• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With stimulus cash and jobs spike, U.S. emerges as main engine for global economic recovery

When 0bama won the election, the DJIA immediately tanked down from 10,000 to the 6000s. The market predicts the future. It didn't like what it saw with Captain Idiot.
You are completely lying or have stroked out and can’t remember the complete market collapse that occurred under PRESIDENT BUSH!

You are completely lying or have stroked out and can’t remember the complete market collapse that occurred under PRESIDENT BUSH!

Indeed, it was when we were in the throes of the greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression.

getting as many people vaccinated as possible will help a lot. the available vaccines look pretty good so far. i'm on dose #1.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Shots in arms, money in pockets, and jobs in America. The coming Biden Boom may be unlike anything any of us have ever seen.

The Spanish Flu led to the Roaring Twenties. What will COVID-19 bring?

So surely you were outraged at the skyrocketing deficits under Trump, right?
Yes. We need to do something aboug entitlement spending.

getting as many people vaccinated as possible will help a lot. the available vaccines look pretty good so far. i'm on dose #1.

Great. Now at least you won't die with a ventilator tube down your throat.

The pork giveaway will slow the great economy created by Trump. The fact that the economy is set to do well was put in place by Trump who got us the vaccine at warp speed, after creating the greatest economy perhaps of all time in his first three years. The slowdown was created by the Democrats who closed everything and put people out of work. Biden will be living off Trump's efforts for a year or two before his massive spending and regulation will return us to the 0bama recession. Which, of course, is the goal of the Marxists.
What 'great economy'? Trump left Biden with over 6% unemplyoment, and a negative GDP!

And I hate to say it, because none of us like deficits, but you spend your way out of recessions. That's just the way it is.

Great. Now at least you won't die with a ventilator tube down your throat.

i hope not. no vaccine is 100%, so i am knocking on wood. it has been a stressful year.

Is that why the stock market took off on it's meteoric rise immediately after the election after the previous year of stagnation under 0bama?

The stock market is not the economy (which is what we were discussing), but since you brought it up, the stock market also did better under Obama than Trump.

....with overall economic performance (quarter over quarter GDP growth) better under Obama.

Point being, Trump did NOT create this economy (which was your unsubstantiated assertion). He inherited it. He just didn't screw it up, until he did.

You know, you could improve the quality of your posts, and by extension the quality of the board, if you actually double checked your facts before posting rather than just pulling this stuff out of your ......., I mean, where ever you store your unsubstantiated impressions.

Last edited:
The Biden boom is underway.

"Amid steady progress with coronavirus vaccinations, the U.S. economy is gathering so much steam that its gains will not stay at home. Demand for goods and services this year is expected to spill well beyond U.S. borders, making the United States the largest single contributor to global growth for the first time since 2005, according to Oxford Economics.The U.S. ascent ends — at least for now — China’s long reign as the principal engine powering the $90 trillion global economy.

Free spending by the Biden administration — coupled with the Federal Reserve’s ultralow interest rates — is driving the nascent U.S. boom and lifting other countries, where governments have not responded as aggressively to the pandemic. As Americans spent their $600 government stimulus checks in January on furniture, laptops and clothing, the U.S. imported a record $221 billion worth of goods. And that was before a round of $1,400 checks in March.

...A strengthening U.S. economy, however, is welcome after a year of pandemic gloom. But as expectations of strong growth drive up long-term interest rates, investors are pulling money out of emerging markets to earn higher returns in the United States. More than $5 billion left developing countries in March, which some analysts worry could herald larger outflows to come and undermine recovery prospects in poor and middle-income nations."

The Biden boom is underway.

But Fairy dust is a temporary thing

Back
Top Bottom