, he taught to obey Cesar's law (aka the laws of the land). Vigilantism is illegal and therefore any Christian who bombs a clinic is in no way following any Christian teaching by any stretch of the imagination, except maybe yours.

Christ's teachings and God's teachings conflict with one another.

blogger31 said:
I don't think you could be more uneducated on Christianity and actual Christian beliefs if you tried. The Bible may say and eye for an eye, that was in reference to the law. In reference to punishments. Christ's teachings in the gospels taught to turn the other cheek. Also, he taught to obey Cesar's law (aka the laws of the land). Vigilantism is illegal and therefore any Christian who bombs a clinic is in no way following any Christian teaching by any stretch of the imagination, except maybe yours.

You have no idea what i believe. I do believe abortion should be legal as much as I do that the death penalty should be. I do believe the death penalty is anti christian where I dont with abortion. I do believe it is no place of the government to listen to any religous person speaking on their policy period.

You have no idea what i believe. I do believe abortion should be legal as much as I do that the death penalty should be. I do believe the death penalty is anti christian where I dont with abortion. I do believe it is no place of the government to listen to any religous person speaking on their policy period.

Apparently you think Christians are terrorists (which is really nothing more then an inflammatory statement) because of some supposed Christians who bombed clinics. But by the laws of God and the clear teachings of Christ they are not Christians, that is all I need to know about your beliefs to answer your post.

And abortions are legal to so STFU.

Very classy, what a broad vocabulary you possess.

SHodges said:
Christ's teachings and God's teachings conflict with one another.

Actually no they don't, one only needs to understand the relationship of the new and old testament to understand that. God and Christ are one in the same, both part of the holy trinity, so basically you are saying God contradicts himself. But at any rate, would love to see a few examples, just to see where you are coming from.

Re: With the Christians Logic to the death penalty and abortion one should conclude..

blogger31 said:
Actually no they don't, one only needs to understand the relationship of the new and old testament to understand that. God and Christ are one in the same, both part of the holy trinity, so basically you are saying God contradicts himself. But at any rate, would love to see a few examples, just to see where you are coming from.
Actually, yes they do, one only needs to have a small amount of intellect and the time to sit down and read the bible rather than having people tell them what it says to understand that. And the holy trinity is a human conception. As for the examples, "turning the other cheek" while God himself is incapable of doing the same, damning his perfect creations to a fiery pit because of a minor rebellion, drowning us all for living our lives as he created us to, killing our tower and giving us all separate languages and cultures that would cause horrendous conflicts and bloodshed because of his own arrogance, etc. If God were to exist, he'd be an imperfect buffoon of a tyrant.

Re: With the Christians Logic to the death penalty and abortion one should conclude..

SHodges said:
Actually, yes they do, one only needs to have a small amount of intellect and the time to sit down and read the bible rather than having people tell them what it says to understand that. And the holy trinity is a human conception. As for the examples, "turning the other cheek" while God himself is incapable of doing the same, damning his perfect creations to a fiery pit because of a minor rebellion, drowning us all for living our lives as he created us to, killing our tower and giving us all separate languages and cultures that would cause horrendous conflicts and bloodshed because of his own arrogance, etc. If God were to exist, he'd be an imperfect buffoon of a tyrant.

Darn, here I am reading the Bible on a regular basis, having been through it many times and all the while I guess I have no intellect:roll:

Again assumptions will only come back to bite you.

Now I asked for examples and apparently I was not clear enough, I actually expected some scripture that contradicted Gods word with Christ's teachings. Instead you just chose to take problems of this world and blame them on God, I would hope you have gone much deeper then that.

blogger31 said:
Darn, here I am reading the Bible on a regular basis, having been through it many times and all the while I guess I have no intellect:roll:

Again assumptions will only come back to bite you.

Now I asked for examples and apparently I was not clear enough, I actually expected some scripture that contradicted Gods word with Christ's teachings. Instead you just chose to take problems of this world and blame them on God, I would hope you have gone much deeper then that.
My assumptions will come back to bite me? How so? Someone on the internet will claim to have read the bible multiple times and done so regularly while lacking even the most rudimentary knowledge of it's teachings? You're right, I can feel the error of my ways gnawing on my now virtually lifeless body as we speak. I only hope the blinding pain brought on by my "assumptions" will not prove to be detrimental to my ability to respond.

Here are your superstitious writings, in all their holy glory. Enjoy.

When the Jews were going into the promised land God instructed them to kill everyone, women and children and show them "no pity" (Deuteronomy 7:16)

Meanwhile, we have Jesus preaching about how mercy and pity is great, that you should never kill (One of the ten commandments actually. Who knew that a perfect being, who would be right at all times would change his mind...). Obviously, something is "up".

That's to say nothing of the massive mood change between the Old and New testament. It's almost as if they were two different books, merged to make the newer one's religion more acceptable to the people of the time...

And I find your criticism that I took the problems of this world and blamed them on God laughable. Is this not his creation? Is this not his world? Did he not create everything and everyone before us? I'd say that were he to exist, God very well would be held responsible for the problems of this world. With that said, I never once said anything about problems with todays world, I referenced biblical myth exclusively in my post. I'm confident you actually read my post and payed attention to what I had to say rather than just posting the standard "anti-atheist" response, so perhaps you just misunderstood that bit...

I found a wonderful new source for these contradictions. Apparently Jesus is none other than....SATAN! Enjoy.

Jesus said:
I am the bright and morning star!
The MAN said:
Lucifer is the 'bright and morning star'

I had no idea, I've been debating a satanist this whole time.

blogger31 said:
Christ's teachings in the gospels taught to turn the other cheek. Also, he taught to obey Cesar's law (aka the laws of the land). Vigilantism is illegal and therefore any Christian who bombs a clinic is in no way following any Christian teaching by any stretch of the imagination, except maybe yours.
Ah, so Operation Rescue was very Unchristian, right?

Back
Top Bottom