• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

With Roe gone, will states ban the morning after pill?

Uh uhhhh.... based on what we are already seeing, folks are already reacting as if it's a done deal and they are NOT going to forget the fact that the SCOTUS and GOP TRIED. Even if Roe winds up being spared, few will forget that it almost got dismantled.
Few will forget the continuous attacks on rights, few will forget the venal and bitter hatred being spewed at democracy itself.

They can count on the hardcore base but my gut says this is maybe the worst case of overreach from the political Right in a long time.
And overreach is what causes tidal waves.
I wouldn’t bank on that. The only “few” thing about any of this is the number of people showing up for protests.

Just remember folks, a SC so predisposed to take away a woman's right to choose will not think twice in taking away anything else they so choose.
What they created they can take away. That’s why it’s always been profoundly stupid to rely on SCOTUS instead of doing what you’re supposed to do and amend the Constitution.

It will be outlawed in micro-seconds in most red states
Tons of rights and behaviors will be banned.

Expect gay sex to become illegal again. The trans community will be jailed.

It will be outlawed in micro-seconds in most red states
bullshit. Rape is a real ass kicker to the abortion banning side. It's a no win issue for them. If they are consistent, they have to oppose abortion in the case of rape: the "child" is innocent no matter how it was conceived. But banning abortion in the case of rape is a political mine field for the anti abortion movement. Lots of people who oppose abortion for those who got pregnant for reasons other than rape, still support abortion in the case of rape.

Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.
In some states its probably going to depend on that pregnant woman proving rape beyond a reasonable doubt, within the next 24 hours. its going to be tough sledding in Montana. It was the Congressman Rod Akin, who pointed out that if the rape was 'legitimate' a woman could not get pregnant. https://theweek.com/articles/472972/rape-cant-cause-pregnancy-brief-history-todd-akins-bogus-theory

Tons of rights and behaviors will be banned.

Expect gay sex to become illegal again. The trans community will be jailed.
drama llama bullshit. The rational argument against abortion in some cases, doesn't exist for gay sex

Most anti-abortionists include the morning after pill as as abortion. So waht happens to rape victims. When a rape victim gets to the hospital to be examined, they are given the morning after pill to insure no child results from the rape. If the state bans such pills how many rape children will result from such a ban. We know that in 2019 there were 140 thousand reported rapes. I have read that only 1 in 6 rapes are reported, so we might be talking about a lot of children of rape. The rape victim will not only have to have a child of their rapist, but raise them with little or no help from the very people who will force her to have the child. And in some states, the rapist can get visitation rights. All of this and for three weeks after the rape, the rape victim has to take drugs to insure they have not contracted HIV. This is what a rape victim has to look forward to.

What they created they can take away. That’s why it’s always been profoundly stupid to rely on SCOTUS instead of doing what you’re supposed to do and amend the Constitution.
Exactly. PERHAPS Just perhaps that will come out of this?

In some states its probably going to depend on that pregnant woman proving rape beyond a reasonable doubt, within the next 24 hours. its going to be tough sledding in Montana. It was the Congressman Rod Akin, who pointed out that if the rape was 'legitimate' a woman could not get pregnant. https://theweek.com/articles/472972/rape-cant-cause-pregnancy-brief-history-todd-akins-bogus-theory
Akin's an idiot. and many cases of rape are not cases where rapist is sticking a gun in the victim's face, Date rape or chemically aided rape (roofies) for example. I know several women who had abortions after date rape pregnancy.

Anyone think the Dems will concentrate on how to educate children rather than abort them now? Not that it's any of my business.
Why is that all on Democrats? Don't Republicans have a reason to concentrate on educating children?

The RW will absolutely work to ban all things remotely considered abortion. Some don't want women to be able to prevent pregnancy either. There have always been men like this - religious fundamentalists. It looks like they continue to gain power in the US. And with it, the ability to control women's fertility options.
Women will still get abortions out of necessity. Some will be injured and some will die.

And the LW will continue to work so that there are basically no limits on abortion.

Its called 'democracy.
Progressives like to tell people they believe in it.

Uh uhhhh.... based on what we are already seeing, folks are already reacting as if it's a done deal and they are NOT going to forget the fact that the SCOTUS and GOP TRIED. Even if Roe winds up being spared, few will forget that it almost got dismantled.
Few will forget the continuous attacks on rights, few will forget the venal and bitter hatred being spewed at democracy itself.

They can count on the hardcore base but my gut says this is maybe the worst case of overreach from the political Right in a long time.
And overreach is what causes tidal waves.

It would seem obvious Roe attacked democracy-- by removing the issue form the political and democratic process.
Its not clear how those who have such a "venal and bitter" hatred toward what will probably be the Dobbs decision, a decision which RESTORES this issue to the democratic process, think they are in a position of defending democracy.

Goddamn CONDOMS will be outlawed if they get a crack at them.
NOTE: I am not saying condoms will disappear...impossible.
I'm saying contraception will go underground if they get their way.
Wut?

Why in the world would they go after condoms, or contraception?

That doesn't even make an iota of sense.

This is absolutely hilarious - sad, but hilarious nevertheless.

🍿 🍕🍿
Their is no line, or should I say lie, that is too outrageous for the left. They have no moral standards and have made it clear that they will lie their asses off and won't even blink an eye.

Is there any state where the morning after pill is not legal or not available?
Answer: No.

Is there any state that has proposed, or has pending legislation, to outlaw contraception?

When I first got together with Karen, her former hubs had walked out on her and MY first marriage had failed.
She was in a not so great living situation, son dying from heart issues, she was losing the ability to walk, surviving on
the meager child support hubs was giving her plus her SSDI, and a little help from the Nazarene church she had joined in Jonesboro Arkansas.

Say what you want but I KNOW the facts on how mainstream this stuff is in the Christian Taliban because in good faith I decided to start completely over in order to assure her I had the best intentions. I moved down there and resolved to become a good Christian southern man and live the southern way as best I could.
The Church of the Nazarene is every bit as mainstream as any other Baptist or Protestant faith, and the sermons even back then in 1998 were overflowing with blood and spittle about their goals of overturning Roe and wiping out wicked behavior like premarital sex, contraception, gay rights, etc.

None of you on the political hardcore Right are fooling anybody.

Their is no line, or should I say lie, that is too outrageous for the left. They have no moral standards and have made it clear that they will lie their asses off and won't even blink an eye.

Is there any state where the morning after pill is not legal or not available?

Is there any state that has proposed, or has pending legislation, to outlaw contraception?

What will men do when we stop having sex with them altogether? We have options that don't include men or their precious baby gravy.

How about forced vasectomies for people who voted to ban a women's choice? **** with our choice and you could pay with yours.

Again...
Did it sink in this time? Hope so.

What will men do when we stop having sex with them altogether? We have options that don't include men or their precious baby gravy.

How about forced vasectomies for people who voted to ban a women's choice? **** with our choice and you could pay with yours.

I think the women of America should seriously consider the option, I really do.
Besides, you ladies are much better at abstaining than we are, when you decide you're "done".

Do it.
Seriously...band together, have your Zoom meetings, whatever it takes, and CUT men COMPLETELY OFF.
No nook-nook whatsoever unless and until men stop with this crap.

Not that I'd never give a republican nook nook ^^^ lol

For real. Women, please, no matter how much they beg.​

w4ev5bqqfcx81.jpg

Back
Top Bottom