• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With Roe gone, will states ban the morning after pill?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.

Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.
It will be outlawed in micro-seconds in most red states

medical consensus notwithstanding, some antiabortion activists and lawmakers have
long argued that commonly used birth control methods like the pill in fact cause abortions
because, although their primary mode of action is to prevent ovulation or fertilization, they
may on occasion act after fertilization to prevent implantation. Such activists have long
sought to embody this belief into public policy.

“Birth control very often causes abortion—period. The medical community has known for a long time and the government is just now admitting it. We hope this 11th-hour consideration puts a new consciousness in the American people—the pill kills.”

Republican controlled states will ban anything remotely related to abortion or pregnancy termination and I will not be surprised if R-winger controlled states start prosecuting women they discover have gone out of state to have the procedure, get the pills, or fail to report a miscarriage.

Our elected R's aren't in for a penny with this, they will demand that pound of flesh!

The premise here is premature. This was a draft, with two months until opinion comes down. A lot can change between now and then.

The premise here is premature. This was a draft, with two months until opinion comes down. A lot can change between now and then.
Says the skier still slightly in front of the avalanche but only halfway up the mountain.

The RW will absolutely work to ban all things remotely considered abortion. Some don't want women to be able to prevent pregnancy either. There have always been men like this - religious fundamentalists. It looks like they continue to gain power in the US. And with it, the ability to control women's fertility options.
Women will still get abortions out of necessity. Some will be injured and some will die.

The RW will absolutely work to ban all things remotely considered abortion. Some don't want women to be able to prevent pregnancy either. There have always been men like this - religious fundamentalists. It looks like they continue to gain power in the US. And with it, the ability to control women's fertility options.
Women will still get abortions out of necessity. Some will be injured and some will die.
Most Republicans are Pro Life hypocrites. The elected ones pretend and posture but this has always been about control + power for them. The abortion issue has always been a worthwhile tool in that regard.

Of course, if Roe is upheld, the pro-life will call the opinion illegitimate because of the pressure of this leak. If Roe is stricken, the pro-choice side has a two month head start on the November elections...

Anyone think the Dems will concentrate on how to educate children rather than abort them now? Not that it's any of my business.

Obviously they’re going to ban the morning after pill. Them question is how they’re going to illegalize women getting abortions or the morning after pill out of state.

Of course, if Roe is upheld, the pro-life will call the opinion illegitimate because of the pressure of this leak. If Roe is stricken, the pro-choice side has a two month head start on the November elections...
No matter what happens the alleged pro-life will spin it to their best effect.

Anyone think the Dems will concentrate on how to educate children rather than abort them now? Not that it's any of my business.

So is the right, now that they want to FORCE women to carry to term, going to stop complaining about the government having to help these children once their born? I remember a conservative saying "The government isn't your baby daddy, if you didn't want a child you shouldn't have had one".

So is the right, now that they want to FORCE women to carry to term, going to stop complaining about the government having to help these children once their born? I remember a conservative saying "The government isn't your baby daddy, if you didn't want a child you shouldn't have had one".
The PRO in Pro-Life has nothing to do with PROtecting life after birth.

Educate children? In what way?

Stock up on plan b pills ordered through the mail. Just like everyone did in 2018.

Nothing is off the table when it comes to Republican, err... the Christian Taliban, from harming women.

This is absolutely hilarious - sad, but hilarious nevertheless.

🍿 🍕🍿

While I can't say for sure if they will succeed, I can guarantee you that they want to kill it off badly.
Like @OrphanSlug says ---- NOTHING is off the table.

Probably? It depends on the state.

Alito's crap went to great lengths to stress that it wouldn't affect those other areas, but the opinion proves them liars as it is. Red states will go after every last thing they can.

They don't even follow their own commandments and they're going to get women killed to force their religion into government.

Uh uhhhh.... based on what we are already seeing, folks are already reacting as if it's a done deal and they are NOT going to forget the fact that the SCOTUS and GOP TRIED. Even if Roe winds up being spared, few will forget that it almost got dismantled.
Few will forget the continuous attacks on rights, few will forget the venal and bitter hatred being spewed at democracy itself.

They can count on the hardcore base but my gut says this is maybe the worst case of overreach from the political Right in a long time.
And overreach is what causes tidal waves.

It will be outlawed in micro-seconds in most red states

Goddamn CONDOMS will be outlawed if they get a crack at them.
NOTE: I am not saying condoms will disappear...impossible.
I'm saying contraception will go underground if they get their way.

Back
Top Bottom