• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With Roe gone, will states ban the morning after pill?

Right Wingers are now open about their true intentions​

c3su0qq5vbx81.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/****thealt.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

drama llama bullshit. The rational argument against abortion in some cases, doesn't exist for gay sex
But Alito's argument was the right to an abortion was not enumerated in the constitution, so it does not exist. The same could be said about gay rights and gay marriage.
drama llama bullshit. The rational argument against abortion in some cases, doesn't exist for gay sex

He's always been very open with his dumbass beliefs. He doesn't speak for all of those on the right.
Just for most of them.:sneaky:

Akin's an idiot. and many cases of rape are not cases where rapist is sticking a gun in the victim's face, Date rape or chemically aided rape (roofies) for example. I know several women who had abortions after date rape pregnancy.
I know one who did not abort after a rape. To this day, my ex wife and I do not know who biological 'dad' is, but I know I am Dad!

I know one who did not abort after a rape. To this day, my ex wife and I do not know who biological 'dad' is, but I know I am Dad!
More power to her but my wife did have an abortion after a date rape where she was drugged-long before I met her.

Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.

Will anti-choice theocratic freaks stop until women are stripped of all their rights? The answer is no. Abortion pill? They've been talking about banning contraceptives entirely.

bullshit. Rape is a real ass kicker to the abortion banning side. It's a no win issue for them. If they are consistent, they have to oppose abortion in the case of rape: the "child" is innocent no matter how it was conceived. But banning abortion in the case of rape is a political mine field for the anti abortion movement. Lots of people who oppose abortion for those who got pregnant for reasons other than rape, still support abortion in the case of rape.

Wow, cool...you're under the misconception that right wing voters in Dixie care about such details.

bullshit. Rape is a real ass kicker to the abortion banning side. It's a no win issue for them. If they are consistent, they have to oppose abortion in the case of rape: the "child" is innocent no matter how it was conceived. But banning abortion in the case of rape is a political mine field for the anti abortion movement. Lots of people who oppose abortion for those who got pregnant for reasons other than rape, still support abortion in the case of rape.
I think you underestimate the political climate in those red states. Those legislatures have not shown one iota of fear passing the most outrageous anti abortion laws.

I think you underestimate the political climate in those red states. Those legislatures have not shown one iota of fear passing the most outrageous anti abortion laws.
I wouldn't vote for a politician who states a woman who is raped has to bear the child

Will anti-choice theocratic freaks stop until women are stripped of all their rights? The answer is no. Abortion pill? They've been talking about banning contraceptives entirely.

Who? Name them.

More power to her but my wife did have an abortion after a date rape where she was drugged-long before I met her.
It was very difficult because she needed more time to process through the trauma , and then decide, not less! Trust me, I was stalling to provide her that time.

It was very difficult because she needed more time to process through the trauma , and then decide, not less! Trust me, I was stalling to provide her that time.
Not my place to judge that decision. If you all were right with it, then I am happy

And anyone that reports a woman using it will then have that woman accused of murder.

Who? Name them.

Oh, is that a challenge? Challenge accepted.

Enjoy subjugating yourself!

Tons of rights and behaviors will be banned.

Expect gay sex to become illegal again. The trans community will be jailed.

Such things will be outlawed in some places to be sure. Enforcement? Another matter. The taliban controlled/ex-CSA states operate under the same budgetary pressures as every other place.

Again, Texas has proven that if you simply allow people to be harassed and the courts are okay with it...you can force people to stop behavior without the pain of getting a law passed. Essentially coercion is alive and well under the Roberts court.

Not my place to judge that decision. If you all were right with it, then I am happy
I honestly did not care much what her 'call' was, I cared that she made one, with some of the conviction I always knew her to have about everything else that was important to her. Eventually, she TOLD me and stopped asking, and that was when I knew she was doing the talking, not the trauma.

Oh, is that a challenge? Challenge accepted.

I'd like a quote from Marsha Blackburn saying she wants ALL birth control banned. I didn't see that in this opinion piece.

Are the rest of these links just opinion pieces on what they think Republicans will do or do we have some concrete from-the-mouth evidence that these Republicans want every single form of contraception banned?

Enjoy subjugating yourself!

Goddamn CONDOMS will be outlawed if they get a crack at them.
NOTE: I am not saying condoms will disappear...impossible.
I'm saying contraception will go underground if they get their way.

The market will be there for enterprising young men and women. Its incredible that the Roberts court is forcing (or will force) people to look to black market solutions but that is where we are at in this nation.

I'm thinking a husband doesn't want his wife to die if she carries a child to term.
I'm thinking a husband /family doesn't want a woman to carry a baby conceived from rape.
I'm thinking parents don't their daughter to carry and give birth due to incest/rape.

Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.

In some states, yes. Until an absolute right to privacy, including the right to seek abortion, is enshrined explicitly in the Constitution via Amendment to the Bill of Rights.

About 10-20% of the pregnancies in the US end in miscarriage according to one source.

Will the Roberts court now give the jurisdictions a mandate to investigate all of these lost pregnancies?

Back
Top Bottom