• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With Roe gone, will states ban the morning after pill?

"If Roe vs. Wade was going to be overturned, it would have been done years ago... It's a non-issue that the democrats use every election to scare the people who don't know any better."
- @Grim17
I was wrong... Surprise, I'm human.

I failed to take into account the fact that you people were calling for the murder of children that were born, and that might offend some people.

Someone suggested the other day that this leak was part of a plan to legalize post-birth abortion. I suppose using the backlash (which we're seeing right now) of possibly overturning Roe v. Wade as momentum to this next step.

Don't know how credible that is or even if I believe it - though after the Maryland and Virginia bills were put forth to allow the killing of babies up to a month after birth, I don't doubt for an instant that such a desire is harbored by some.

Then there's the rationalization that "technically" (if one looks at the definition of abortion) that that wouldn't "fit the definition"... smh

Definitely some extremely depraved people out there.
A leaked draft opinion aiming to reverse Roe v. Wade may be used to make post birth abortion legal? That literally makes no sense whatsoever.

this is a testament to how far they are willing to go right here.... they know they needed some issue to break the overwhelming disapproval ratings they are getting and sure enough, some asshole sitting on the supreme court or working for the SCOTUS leaked it to them.
They have no discernable moral values and no respect for the nation as a whole. There entire political relevance is based on lies and it's starting to come unraveled.

Someone suggested the other day that this leak was part of a plan to legalize post-birth abortion. I suppose using the backlash (which we're seeing right now) of possibly overturning Roe v. Wade as momentum to this next step.

Don't know how credible that is or even if I believe it - though after the Maryland and Virginia bills were put forth to allow the killing of babies up to a month after birth, I don't doubt for an instant that such a desire is harbored by some.

Then there's the rationalization that "technically" (if one looks at the definition of abortion) that that wouldn't "fit the definition"... smh

Definitely some extremely depraved people out there.
I don't understand how anyone who claims to stand for the oppressed can stand for the cold blooded murder of an innocent, new born baby... But that is precisely what they support.

They're certainly going to try and do that, but Alito's decision doesn't immediately lend itself to support such a ban. "We can ban it because we can ban abortions" doesn't follow because contraceptives don't actually cause abortions.

I don't understand how anyone who claims to stand for the oppressed can stand for the cold blooded murder of an innocent, new born baby... But that is precisely what they support.
I don't understand how anyone who claims to stand for the oppressed can outright reject body autonomy.

Anyone think the Dems will concentrate on how to educate children rather than abort them now? Not that it's any of my business.
That's exactly what Democrats so, that hypocritical republican assholes fight. No, they push their Taliban abstinence only. and with terrible results

Colorado is the best example, providing extensive sex education and access to birth contorl, and they halved abortions and teen pregancy. Republicans fight sex ed, access to birth control, because they are all about enforcing their Christian Taliban view

Look at the teen pregnancy rates in the red states, particularly the south. Abysmal.
1651685709543.png

I failed to take into account the fact that you people were calling for the murder of children that were born, and that might offend some people.

Ah, so even when you're wrong about something, it's the Democrats' fault eh?

I love your take on personal responsibility.

I don't understand how anyone who claims to stand for the oppressed can outright reject body autonomy.
After a baby is born, explain how that falls under the category of a woman's body autonomy?

Ah, so even when you're wrong about something, it's the Democrats' fault eh?

I love your take on personal responsibility.
So admitting I was in error wasn't good enough for you?

No surprise there considering the cancel culture you people embrace.

Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.
Sounds very ralibandish!!!

So admitting I was in error wasn't good enough for you?

Incorrect, admitting you were in error wasn't good enough for you.

You had to then go blame your error on the Democrats.

Incorrect, admitting you were in error wasn't good enough for you.

You had to then go blame your error on the Democrats.

Bullshit. You better learn to read more carefully.

After a baby is born, explain how that falls under the category of a woman's body autonomy?

It doesn't, I'm just mentioning it because it's topical.

Sounds very ralibandish!!!
I have looked up ralibandish and could find no meaning for the word, do it is hard to argue your point. Everything I wrote is true as i know someone who had been raped and they went through everything and her rapist is in jail. She became so scared though, that she moved across the country to an area where she felt safer and may move out of country.

You keep telling this lie. Why?

Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.

they will say 'but look at what she was wearing'. You know it.

Bullshit. You better learn to read more carefully.
Or what, you'll make another mistake then try to pin it on Democrats as well? Sure, go ahead :)

Back
Top Bottom